FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Lip spoiler install tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lip spoiler install tips

The spoiler is NOT hard to install. Cut out templates. The small template locates the screw holes for the center most holes. The large template is for the side screw holes. Starting on drivers side, line up the template with the bottom edge of the front bumper and the edge of the mesh grille. Use scotch tape to hold it on. Have the lip spoiler on the ground under the car for quick easy reference.
Once you have the drivers side templates positioned, pick up the spoiler to check for a rough alignment. Hook the edge of the spoiler lip inside the fenderwell and line up with templates. It will look like the holes are about 1/2" from lining up. Don't worry, that is about right. I made my holes "slightly" eliptical. Drill drivers side hole located by the bigger template. Then hook lip on fenderwell again and you will have to stretch the lip so stud will go into hole. Using the same procedure, drill the center-drivers side hole. Stretch lip again so 2nd stud will go in.
Remove templates (careful, they tear easy) and reposition on pass side of bumper. Drill the pass-center hole next.

The install seems hard at first glance, but once you get templates placed and hold spoiler up, it becomes quite easy. It will appear that the holes won't 100% line up. They don't, but you have to stretch the spoiler AND be smart about where you drill. The templates basically give you the basic area to drill. You may have to deviate about 1/4" or make yours holes eliptical. The lip will hide any mistakes.

It took me about 1 hour to install, but I went slooow. If I had to do it again, I could do it in about 1/2 hour.

I removed the chrome grille to install the center most nuts, and went thru the wheel wells for the side nuts.

Go for it, it is really a breeze!

BillR