G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Exterior-Vendor (https://g35driver.com/forums/exterior-vendor-120/)
-   -   Satellite Radio Special! (https://g35driver.com/forums/exterior-vendor/79058-satellite-radio-special.html)

EverythingG35 12-23-2005 03:28 PM

Update: Sold out of XM Kits. I have a few Sirius ones left.

n1cK 12-23-2005 03:31 PM

tint

the only thing to watch out for with installing the antenna in the rear deck is tint. if you have a heavily tinted car, the reception can be slightly affected. it won't be affected by much, but it may cut out from time to time. on a maxima i used to have, the installer moved my antenna from the roof into the rear bumper, and although you couldn't see the huge ugly antenna, the it used to cut-out every now and then (but not as often as i thought it would).

Mike_Deezy 12-23-2005 04:20 PM

I just ordered mine, great price.

I have one question. I bought Sirius for Howard but I'm at work when he's on in the morning. If I was to get SAT for my desk at work, would my monthly fee be doubled? One for my car and one for my desk?

jtesensky 12-23-2005 04:36 PM

4 Sirius left...

n1cK 12-23-2005 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
I just ordered mine, great price.

I have one question. I bought Sirius for Howard but I'm at work when he's on in the morning. If I was to get SAT for my desk at work, would my monthly fee be doubled? One for my car and one for my desk?

no, it would not be doubled. there would be a monthly fee however, and i think it's $5.

spudly 12-24-2005 04:48 AM

One more Sirius gone

WhiteMikeG35 12-25-2005 10:26 AM

question

I want to order the sirius kit but i need to know something...is my car def. not prewired if the vin is below the stated numbers....it had premium package....doesnt that mean its pre-wired? please respond soon so i can know what i need to buy.

G35_TX 12-25-2005 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by n1cK
the only thing to watch out for with installing the antenna in the rear deck is tint. if you have a heavily tinted car, the reception can be slightly affected. it won't be affected by much, but it may cut out from time to time. on a maxima i used to have, the installer moved my antenna from the roof into the rear bumper, and although you couldn't see the huge ugly antenna, the it used to cut-out every now and then (but not as often as i thought it would).

It's not how dark the tint is. It is the amount of metal that is in the tint that will cause a reception problem.

G35_TX 12-25-2005 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteMikeG35
I want to order the sirius kit but i need to know something...is my car def. not prewired if the vin is below the stated numbers....it had premium package....doesnt that mean its pre-wired? please respond soon so i can know what i need to buy.

Hmmm how about details on your car itself? I would assume your car if you have premium has it prewired. If your car is a 04+ it should automatically be prewired with or without premium.

WhiteMikeG35 12-25-2005 05:50 PM

it is a 2003 6 spd coupe loaded w/ nav. i looked today at the bose amp....how apparent is the extra wire? i saw no obvious wire that would go into any sirius reveiver. is it staring you in the face, or is it in a wiring loom that is back there.....basically i would like to know if the car is prewired, is there an obvious thisg i should have seen?

PSUSith 12-26-2005 08:43 AM

I saw the kits are back upto $262...any chance the lower price is still available?

jtesensky 12-26-2005 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by PSUSith
I saw the kits are back upto $262...any chance the lower price is still available?

The XM Kits are all gone but we still have 4 of the Sirius units:

SIRIUSKIT

jtesensky 12-26-2005 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteMikeG35

Premium or not, if your VIN is BEFORE the stated numbers it is not pre-wired:

Sedan VIN: 321894 & higher
Coupe VIN: 210827 & higher
All 2004 and later cars are pre-wired from the factory.

jtesensky 12-26-2005 04:39 PM

One Sirius unit left!

EverythingG35 12-26-2005 04:54 PM

Update: Sold Out.