Event Photos Various photos from car shows, meets and events.

Raging Bull Texas Stampede VII

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Raging Bull Texas Stampede VII

I just got back from the best weekend of driving I have ever had. As usual John (Young Turk) topped him self again. We had some of the best roads in Texas to drive the crap out of. We beat the Bull into submission. He is hurt and limping.

We started in San Marcos in a steady rain, it rained ALL DAY everywhere we went. Despite that, we still had a great time and everyone learned a lot about driving in the rain. We drove every twisty road we could find until we ended up in Kerrville for lunch at a very nice Italian Restaurant (the mussels were superb!) then we hit the road again (total of 280+ miles) and did some of the "Three Twisted Sisters" plus other roads and stopped in Leakey for the night at some real nice cabins right on the river.

Saturday it was up for breakfast at a local restaurant and a short drivers meeting and zoom! This was the day for major high speed sweepers. We had long roads with fast turns and we took full advantage of it. We stopped at Lake Amistad for a scenic overlook and a quick tour of the dam. We crossed the border many times that day. We drove even more great roads including one stretch of road was SO good we had to go back and run it AGAIN. We then stopped for the night in Del Rio (OMG the best NY strip I have ever had) and a little fun at a local night spot. Sunday was fun also. Great roads and and lunch in Bandera at a local BBQ joint. Including driving to San Marcos and back we covered over 1200 miles this weekend. What a great weekend. We had the best group ever, it was the safest most well run event yet. I hope to see everyone next year.

Registration Friday morning

Friday meet and greet

Drivers meeting

The Open Road!

At Amistad Dam

That's us!

Oh my!

Kangaroos! IN TEXAS?

Last edited by Texasscout; 01-18-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything you said. It was the best event I have ever had of all of them. And that Rib Eye was awesome! Will try to get some pics up myself when I get a moment.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, you would abuse your car more on the track than this.

Here are my pics...

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/11030...71528843_pCzRG