Miami Kendall Detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami Kendall Detailing

Hey folks, I'm a auto detailer in the Miami-Kendall area. To be more specific, I'm near Miami-Dade College South campus near Killian High.

I have been a detailing enthusiast for 5 years now with over 2000 post on detailcity.org and many on autopia.org. I have contributed tons of information and can honestly say I learned from the best.

Just recently in the past few months I have been dedicating a lot more time into detailing and have really become more passionate about doing this more than just a weekend gig.

I have a lot of experience with many different products and cars and can truthfully say that there "is no alternative product or tool that can replace trial and error". I am FULLY skilled in using a rotory polisher and guarantee swirl-free and hologram free polishing without the use of glazes or oils to mask defects. As n you will see in the picstures below, all my work is then fully evaluated under the bright MIAMI sun to make sure the paint is jeweled to perfection without any trace of a machine buffer.

I drive a 2007 BMW 335i in Montego Blue and registered to this forum last year when I was debating about buying a 335i. I have detailed a few E90post.com member's cars and have decided not to limit myself to the just the 3 series BMW, but also to its fair competitors.

Because of my unique work schedule I am able to detail cars 7 days a week, granted you give me 24 hours notice.

Here are a few pics of my work along with my work space.

This is my car a few weeks after I took delivery february of 2007. It was freshly detailed in this picture and was sealed using Zaino Sealant.

This is my garage I work out of. It has all my necessary tools and products along with worklights to spot all imperfections. A bit messy but well put to give me the ideal enviroment to detail.

These are few highlights of my most recent work.

In the shade and away from the sun, the car already looked great.

On the other hand when in the sun it just looked horrible.

This car needed some polishing, and lots of it. First things fist of course was claying the paint. This is my claybar after only half the roof.

After the car was compeltely clayed I began polishing. It took me a few different options of pads, speed, and products, but I ended up using Hi-Temp Extreme Cut Leveler compount mixed with Optimum Polish on a Lake County Light Cutting pad @ 1500rpms via Makita 9227 rotory.

Unfortunately this only took care of about 85% of the defects and this being the owners new car, I was NOT comfortable removing any more paint. Atleast not without a Paint Thickness Guage (which are expensive) or the customer's consent. Normally that compound/polish combo is MORE than enough to remove defects.

After the defects were removed I had to repolish the entire car with a lighter polish to remove hazing and holograms left behind by the compound mix. For this I went with Menzerna PO106ff with a Grey Finishing pad @ 1200rpms.

After the paint was polished and ready for protection I began removing the wheels to begin sealing the insides and out with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. I could have gone with a more durable product but the initial slickness of this product is good and last for atleast 8 weeks. I'm sure the wheels will get hit with some sort of wheel cleaner before the Wheel Sealant even wears off.

Wheelwells were cleaned and dressed with Meguiar's HyperDressing 4:1 and wiped down with a terry towel.

Engine bay was cleaned and dressed with Meguiar's HyperDressing 4:1 aswell.

After all the exterior was fixed up and the interior vac'd and wiped down I applied Zaino Z5. I really would have preferred a different product but
Zaino Z5 is a safe bet when it comes to customer's satisfaction.

Before

The client also had a sever scratch which he wanted removed. Scratch was wetsanded with 3M 2000grit paper followed by Extreme Cut Leveler via yellow pad @ 1500rpms.

Afters

Meguiars ColorX on the door jams.

I have many more picstures and many references so PLEASE, if you're in the Miami area and want to fix up your "G", let me know. I can promise nothing but quality work and decent prices.

Joy
joyriide1113@hotmail.com

Last edited by Joyriide1113; 01-13-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
sounds good brother can you pm me a price

Old 01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like some awesome work!!! I just recently started up trying to get some detailing done over here in the panhandle.. I might have some ???'s for you, since it looks like you're a couple of years ahead of me..

Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoa man sounds good bro, and looks good. Can you pm me a price also?

Old 01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
ninja post

Last edited by Joyriide1113; 03-16-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be in touch. I want an eval for a top tier package.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Easein2itG
I'll be in touch. I want an eval for a top tier package.

No problem. You won't be dissappointed.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Before

During

After

(His right front fender was repainted, explaining the distortion)

Old 01-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMAZING work, i had both my cars done yesterday and today.....patient, and spends his time doing it RIGHT. I need to take pics to show off his work because i dont think the car has ever been so nice and shiny. I definately recommend Joy as a detailer to anyone of my friends, in fact i think my mom wants to get her car done now also!

It was amazing walking out, standing next to the door, and seeing everything around me.....the freaking car has a mirror finish.

Amazing job bro - your work really is top of the line.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
definately interested but no water goes in my engine bay cuz the boost so do you think you'll still be able to turn out a job as clean as that with paint brushes and stuff to get hard to reach places?

Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
i'm looking and all i can say is wow.. this kat does nice work.. i might have to let him touch mine up.. (i'm gonna wait to i get my rims though)

Old 01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by CleanGThree5
definately interested but no water goes in my engine bay cuz the boost so do you think you'll still be able to turn out a job as clean as that with paint brushes and stuff to get hard to reach places?
Yes. Instead of a hose, I'd use a chemical sprayer. The pressure from that is like what you can squirt from your mouth and its low volume. I'd take me longer, but I could do it... I'm custom, you tell me what, and I do it. Its your car.

I've had customers where I go to their house and they have all the products THEY want me to use, this is no different.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
happy to sponsor a detailing bay in Orlando at my garage if you want to come up here for a week. I am sure since John from Perfection retired you would have a LOT of customers. Of course you gotta detail my car

Old 01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
PM Sent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Miami Kendall Detailing