Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Infiniti G35 Performance Resistor chip 20hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35 Performance Resistor chip 20hp

I saw this item on Ebay Item number: 2425667448 I want to know what you think about it price is just $7.99
Here is the description
This auction is for the well-known performance Resistor Chip Timing Modification. This modification works on all fuel injected cars and trucks from 1988 to present. It fools your ECU (Electronic Control Unit) into thinking that the air coming into the intake is colder therefore causing it to advance the timing and letting out the fuel supply creating more horsepower. If you want a quick and easy horsepower boost, this is it. Very simple to install, instructions are included. No major tools or extra wiring needed. Does not void warranties, will not hurt your engine, and will not hurt your computer whatsoever. I have installed this myself in Less than 10 Minutes on my vehicle and it works, YES it does work!! This modification is for non-turbo vehicles only.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Infiniti G35 Performance Resistor chip 20hp

If it sounds too good to be true, bro, it probably is. Don't get sucked in.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-02-2003, 01:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can guarantee you, if a dealer finds out thats in your car you won't get warranty work done. Your clearly tampering with the ECU there.

My thought is this: There are engineers designing this car for maximum performance. Do you think if they could have got more horsepower by the addition of a part that cost a few dollars they would'nt have done it??

6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero

Old 08-02-2003, 04:06 AM

It probaly does work...but i guarentee you it will NOT help your engine at all....before I purchased my G35 sc I had a S2000. There were companies that made chips that fooled the ecu for that car, and if you know about the s2000 it is horrible when it gets hot, but I went to a local shop that deals with the S2000 ALOT (King Motorsports) and here is what they said....It works, but you are going to be running at a LOT higher temperature than the car should be, they said I would get the same results by putting in a lower temp thermostat, high pressure radiator cap, and a fan switch that turned the fan on sooner....I must admit I did get more power in the heat over stock....20hp worth? NO maybe 5hp or so and it cost me about 150 dollars and I had NO worries about warranty issues OR over heating my engine......so as the previous post said....if it sounds to good..........

Old 08-02-2003, 04:36 AM

Don't bother, that piece is worth pennies..........merely a resistor. Watch out for hoaxes and extreme claims.

Old 08-02-2003, 11:50 AM

I'm not worry about the price, I just want to know if they will give my car more power with no damage.

Old 08-02-2003, 02:32 PM

dyno the car with and without the resistor and tell us the results. as for warranty issues, if the part is easily removed and not detected when taken in for warranty/service work then how will they ever know?

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 08-02-2003, 09:17 PM

Back in the "wild west " era there were "Medicine men"
Now! opportunists trying to make a fast easy buck , Don't fall victim to this hoax!

Old 08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i concur with smcallis

the resistor will make the ECU think it is getting colder air for the first however long (hours to a couple days), then the ECU will adjust everything else and you are back to where you started.

Better Life thru Chemistry

Old 08-04-2003, 12:54 PM

Bingo. And if you look at his other items, you see the EXACT same thing for every car available. It'll claim to add up to 20hp from a Geo Metro to a Infiniti Q45. And remember the two key words here:UP TO. So in way it's not a total lie, it'll add from 0hp to 20hp. But I'd be willing to bet it'll add 0 hp at the most.

(aka Mr. Ryte on G20.net

Old 08-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Premier Member

It is obsurd to me that you guys actually think you can ad 20hp by adding a resistor chip. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get that for 8 bucks and NOT GOOD for your engine to trick it into doing anything. If this was true everyone and their mother would have an extra 20hp for 8 bucks. I can't even believe this "seller" guy. It upsets me.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 08-04-2003, 02:31 PM

idiots will buy it

-moooooo

Old 08-05-2003, 06:20 AM

It's a $0.15 resistor being sold for $7+ shipping. What a steal. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I doubt it does anything. Even if it did do what they're claiming, the G35's ECU is already pushing the engine close to the max on timing anyway. Advancing it any further could cause engine knocking. At that point, either A) the ECU will retard timing to prevent knock, effectively cancelling the resistor's attempt to advance it, or B) the knocking will continue and damage your engine.

Cheap way to void the warranty, if you ask me.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 AM
ok well to inform everyone a few years back i used to sell these on ebay for every car.. they costed me about 2 cents each and i sold them for um to 9$ shipping for 4$ and i put them in an envolope with a 30 cent stamp... yes it is a hoax i never even knew myself if it worked or not i myself bought one for my brothers car and stole the idea.. i unplugged my Intake sensor today, put one of the resistors i had laying around my house in to see if i can notice it in the G .. my car started up the rpm's jumped up and down and my car stalled.. now my check engine light is on... dont waste your time with this on a g35 i thought my car was going to explode.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35 Performance Resistor chip 20hp