Motor Sports Ranch 3.1 (Sept 6&7)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If its on the 6th and 7th... does that mean we'd be driving both days or are certain groups setup for the 6th, then certain ones on the 7th? I'd probably be in the most novice class as I've only ran one event and it wasn't in the G.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sredish
If its on the 6th and 7th... does that mean we'd be driving both days or are certain groups setup for the 6th, then certain ones on the 7th? I'd probably be in the most novice class as I've only ran one event and it wasn't in the G.
Yes, you will be driving on both days. There are roughly 4-5 sessions each day for every group.

So it usually goes in an order like:
White
Green
Blue
Yellow
Red

White
Green
Blue
Yellow
Red

ETC for the rest of the day...(thats just an example order)

And there are class room sessions during some runs (ie Green group will go to class while Blue is on the track). And there is the usual break for lunch. AND usually right after lunch there is a Parade Lap(s) around the track for anyone (registered or not). So at the very least, if you dont get to register for this event, come check out the track (and say hello) for the parade lap.

So in summary, haha...Yes, every group will run on both days.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 AM
thanks for the information timsam. do you all bring passengers or not? sounds fun. i'll be double checking my calender to see if I can make it happen.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Man, I need to get retuned and do some track events...put my GREX BBK to good use.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by sredish
thanks for the information timsam. do you all bring passengers or not? sounds fun. i'll be double checking my calender to see if I can make it happen.
Sorry. TDE does not allow any passengers (besides the instructors) on the track.

You can bring a passenger TO the track, haha...they just have to sit in the paddock while you are on the track.

If you want to do the Sept 6 & 7 event, you wanna sign up quick. Im not sure how much it has already filled up.

Originally Posted by moog
Man, I need to get retuned and do some track events...put my GREX BBK to good use.
Do it quick Will! This should be a fun event.

Who all from here is going so far?
-timsam
-GWord256
-BeerViper?
-
-

Old 08-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TDE has revised there passenger rules and allow passengers in the RED run group. I've been bumped to Yellow last time at TWS, so sorry, can't ride with me.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Ah ok...didnt know that change. Cool...more riders if you find friends in the Red run group...AND they dont mind the extra weight. There are nice peeps out there, so it shouldnt be too hard to find.

But I am FAR from that...Im barely in Blue! Lets see where Rick puts me this time.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:22 PM
not making this one due to just getting back from vacation. when i was posting earlier in this thread, I thought it was still a couple weeks out but realized yesterday that it's next weekend. i just can swing it time-wise this quick after getting back. I'll hook up with you all at the next event Fo Shizzle!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GWord256
My Opinion:

Unless this is your 1st or 2nd track event (or you're squeamish about using the go fast pedal) it's time to upgrade to a BBK. Probably don't need to go as far as I did and order the biggest StopTeck kit they make but an upgrade to the Brembos off a Z is probably sufficient.
I already have OEM Brembo's ... but with Hawk HPS pads my old rotors didn't fare so well. All is good now that I've upgraded the pads and rotors

Old 08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Message from TDE:

"Hey DE drive team, “YOU”

We’re committed to run the 3.1 mile BIG TRACK on our Sept. 6 & 7 event.

We need your help, please pass the word we have room for all drivers in all run groups…. “at this time”

Have them sign-up today… www.thedriversedge.net

Bonus: Saturday Night Pizza Party after the track goes cold, join us for the fun and talk track with new friends.

Another Bonus, is PST garage sale of old inventory will be going on during the weekend.

See YOU at the track,

www.thedriversedge.net "

Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey timsam, I still haven't signed up since I've been on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Since I've never done a TDE event before, do you know if I'll automatically get stuck in the lowest group even if I've ran with Apex before?

Also, since this is a 2-day event does everyone go home after the first day and come back the next morning or do people usually stay at a hotel or something?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by BeerViper
Hey timsam, I still haven't signed up since I've been on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Since I've never done a TDE event before, do you know if I'll automatically get stuck in the lowest group even if I've ran with Apex before?

Also, since this is a 2-day event does everyone go home after the first day and come back the next morning or do people usually stay at a hotel or something?
I cant say for certain what group you'd be in, but I would assume, yes, for green. However, if you are more advanced, you will be bumped up to blue during the event.

But honestly I wouldnt worry too much at this event. With a 3.1 mile course, it will be hard to get stuck in traffic. There is going to be plenty of room to drive freely.

As far as hotels...I live way out East, so I get a hotel (motel 8 right off of the highway). A lot of the drivers stay there.
Before these gas prices, I would do the hotel Friday night and Saturday night. But Im only doing Saturday night for this event. So I will be leaving my house SUPER early to get there for the 7:30am drivers meeting.

If you live close enough to the track, I would suggest to save the money and just go home. I just cant do it Saturday night cause Im usually worn out, and just want to eat, shower and fall into bed. But if I lived closer, I would.

Im super excited and cant wait!

Got my front Wilwoods on, and I just got a Traqmate and cant wait to see what it can do.

-Tim

Old 08-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Hmmm, yeah I'm only 42 miles from MSR so I'd probably just save the cash and drive home in between. But I agree, I'm just exhausted after a day at the track and want to crash out ... it's amazing how much a track day takes out of you. It's like an 8 hour adrenaline rush with a few small breaks in between

I can't wait to see what comes out of that Traqmate, that things looks cool as hell! I need to get some sort of camera mount rigged up before my next event!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah it is. Ive been playing around with it already, and it is pretty sweet!

Aw man...I had a camera mount for sale that attaches to your seat's headrest. But its gone now. Im sure you can find something similar, or if you are handy, there is a guy on my350z that made one himself.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ or you can buy one here...which is what I will be doing before my event on the 27th

http://www.soloperformance.com/Cruis..._p_24-109.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motor Sports Ranch 3.1 (Sept 6&7)