Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Coupe electric fan in Sedan

Old 07-01-2003, 02:20 AM
mtn
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe electric fan in Sedan

Has anyone here tried to install the electric fan from the coupe on the sedan? Looked at both the electric fan in the coupe and the mechanical fan shroud on the sedan. They both bolt on the same places on the radiator. Next question is where can the electric fans be plugged in on the sedan.

Old 07-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Coupe electric fan in Sedan

This has been brought up before, the sedan has electric fans. Pop your hood and look, no mechanical drive's, nothing but space between the engine and the 2 electric fan motors sitting on the radiator. This does make me want to go to the dealer and pop the hood on a coupe and figure out why your not the first person that's wondered this.

Ivry 6mt sed
Injen CAI, 22" resonator
8X18 Enkei RPM2 45mm
Kumho MX 245/40
clear corners

Old 07-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe w/ K&N CAI

Since I own a Coupe, & have had it in the shop for various minor things, window streak TSB etc.. I have had Sedan loaners & CAN SAY FOR SURE, I have observed clutch based, not electric fans like in my Coupe. You can also tell by the sound the engine makes. My simple guess is that along the lines of the now missing exterior trunk release latch on the Sedan, & some HVAC logic control changes (observed in the most recent Sedan loaner I had, which only had 2000 miles on it), that there was most likely a mid model revision which introduces the electric fans. In fact, they are re-aligning my drivers window now, due to not re-seating it properly for the streak problem, I will look under the hood of the Sedan I have now, which is an 03 with 4000 miles on it, & see what it has. Funny thing is, I was just wondering this VERY thing last week, as in, wondering if they ever changed from the cluthced fan, as the engine did not sound as whirring to me......

I'll let you guys know what I find....

SoCalMMR

Old 07-01-2003, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya'll are not the first person to ask this, and the answer is NO. The reason that the answer is No is because the ECM controls the fan, and as of right know there is no way to reprogram a ECM to go from a clutch fan to a electric fan and if you could there is no reason to go to that much trouble for an electric fan.