Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Every G35 'KP Technologies' Module unmasked and reviewed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 04:22 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every G35 'KP Technologies' Module unmasked and reviewed!!

(For those who don't frequent the General Coupe Forum where I origianlly posted this)

Ok guys. For those who don’t know, KP Technologies (hereinafter "KP") has developed several electronic based mods that are simple, convenient and very practical for our Gs. And now that I have just about every KP product installed on my 2005 coupe, I wanted to give you guys a thorough review of these really cool mods. For further reference, you can visit his website at www.kptechnologies.com for more information. Also I would like to note that all of my mods were purchased and installed by Official KP Installer Daniel (SFLG35).

The first mod I bought was the KP Window Roll-up Module. In fact, I think it was my first mod ever (done same day as clear corner and Z-tube). For those who don’t know, this little gadget uses the key fob to raise the window (just like you can lower it by pressing and holding the unlock button down). This device makes it so you just hit the lock button on the key fob twice and it goes up. Simple and effective. This really came in handy at a recent Dyno day in Orlando, FL. As always in Flroida, we got a quick rain shower and everyone scrambled to their car while I just hit the key fob lock button twice and presto...closed. Additionally, this module also comes with an auto-lock device which automatically locks your car 6 seconds after you start it. Neat little safety feature. Some people didn’t like that it locked before putting it in gear, so....KP developed the next module I bought.

This next module was the KP Auto-Lock RPM Module. This module will lock your doors when your car gets above 1500 RPMs for the first time. Same safety feature in the Window Roll-up Mod but now locks only after getting the car going. Additionally, KP designed this module to automatically unlock your doors the instant you turn your ignition off. This was especially cool for us 2005'ers which no longer have the feature where the door will open when you pull the handle whether its locked or not. So, this has been one of my favorite features to date.

Of course, when I decided to supercharge the G, I had to do something about the VDC button. For those who don’t know, you can turn OFF the VDC by pressing the 'VDC OFF' button, however, rest assured that Nissan designed it to be right back ON next time you start the car. This gets annoying for those of us who love to drive our cars hard. At first, I told myself that I would just push the button and save a few bucks. Well...that got really old (especially when I forget to push it) and decided to buy the KP VDC Module. Now, it is much easier to just turn the VDC ON when needed (highway or rain driving) than it is to keep turning it OFF 10 times a day.

The next mod KP developed and I subsequently bought was one which measures a 10 on the coolness factor. The KP Shift Light Module. Probably designed for those at the track, it has been very handy for my Vortech’d G and will probably be useful for just about anyone who drives their car hard. The way this works is really easy. It’s a small LED light that can be mounted just about anywhere you want. Some people like the A-piller location. I liked it within my steering dash...basically its right next to the trip reset button. When I get home, I'll post a picture so you can actually see where I have it. Hopefully there will be a video of it in action on KP’s website soon. You can have the light go off at whatever RPM setting you want. For example, I have mine set to blink at 5000RPMs. And don’t think you wont be able to see it....it’s bright enough to notice even during the brightest days (at night, it’s just freakin’ cool). I think they offer both an amber light (to match the already orange interior) and a blue light. I got the blue light and love it.

KP just announced his next module: The KP Sunroof Module. While I do not have this yet, I know the car it was tested on (SFLG35) and witnessed the first trial firstand. It worked to perfection. This will be my next mod for sure. So, now I can open and close the sunroof in the same way I open and close the windows (of course in conjunction with the Windows Up Module). I know I got that performance package for something other than the great Bose system!!

I also recently read a post where KP is thinking about a KP Independent Fog Light Control Module that can make the driver just turn on the fogs without having to turn on the headlights. I think this is great as I used to just drive with just fogs before but have found that to be burdensome in the G (as I spent good money on the Philips 6000K bulb and don’t feel like using it day and night). Hopefully there will be enough interest in this that will make KP go forward with it. So...if you are interested in this, go check out this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/70341-independent-fog-light-control.html and bug Kevin to make it!

The cool thing I have found with all these modules is that they all work in conjunction with each other. I swear I have seen Daniel splice the same wire 5 times, but, in the end, every module works and they make the car that much more fun to drive.

I hope you guys (and gals) found this post informative in some way. Again, I just briefly wanted to review each module I have. If you guys need more detail, let me know and I certainly will do the best I can to inform you better. Some have questioned the difficulty in installing it. While I had Daniel (SFLG35) install all my stuff, I was there and watched it all. The directions given are easy to follow (as everything is color coded anyway) and a cinch for those who wish to try it on their own.

In all, the modules designed by KP are cheap, useful and downright practical. Again, feel free to contact me or go right to the top and contact/PM Kevin at KP (KPierson) or Daniel (SFLG35) for any questions you may have.

Happy modding everyone!!

Jason

Last edited by g8tor20; 10-12-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
nice write up

Old 10-12-2005, 05:13 PM
alot of the members in the national G club (va/md/dc) are interested but were not quite as lucky to have a member like sflg35 to perform installs!! we were thinking about setting up a group buy for the window roll up module, just unsure of the install difficulty etc!! thanks for the awesome write up!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The window, VDC, and Door lock modules sound awesome.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
alot of the members in the national G club (va/md/dc) are interested but were not quite as lucky to have a member like sflg35 to perform installs!! we were thinking about setting up a group buy for the window roll up module, just unsure of the install difficulty etc!! thanks for the awesome write up!!!

I have seen Dan install all this stuff and it's not hard at all. You just have to get to the wires. I do think the RPM install was much more intensive than the others. I would PM Daniel and see what he says though.

Glad I could help...

Old 10-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Also...pdjafari....if you get enough people to commit to enough modules...he may even drive / fly up that way for a big install day. He does that here in Florida.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Devil's Advocate
Hmmm... I wonder if there's any chance that he's going to be out to Vegas for SEMA.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm i would love a shift light!

Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pdjafari
pm sent

Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM
FGC President
Originally Posted by roneski
Hmmm... I wonder if there's any chance that he's going to be out to Vegas for SEMA.
i know i wont be out there and i dont think kevin will be but you never know.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:05 PM
FGC President
Originally Posted by Alan
hmm i would love a shift light!
shift lights are coming. they will be released very soon.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:13 PM
FGC President
i love my window and vdc modules.

at first i wasnt to big on the auto lock/unlock module. i figured i would just test it out and see what i thought and then take it out. now that i have had it in for a while i really like it and wonder why our cars didnt come with it in the first place. the install on these is a little bit more intense the the other installs because it requires a couple more connections. over all i am very happy with it and glad i kept it.

the auto lock/ unlock can come in 3 different settings. you can have a six second delay which will lock the doors six seconds after you turn the ignition on. it will not lock the doors however if the door is left open. 2nd there is the instant lock setting which will lock the doors as soon as you turn the ignition on. in this setting though it will lock the doors where the driver door is open or closed. the 3rd setting is the rpm input setting, this works with the instant lock setting and the rpm base add-on. the rpm module will output a signal when the car reaches 1500rpm (~8-10mph) and then with the auto lock/unlock module in instant trigger mod will lock the doors.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
FGC President
Old 11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey guys....I wanted to resurrect my own thread (b/c I can damn it) to let everyone know that every single module that KP makes is on sale. Check out the thread on the FGC club forum for prices and information:

https://g35driver.com/forums/florida-g-club/74089-kptechnologies-shift-lights.html

Also...the sunroof and shift light module are officially ready for public release!!! And the shift lights come in more colors now...