FS/FT: Hydra EMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS/FT: Hydra EMS

Received this EMS as part of a used PowerLab kit I picked up over the weekend, however I have no plans on using this, because lack of familiarity with it, as well as a lack of tuners around here who use it.

I did some research on the EMS, and it seems to be used primarily in the SRT and WRX community. I could be wrong, but thats what I found during quick searches.

I did call some of the listed dealers off their website (www.hydraems.com) and two of the Nor Cal listed dealers no longer sell it; the third (finelineimports.com) says it isn't a bad ECU, outside of the fact that it doesn't maintain cruise control.

I called Gruppe-S (i'm in SoCal) and they report satisfaction with the unit. Reason it isn't as popular is because of the other established names available. If you're on the East Coast, VTR uses the Hydra Ems.

Thats what I was able to gather during some searches. I'm honestly just looking for an UpRev reflash for my build, for now. When I go to a built engine later on, I'll go to a full standalone at that time.

I'm selling this for $500 shipped, or a trade for an UpRev license. Included is a Hydra wideband o2 sensor for tuning, plug n play harness, and whatever else is included in the picture.

Attached Thumbnails FS/FT: Hydra EMS-photo-4-.jpg