FS: Slickest G35 Trailer Hitch Ever. Ever. (Totally Stealth!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slickest G35 Trailer Hitch Ever. Ever. (Totally Stealth!)

OK guys, up for sale is (to my knowledge, and definitely, in my opinion) the slickest G35 coupe trailer hitch in existence. It stays completely concealed behind the license plate when not in use!! My fabricator friend and I built this hitch about two years ago using two plates of 3/8" steel and a Class II receiver. I used it for two years to haul motorcycles back and forth to the track. I have a 5'x8' trailer and I could tow a GSXR-600 and an SV650S loaded on it no problem (~800lbs + trailer weight). (That is, up until someone was kind enough to total my G35 Coupe for me in November. )

To build it, we drilled and bolted the two plates of steel on either side of the bumper and then used a plasma cutter to cut out the square hole for the receiver. The receiver was then welded in on the front and back side of the bumper. (This was necessary so that there were no steel to aluminum welds.) The bumper supports (which were originally only tack welded from the factory) had their seams reinforced. The hitch pin goes in from the back side of the bumper. (You have to get on the ground and look up behind the bumper to put it in, but on the up-side, it prevents people from stealing your ball mounts since they can't find how to detach it!)

Anyway, before the wrecker came to pick it up, I scarfed the hitch off the back of the car. I couldn't bear to let all of our hard work and ingenuity go to a scrap yard! Now I want someone else to put it to good use. Included is the bumper (Yes, the entire aluminum piece, the hitch is non-removable from it.), the two reinforced bumper supports (I don't know the exact name of these parts, but you can see them in the photos. They're what attach the bumper to the body of the car.), and a ball mount (also pictured.).

Asking $250/obo plus shipping. Everything together probably weighs about 35-40lbs and it'll be shipping from Greenville, SC 29607 if you'd like to check out shipping rates. Don't miss out on being able to have the slickest tow vehicle ever!

(Oh, and just FYI, the car was totalled from a side impact on the drivers side. The bumper is still perfectly straight.)

View from behind the bumper (sorry for crappy picture):

Closeup:

In fabrication:

Reinforced Bumper Supports:

Forgot this one at first...(also included, but not pictured is the ball mount.)

A few others in my Photobucket here:
http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/a...stinearnhardt/

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by DustinEarnhardt; 01-16-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added photo for forum rule compliance.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:56 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Per forum rules you must include a photo of your item with a handwritten note with your username and the date.

Please PM me once you have proper pics and I will open you thread so you can post them.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Posting fixed! Let me know if you're interested!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Sold!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
umm so if the license is off....isn't that sorta illegal?
I am not all legal on my car, but this just seems like you are asking for a ticket

Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tslider
umm so if the license is off....isn't that sorta illegal?
I am not all legal on my car, but this just seems like you are asking for a ticket
Nope! Because you would just slap your plate to the back of whatever your towing.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Or shove it in the rear window, which is what I typically did. Back in Virginia we were required to have plates on the trailers too.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM
I wish this was for the sedan

Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
Very nice, does it come with the Gixxer?

Looks quality, GLWS. If this could pull a 24' boat, I would be all over it.... until I accomplish that I will just stay friends with truck guys

Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't know about a 24' boat. I always treated it as a class 1 hitch (1500lb max) and didn't need to push it any further. The max I've towed with it was ~1300lbs but on average it was usually ~800.

Sold yesterday, Gixxer not included.