Exhaust-Vendor Includes Headers, Test Pipes, Y-Pipes, High Flow cats and Cat-back Systems

Fast Intentions HFC Pricing and Sign Up!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:33 AM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
i don't think that there are any hf cats that are carb legal...are there?
i agree, i didn't think so either until they claimed a carb cert in the other thread...

Old 07-11-2006, 01:44 AM
this is not a knock agains the FI test pipes...they actually look MUCH nicer than any of the other HF cats...and Rick is a good guy...I just don't want people to shy away from these cats because they are not OBDII legal...because the Crawfordz, Kinetix, and all the others are not legal either...

Old 07-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was some confusion on the other thread. They are not carb. approved.
As far as I know there is no aftermarket cat on the market that is. There is OBDII compliant replacment cats but they are extrely expensive. Upwards of 300-400 dollars just for the cat alone. But they are restrictive as a stock cat.

As far as the contents of the cat. They are a ceramic honeycomb style brick.
The brick is roughly 5-6 inches long encased in a stainless steel shell 4 inches in diameter. We use 2.5 mandrel bent tubing. Special sizes may be available upon request...Tony

Old 07-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Spelling correction, what i meant to say about the OBDII cats are that they are extremly expensive.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 AM
whats the deal here....first you guys do the test pipes then turn around and do this?! Are you just trying to milk us or what? ....no but in all seriousness, Since I have the resonated test pipes are these better than what I have or have any advantage over my setup and now I have to swap them out for these HF cats or am I good with what I have?

Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
this is not a knock agains the FI test pipes...they actually look MUCH nicer than any of the other HF cats...and Rick is a good guy...I just don't want people to shy away from these cats because they are not OBDII legal...because the Crawfordz, Kinetix, and all the others are not legal either...
We wont take it as a knock at all. Its fine I think what I just wrote might clear up a little confusion. Basically most of the HF cats on the market are very similar in performance. The draw back is the price, fitment issues and cleanliness. We have pride ourselves in building the best product that we are capable of, we do extensive R&D especially test fitting and we try to be competative in price.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Black Pearl
whats the deal here....first you guys do the test pipes then turn around and do this?! Are you just trying to milk us or what? ....no but in all seriousness, Since I have the resonated test pipes are these better than what I have or have any advantage over my setup and now I have to swap them out for these HF cats or am I good with what I have?
I sent oyu a PM!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Black Pearl
What you have makes more power. HANDS DOWN!!! Some people want different things, and we want to try and cater to as many people as we can.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:04 AM
test pipes are the least restrictive of all of them...you are ok with the test pipes.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Thats good to know..would have kind of sucked doing the whole set up and then have to turn around and do this

Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Remember all -

There are advantages and disadvantages to CATS. The main advantage is the no CEL issue and the 2nd will be the no fume issue. The CATS burn it all up.

TP's are the highest performing, as Tony mentioned, hands down. Everyone has their preference and we have to accommodate everyone as best as we can.

Rick

Old 07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Any idea how long they last? I heard the other high flows burn out and only pass the test the first year or so. Stocks have to last 5 years (and usually last much longer).
I only ask because here in California that can be a problem.

Oh..., also my exhaust is ready down there and I have to make an appointment for installation. Would be nice to have them install the cats too if I didn't have to worry about the tailpipe test in a couple years.

Sorry, just saw that this is the sign up post and you have another for questions (in case someone else has the same idea).

Last edited by mondo; 07-11-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hfc

Originally Posted by mondo
Any idea how long they last? I heard the other high flows burn out and only pass the test the first year or so. Stocks have to last 5 years (and usually last much longer).
I only ask because here in California that can be a problem.

Oh..., also my exhaust is ready down there and I have to make an appointment for installation. Would be nice to have them install the cats too if I didn't have to worry about the tailpipe test in a couple years.

Sorry, just saw that this is the sign up post and you have another for questions (in case someone else has the same idea).
It's not that they burn out after a year or so, it's the fact that they lose their efficency so they don't pass on the sniffer because they are not restrictive enough.(So I have been told!)

Old 07-15-2006, 03:06 PM
1. bwassul
2. Demonteverde
3. Sportcoupe35
4. Scoupe
5. 4DrSkyline
6. absolutgcs (i have lots of questions, but am reserving a spot)
7.G.Ride
8. flipmoder7
9.RebelinRI
10.jimgpark
11.leewoods18
12. Virge

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 07-15-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:23 PM
1. bwassul
2. Demonteverde
3. Sportcoupe35
4. Scoupe
5. 4DrSkyline
6. absolutgcs (i have lots of questions, but am reserving a spot)
7.G.Ride
8. flipmoder7
9.RebelinRI
10.jimgpark
11.leewoods18
12. Virge
13. banzaikid1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions HFC Pricing and Sign Up!!!