Border Run Rally - Starting and Ending in DFW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Border Run Rally - Starting and Ending in DFW

A good friend of mine is organizing this. I did a pre-drive to check the instructions and gimmicks with him yesterday. It's going to be nothing short of awesome. Signup!

-----------
You’ve asked for it, now it’s here!

Border Run Rally

500 Miles
One Day
Awesome Roads
Unknown Adventures
Amazing Sites and Destinations

What is the Border Run Rally? The Border Run Rally is the first full-throttle DFW based gimmick rally. A gimmick rally is essentially a scavenger hunt where a driver and navigator must find their way to an unknown destination using clues along the way to guide them. The route is pre-defined and handed out at the beginning of the event. Along the route, there are clues to decipher in order to "win" the rally.

The Border Run Rally is a self-paced, non-timed, street legal gimmick rally. The rally is open to slow and fast drivers of cars and trucks of any type.

How can I participate in the fun? To participate, please register soon on the BorderRunRally.com website. Registration Link

Is the Border Run Rally only a drive? The Rally is an event which includes an opportunity to drive your car through the countryside seeing sites and scenery long-forgotten. In addition, Saturday evening after the rally will be filled with fun as the teams gather for awards, drinks, and dinner.

What does the registration fee cover? There is a registration fee to cover costs. The organizers of the event have covered thousands of miles choosing the route, selecting the gimmicks, and ensuring that fun will be had for drivers of all types. In addition, all participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt, participation award, snacks the day of the event, and appetizers at the evening event. In addition, prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. During the event you will be responsible for fuel, food, and drinks. In addition, the registration fee includes your 2011 calendar year membership to the Border Run Auto Club which will be hosting future tours (aka. drives), free to members.

What if I don’t want to drive all 500 miles? Join us anyways! You’ll be able to use a basic map or your in-car navigation to leave the route and join us for the evening event. You’ll be having so much fun, though, that you’ll want to drive it all.

WHO: You and a co-driver (2 people minimum per car for insurance reasons)
WHEN: August 20, 2011
WHERE: Departing AutoScope Park Cities

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!

For more information and to register, visit BorderRunRally.com!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:58 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
looks like fun!!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This sounds like a lot of fun, and im really considering it. Anyone know what the prizes are going to be?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by plainomega88
This sounds like a lot of fun, and im really considering it. Anyone know what the prizes are going to be?
I'm not sure exactly, but don't expect something like an exhaust system or other mods. You should fill out the contact form and ask Brian about them.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
If you want an idea what this rally will be like, it's similar to this. You'll see my G35 in this a few times. It's the most fun I've ever had with my car.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM
The organizer significantly lowered the registration fee! Here's his note:

I want to make sure that everyone has the chance to get introduced to the wonderful sport of gimmick rallying.

To help everyone out, I've lowered the registration fee to $50. This helps me cover just the basic costs of the rally with enough money for some awards and the photographer. All other expenses are on your own. Come learn what gimmick rallying is all about and get signed up today.

Border Run Rally

Come join the fun and experience the action that everyone is talking about. You can't get this much seat time and fun anywhere else for only $50. Don't miss out!

For those that have already sent in your registration money, I have issued a partial refund as of noon today.

The following users liked this post:
g35man04 (08-03-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
I Tossed this up in a sticky for you Trentor

Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
awesome. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
The Rally is this Saturday! Sign up. It's going to be epic!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:32 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
how did this end up going?? sorry I didnt make it..was at the Boardwalk Car show...my car isnt the best on gas mileage now

Old 08-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by g35man04
how did this end up going?? sorry I didnt make it..was at the Boardwalk Car show...my car isnt the best on gas mileage now
It was a ton of fun. Trust me, there were cars with worse mileage. That's part of the fun...planning your fuel stops so you don't run out of gas.

I'll make a second post with pics.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Pics are up at http://www.landrethphotography.com/C.../2011-BRR-500/.

Here are a few for those who don't like to click links...