Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Nismo cold air intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nismo cold air intake

hey guys, i just leased a brand new 6mt and actually had two questions...
1. Is the Nismo cold air for the g35 a good intake to buy for deeper sound
2. Can i have infiniti order the nismo cold air and install and NOT void my factory warranty?

Old 09-12-2005, 03:48 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
i also had the question of if it would void my warranty. i talked to my dealer and the GM said that they would keep the warranty in tact but any problems caused by installing the CAI would not be covered. any CAI is going to give you deeper sound

Old 09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
install it ur self and save ur self some money, try to find people in ur area that might be able to help you

Old 09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
It's a very easy install to do. Shoudln't take you very long to take the whole thing apart and get it installed. Hardest part was cutting away a small foam block in your bumper. There are instructions that come with it are for the Z, but you can find instructions online for the G easily.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:57 PM
i have no problem installing the intake myself, but my whole thing is about the factory warranty on the car...thats what i'm worried about the most, i was told if the dealer does it then the warranty holds

Old 09-12-2005, 03:40 PM
affecting your warranty or not really depends on which dealer you deal with. I have dealt with three Infiniti dealers in Canada, the responses concern that if the modification would revoke the factory warranty are quite different. One dealer showed uncertain attitude,anther one expressed their absolute conclusion that if I add anything aftermarket, it definitely effects my whole car warranty(sounds really rediculous,I am not sure that do not they really know what they are doing or showing a negative professional attitude), the last one which made me very satisfied told me as long as the malfunctioned parts are still stock parts, I do have my warranty no doubt.

Take your car into a nice dealer, you will be nicely serviced, and you will be absolutely satisfied.

Last edited by acerys; 09-13-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I just spoke with the dealer in Concord and they told me they can order the part and do the install and they will completely warranty it for me. NOW THE QUESTION IS, is the new Nismo CAI the best intake to buy? (I would assume so since its NISMO)

Old 09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
all intakes do the same thing.. big gains? definately not. They do make a slight change in sound though (like a whistle sound). Is it the best intake? Probably not but its the only one (aside from aem) that provides a bypass valve. I believe u can get an addon for injen now too. So price around and see which intake you can get a better deal on.. nismo tends to be the most expensive for the "name."

Old 09-12-2005, 10:05 PM
I got Pro1 intake in my car, but many people dislike the style of it,for me,I do not like it either. But I have to admit personally that it works and sounds way better than Injen and NISMO, which I had both of them before. On the car,I made a custom air box to help more cold air flow to the filter. I feel that Pro1 intake gives more low-rmp torque and better high-rmp response.The long-pipe intake definitely allows more air flowing into the engine,but due to the position that air filter locates,the more direct the filter exposed to outside cold air the more dust stick on it,and the maintainance interval is much shorter than if you have short-ram intake. Pro1 intake comes with foam-like filter which is like material of sponge. I am going to replace it with HKS foam filter after finishing the current one's life time.

Last edited by acerys; 09-12-2005 at 10:08 PM.