What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
What would you have done?

Unbelievable!

Of all the times I that I wish I had my phone on me...

I was taking out the trash and on my way back to my apartment I saw it...Three kids playing next to a black Saturn. One of the kids picks up a piece of wood from the nearby mulch and starts scratching away on the Saturn's hood Unbelievable! The three of them were no more than 11 years old! I catch him in the act and they all turn away as if nothing happened hoping I didn't notice. The kid who scratched the hood hid the piece of wood to his chest hoping I didn't see it was him who did that...but I did...oh boy I did...I stand still and look at all of them and give them the "i'm sooo gonna f*cking kill you stare." They see me looking and start slowly walking away. The kid who committed the deed throws the piece of wood into the street. I follow them while saying nothing, picking up the piece of wood that the the boy threw. They see me following them and walking turns to running as they try to sprint away and lose me among the apartment buildings. I'm thinking to myself, "who the heck do these kids think they are? I wasn't born yesterday." I catch up to them in no time, yell at the kid who scratched the saturn to stop. He freezes. One of his friends takes off while the other hides around the corner. I stand in front of the kid and look him dead in the eye. I ask him:

"Why did you run?"
I don't know.
"Do you know who owns that car back there? Why did you f*cking scratch the hood with this wood and run off?!? You think I didn't see you? You think thats f*cking cool? You know how much it cost to fix that? Do you have $500 bucks? Do you think you're mom's would like to pay for what you did?"

I was so livid. The kid was scared ****less and was pretty much stuttering out excuses. I had him standing there for a good twenty minutes yelling in his face. His friends had abandoned him. But I was helpless. He was very young (probably around 11 years old) so I was very careful NOT to lay a finger on him when in truth I wanted to pummel him into the ground. I couldn't hold him where he was and make him stay against his will and I didn't have my phone on me so I couldn't take a picture of his face or call the police. I couldn't possibly tell him to stay put while I get my phone to call the cops on him. He would have split by then. There was no one around. I got his full name and address (his parents weren't home? nobody answered?) and I had to let him go after warning him

I wan'st about to knock on every door to find out who the owner of that car was so I left a note on the scratched saturn in case the owner wanted to get in touch with me.

If you were in my position what would you have done? What could I have done that I didn't do?

I'm just so heated after this incident. And I just couldn't believe how young the kid was!

Last edited by Demonteverde; 03-14-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You screamed the F word at an 11 year old? Is this really you Ian?

Honestly I would have bounced a ball off his head until he cried like a little girl.

But seriously, I would have duct taped him to the front door of his house, went and got my camera, took a picture of the car, and taped it to his forehead and shoved the stick in his mouth. Then write a note to his parents explaining what happened and sign my name "Sean Gilley".

Old 03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Chucky
You screamed the F word at an 11 year old? Is this really you Ian?
Yep, that's all I could do without getting in trouble with the law. I really wanted to trounce the little punk though real bad.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 PM
hm... well i would also have chased them down, yelled at him as well and would have gotten information from him.. i doubt 11 year olds are smart enough to give fake info? then just give it to the saturn...
if it was my car on the other hand, i would have chased them down and beat them with the wooden stick probably

Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah I think you did the right thing, but another thing is waited until his parents got home and explain the situation to them. And make sure the car owner would get his hood fix. but at that point its between the car owner and the parents.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
man this post didnt start with has anyone i was totally thrown off

Old 03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I would have made them walk back with me and knock on every door till he found the owner. Then let the owner deal with it.

If you couldnt find the owner. I would refer to Chucks post.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:20 PM
FGC general member

i think you did the right thing taking down the info and especially not laying a hand on the kid
vandalism at such an early age..completely ridiculous

now its up to the owner to get in touch with the kid and his parents

Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you did pretty much all you could have done. It really sucks to come back to your car to see somebody vandalized it, speaking from experience . I hope that kid didn't F with you about the info else the owner's pretty much SOL....

Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I no doubt would of screamed at him "follow me now!" u said he was scared ****less, I'm sure he wudnt dare try running away from u, jst let him follow u, he wudnt kno if ur going to elbow him or not and doesn't kno the law either so I'm sure that wud of worked

Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
nice work ian. think you did the best you could.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
In the best of the circumstances Ian, you did what you had to do. Honestly I probably would've done the same thing. Resorting to violence is not the answer to all problems, but oh can we all imagine...

Old 03-14-2007, 04:36 AM
I think you did an excellent job on two parts. First, how many people would have even stopped and said something to the kids let alone chase them down? Second, how many people would have taken time to lecture the kid? The kid probably does not get any attention and direction at home and that is why he is impulsive and attention seeking. Don't know if you did, but you could have asked him what his favorite car is and then ask him if he worked really hard to buy it how would he feel if some one did that to his car. But then you never know it could have been his stepdad's car who beats his mother????

Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You're such a d1ck, Chuck.

Nice job, Ian. I guess you don't have your phone with you a lot. You should carry it more.

Now, just home they don't get your car next.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Thats why I was so enraged because I had my car scratched on my rear bumper and front hood not too long ago. When I saw the kid do what he did, I kept thinking "maybe it was this kid that vandalized my car" But I couldn't prove it and I'll probably never know.

I don't think the kid knows where I live or what car I drive. Regardless, I park in a different spot now...far away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.