The EX - Spot For General Discussion of The EX Crossover

Motor Trend First Drive: Infiniti EX35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
i love that interior color looks so rich and warm!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised people like the look of the maroon interior. To me it looks like the color in an 80's Buick. Ick.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElixXxeR
Please do not let leg room specifications confuse you. Those figures are measured with the front seats as far back in their travel as they will go. This makes comparing models completely useless, that's why you must sit in cars before judging interior volume by manufacturer figures. I assure you, the EX has SIGNIFICANTLY more legroom than the G37 (probably more than the G35 sedan as well).

we've had about 20 ex's come into our dealership already and i've had a chance to sit in one after adjusting the front seat to my liking. let me tell you, anyone over six feet will not be hapy back there. the fact that they had to back knee cutouts in the seatback say's enough on it's out. the rear seat is not a happy, comfortable place to be in.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jabu
we've had about 20 ex's come into our dealership already and i've had a chance to sit in one after adjusting the front seat to my liking. let me tell you, anyone over six feet will not be hapy back there. the fact that they had to back knee cutouts in the seatback say's enough on it's out. the rear seat is not a happy, comfortable place to be in.
Yah. Got to agree with jabu. Stopped by the local infiniti dealership here in Calgary and the back seat is only good for the short haul. I would not feel comfortable back there on any long commutes.

Interestingly, I was all for putting down a deposit on this before it arrived at the dealership but now I am just not feeling the exterior. Of course the dash is well done. I decided to test drive a 07 FX35 at another dealership and enjoyed it. Good room and the back seats recline. I left a message for the salesperson I last spoke to email me the price of the EX and if a loaded one approaches $50 K, then I might settle for a slightly used 06 or 07 FX35.

Last edited by uber-oakley; 01-12-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stopped by the dealership today to check out the EX35. I'll give Infiniti credit for both the exterior and interior - it's awesome across the board. Didn't bother testdriving the car because essentially it's a G35 wagon and I already know what it'll drive like.

The lack of backseat legroom and trunk space is a deal killer though. It's very ironic to have a compact SUV that is less practical than a 4 door sedan it's based on. I compared the two side by side and the G35 has more backseat room, and a more usable trunk than the EX. To make matters worse, the B pillar on the EX is pretty far back, making it very difficult to enter/exit the rear seats. The actual 'foot exit' space is merely 1/2 ft wide making it very hard to manuver my shoes in and out of them. Moving the front seats up all the way makes little difference as the distance between the B-pillars and the backseats are fixed.

So looks likes EX is out of the race for me unless it magically grows a foot over the weekend. I'd get a new G35 sedan over the EX35 at this point. Then again the new G35 sedan is not that much different from the 05..... so what's the point then?

Last edited by Sukairain; 01-17-2008 at 07:36 PM.