FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

G35 Detail Tips by Brad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 Detail Tips by Brad

Wow !.

First, I want to say Hi. Just joined up today after seeing a G35 beauty yesterday (it made me think there had to be a forum) - and I just spent a few minutes reading the tips above -

Very nice work. I have done up a 6 page how to guide for customers and new folk - it spends 4 pages on zaino application, but the first two cover a lot of what is up top as far as exterior wash and dry technique. The info above is very well done . . . and I think in the future - for some customers Im simply going to point them to this thread if they need more info -

cheers

1980 Camaro Z28
1997 Olds Aurora
* * Toronto Area Zaino Distributor * *

Old 12-13-2002, 05:20 PM

Homer2, you're a Toronto Area Zaino Distributor? Where are you located. The only ones I know are in Pickering and Guelph. Please provide info.

Old 12-13-2002, 06:09 PM

actually - i lived in Pickering - so it may be me you know.
i now live in oshawa - but work my day job in Toronto now - as of last week.

i still sell xaino - have low inventory for this timeof year - but may be able to steer you to a small shop or two that stock small amounts also . ..

sorry for the delay in responding, i am no longer working in the office (building) that houses this pc, which is my only access right now to the net, it required me to drop in on the way home for a few more weeks.s.s.s

dennis

1980 Camaro Z28
1997 Olds Aurora
* * Toronto Area Zaino Distributor * *

Old 02-04-2003, 02:51 PM

Good Lord! I just checked out the www.griotsgarage.com website, and WOW! I could not believe some of the ridiculous prices they charge for some products. Granted, if you're a "perfectionist," you'll obviously want the best products for your car. This, however, goes beyond that. Unreal. I don't think I would EVER pay 40.00 for a plastic bucket, and then another 13.00 for a lid, and 25.00 for wheels for it! I don't know who would pay that much for stuff like that. Just my .02 tho, maybe I just dont care about my car enough....?

Edit: I forgot to mention that your descriptions of all the car care procedures were really really helpful...I printed them off and I've been reading through them. Thanks a lot for the detailed descriptions; they'll definitely help me next time I clean my car.

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by rwjcp721 on 02/04/03 02:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Re: Wheels and Tires

One addition to your wheel cleaning procedure, which I didn't see mentioned, is to clean the inside of the wheel.

Since many of the wheels today are the open spoke variety, the inside of the wheel is highly visable but often doesn't get the same attention as the exterior portions. I can tell you, that once you've started to clean the insides, you'll never consider your wheels to be clean without doing it. It makes a huge difference!

For this I use a long handled foam Glass/Bottle washer (available in most housewares sections). Get one with the longest/thinest handle possible and the smallest head so it can navigate under and around the brake calipers. ( I actually find the best ones in those Dollar stores since they tend to be cheaply made, but ideal for the purpose) DO NOT use metal shaft bottle brushes, they'll leave scratches!

Thoroughly pressure spray the inside of the wheel with a hose to flush away any lose dirt, dust, and grit. Then, using your favorite wheel cleaner, spray the inside of the rim starting from the top and working down. After the prescribed wait time, stick the bottle washer through the wheel opens and begin to scrub to loosen the dirt and dust. Then pressure rinse the inside to assure all the cleaner has been washed away. Be sure to rinse the bottle washer frequently, as tar and grit will most defintitely accumulate on it. Depending on how often you clean the insides, you may be required to do multiple passes to get them totally clean. Myself, I do it everytime as it makes that much of a difference!

Additionally, since at some point tar will get on the inside that can't be be removed with normal cleaning procedures, once a year I take all the wheels off and give them a thorough cleaning from the back using the appropriate solvents.

Following these procedures will assure your wheels will have a factory fresh look for the life of the car!