Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Hyper Grounding Wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hyper Grounding Wires

I am interested in adding hyper grounding wires to my G, but have some basic questions and would appreciate anyone's input:
1. Does each wire actually replace a factory wire or are they installed in addition to existing wires?
2. A quick (very quick) look at the existing wiring looks like virtually all wires are wrapped in plastic duct and taped/strapped together. Does the hyper wire install require taking all of these apart for removal of existing grounding wires?
3. With automatic transmission, is the basic 5 wire kit worthwile? (I'm not really interested in any transmission/shifting improvement).
4. Why are some of the kits supplied as individual separate wires and others (Stillen, Nismo) multiple wires attached to the same connectors?
Thanks for your input!

Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CouperDouper
I am interested in adding hyper grounding wires to my G, but have some basic questions and would appreciate anyone's input:
1. Does each wire actually replace a factory wire or are they installed in addition to existing wires?
2. A quick (very quick) look at the existing wiring looks like virtually all wires are wrapped in plastic duct and taped/strapped together. Does the hyper wire install require taking all of these apart for removal of existing grounding wires?
3. With automatic transmission, is the basic 5 wire kit worthwile? (I'm not really interested in any transmission/shifting improvement).
4. Why are some of the kits supplied as individual separate wires and others (Stillen, Nismo) multiple wires attached to the same connectors?
Thanks for your input!
Answers to questions #1 and #3:

#1 They are installed in addition to the factory wires.

#3 A 5-wire kit will still be benefitial to your car. However, if you really want the full potential of a grounding kit, a 10-wire kit is the way to go. This includes wiring to the ECU and the tranny.