Orlando People

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sen I was there at Friday's with you guys. I sat at the table with Veronica.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:47 PM
I set my appointment with Karim for next week. I will post before and after pics when I have them.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SoxUcf
I set my appointment with Karim for next week. I will post before and after pics when I have them.
Perfect, post up pics of swirls and what that you may have since you have a black car also.

If you can please post up after pics after a few days, my car looked good for like 2-3 days after this one guy detailed it.
It look like **** again with the swirls after a few days because he just used fillers to hide the swirls, once the fillers wore off all the swirls were back!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I will try to get some good close ups. I have some small oxidation spots and some swirls. It was a 24 month commercial lease vehicle so I highly doubt the person ever had it waxed.

He said it will probably take 5-6 hours to do everything so my guess means we are talking better than fillers . I'll post the before and after right when it is done then like a week later.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I will try to get some good close ups. I have some small oxidation spots and some swirls. It was a 24 month commercial lease vehicle so I highly doubt the person ever had it waxed.

He said it will probably take 5-6 hours to do everything so my guess means we are talking better than fillers . I'll post the before and after right when it is done then like a week later.
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it.

When are you getting it done and if you don't mind me asking how much is he charging you?

Thanks again!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
I am getting it done this coming Tuesday. He said he would have to look at the car before he gives me an exact price. Sounds like he charges based off the amount of hours he needs to do the job. Sounds like it will be 200-230 bucks, but I would ask him b/c I think he charges based off the specifics of each job. If the results are permanent then it will definitely be worth it. I hear about a lot of people spending 160-200 at the bigger detail shops and the swirls come back like you said b/c they didn't use the right chemicals.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Alright, got the job down today. Karim's did a great job. He is sending me before and after pics that he took. I will post them when he sends them. I went to the beach over the weekend and between the salt and the rain we just got, a before pic from me wouldn't have shown anything. Here is a full car pic and an up close of the hood that still has issues. Apparently the previous owner let the car sit under a giant birds nest where it got crapped on or something. I was able to negotiate a good price when I bought the car b/c of the spots that looked like oxidation. Long story short I will need a wet-sand if I want this stuff to come all the way out. Karim told me upfront it wasn't going to come out with what he was doing.

For what you are looking for this will do the job. If you have the swirls I had then getting this job done once or twice will take care of it. My swirls are gone now (it is day 1 though). The car has a soft glide to the paint and water is rolling off. My advice is to call Karim and bring your car by and get a quote and some feedback from him. He knows his stuff and seems to use only the best products. I will update again in a week or two.

Attached Thumbnails Orlando People-g.jpg   Orlando People-img_2459.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Swirls are really hard to remove, specially when you consider we have one of the softest paints out there. Nevermind black... its a bitch!!! For the swirls/holograms you really need the right pad (minimal cut) and the right polish, (again w minimal cut) For them to disapear completely its going to be hard considering the aftercare, Floridas weather/sun and such... Again black paint its very though to maintain, and personally i have used glaze (Poorboys Black Hole or ClearKote Red Moose, both for dark colored cars) to help with the swirlmarks and holograms.

BTW im no pro, dont do this for a living so take it with a grain of salt, I just love working on my car and i try to do all the polishing/waxing myself. Mine atm its on serious need of a polish/waxing, hopefully will be set this Saturday. Just ordered some Poorboys Blackhole with a new finishing pad/backing, still have some Menzerna left around + some S100, HIGHLY recommend this combo for those with OB G's. I think theres a (very) old pic around using that same combo, will post it if i can find it.

*Found some*

Attached Thumbnails Orlando People-100_1156.jpg   Orlando People-100_1157.jpg  

Last edited by driguez; 03-24-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Alright, got the job down today. Karim's did a great job. He is sending me before and after pics that he took. I will post them when he sends them. I went to the beach over the weekend and between the salt and the rain we just got, a before pic from me wouldn't have shown anything. Here is a full car pic and an up close of the hood that still has issues. Apparently the previous owner let the car sit under a giant birds nest where it got crapped on or something. I was able to negotiate a good price when I bought the car b/c of the spots that looked like oxidation. Long story short I will need a wet-sand if I want this stuff to come all the way out. Karim told me upfront it wasn't going to come out with what he was doing.

For what you are looking for this will do the job. If you have the swirls I had then getting this job done once or twice will take care of it. My swirls are gone now (it is day 1 though). The car has a soft glide to the paint and water is rolling off. My advice is to call Karim and bring your car by and get a quote and some feedback from him. He knows his stuff and seems to use only the best products. I will update again in a week or two.
Thanks for the update man!

I want to see how your car ends up in a week or two. When I get the chance I will snap some pics of the swirls on my car and you can tell me how bad your swirls were. Or I guess I will be able to tell once you post up your before and after pics.

BTW how much did he charge if you don't mind me asking. You can PM me it if you want.

Thanks again for the update, I'm looking forward to the before and after pics!