Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

New Kinetix Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what that did to his A/F numbers? Sorry if iut said, I haven't read all 20,000 posts in that thread yet. =)

Old 04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Never enough
His a/f looks great! This is a must for me! Just look at it!

Old 04-21-2005, 12:42 AM
its funny how after 16 pages of posts on this manifold, these people have not done or produced any numbers for NA motors. I would never purchase a plenum strictly because it looks pretty. Those of you who are talking about buying it before proven #'s are shown and just for looks are sounding like original ricers.
A plenum like that plenum is going to react completelly different to forced induction than it is going to react to a Naturally aspirated car. I would not be surprised if there were torque and power losses. It takes research and development of unbeliavable expense to take a motor like this one and make significantly better than it already is by just adding a pretty manifold. Prove me wrong.....Lets see those damn #'s and stop stalling.

Last edited by Dannyrotorpilot; 04-21-2005 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:49 AM
They wont provide N/A #'s because it will show big losses under 4K. Unless they combine the intake as a staged package with matched cams, Tuned fuel/timing map piggyback, and ECU flash for the cam timing etc., this should not be sold as a N/A mod. You may have some guys put one on a N/A car and claim by their butt-dyno that there are big gains. But it will be due to the sharp contrast between the losses down low and the power band coming on as they go over 4K. Kinda like a 2-Stroke power curve. The car will actually be slower in the 1/4 mile, but to the inexperienced, it will feel faster.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
umm, right....

they are going to produce NA numbers next week....

maybe you guys should read the thread.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dannyrotorpilot
its funny how after 16 pages of posts on this manifold, these people have not done or produced any numbers for NA motors. I would never purchase a plenum strictly because it looks pretty. Those of you who are talking about buying it before proven #'s are shown and just for looks are sounding like original ricers.
A plenum like that plenum is going to react completelly different to forced induction than it is going to react to a Naturally aspirated car. I would not be surprised if there were torque and power losses. It takes research and development of unbeliavable expense to take a motor like this one and make significantly better than it already is by just adding a pretty manifold. Prove me wrong.....Lets see those damn #'s and stop stalling.
^ i agree with the fact that it wont provide significant gains on an NA vehicle, however that has been stated in the thread...IF you had taken time to read the thread you wouldve seen that rather than coming here and repeating what was already said....people are just enthusiastic about more parts being produced/developed for our cars, since when was that a crime?? Again its good to be skeptical (just like crawford was/is about spacers) but to demand things and knock products before they are even released and claiming people who are enthusiastic to be 'ricers' is plain ignorance IMO.

lets give kinetix time and see what happens....
Patience is virtue and you obviously, dont have any patience

Last edited by pdjafari; 04-21-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by pdjafari
^ i agree with the fact that it wont provide significant gains on an NA vehicle, however that has been stated in the thread...IF you had taken time to read the thread you wouldve seen that rather than coming here and repeating what was already said....people are just enthusiastic about more parts being produced/developed for our cars, since when was that a crime?? Again its good to be skeptical (just like crawford was/is about spacers) but to demand things and knock products before they are even released and claiming people who are enthusiastic to be 'ricers' is plain ignorance IMO.

lets give kinetix time and see what happens....
Patience is virtue and you obviously, dont have any patience
Well put.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:10 AM
thanx randy,

what happend to your avatar!!

Old 04-21-2005, 10:13 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by pdjafari
thanx randy,

what happend to your avatar!!
I'm in Central Texas now and "So Cal's #1 post *****" doesn't fit anymore. You guys have plenty of other "******" there now.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:22 AM
The last I read they would have n/a numbers on Wednesday (yesterday) but I have not seen anything yet.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Just read this post......

we had a small delay due to a fedex shipping mishap, which has postponed us a couple days, so we hope to have NA numbers first thing next week.

sorry for the delays!!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Randy,

Im sure you can now be Glen Rose's #1 post ***** and I dont think anyone else will disagree!!

Old 04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
wow that looks awesome. what is the anticipated release date? what if you were na now but were planning to go fi would it be worth it to get it when it comes out even though fi was a ways off?

Old 04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, it makes the engine bay look completly different:

I'm def interested to see what kind of numbers they get on the NA setup.....I'll wager it's not going to be worth the $800 price tag though.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by nuttyprof
umm, right....

they are going to produce NA numbers next week....

maybe you guys should read the thread.

This? http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...6&postcount=33

With a blower, looks to me like nothing happening until 6K. A power curve like that? on a street car? No thanks. The N/A should be even less impressive. Sure makes getting at the injectors and spark plugs easier though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Kinetix Intake Manifold