Membership has its privileges ;) New Car Purchase Program - Discount for FGC Members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Membership has its privileges ;) New Car Purchase Program - Discount for FGC Members

Below please find the revised Lokey Infiniti – Florida G35 Club Vehicle Purchase Program.

Our overall feeling is that the VPP has been a positive program for both the Club and Lokey Infiniti. We feel that the very aggressive pricing offered to Club Members has been especially beneficial to the Club, as I am sure you will agree. Being able to walk into a dealer, and purchase a newly-released 2005 6MT Coupe for just over invoice has been very well-received by Club Members. Several people joined the Club solely to take advantage of the VPP due to its extremely deep discount, and this has helped the Club to jump-start its membership roster.

When Lokey Infiniti first got involved with the Club, it was merely an idea held by a few dedicated G35 enthusiasts. The club needed a major sponsor in order to bring recognition to it and to entice people to commit both their money and time to the cause. Lokey Infiniti happily stepped in and offered our support. Since announcing the VPP offer, the Club’s membership has grown from 33 members to 116 members. The FGC has had 2 major All Florida Meets (one held here at our dealership where the lot was cleared for Members to show their cars and we provided lunch and a satellite radio raffle prize for the Club), numerous monthly meets, member mod install days, window tint parties, dyno days, 1/4 mile meets at the drag strip, group dealership trips to Lokey for mods and maintenance, new sponsorships, club business cards, and so much more. In short, this club has grown quite quickly from a fledgling group of car enthusiasts to a legitimate club, complete with officers, bylaws, insurance policies and a corporate status. Both Club staff and Lokey Infiniti feel that the VPP has been an integral part of this growth.

I am unsure of the exact number of vehicles sold through the VPP to date, but I believe that number to be at least 12. As you are already aware, the G35 Coupe is an excellent seller for Infiniti dealers and large discounts on these vehicles are very difficult, if not impossible to attain. Lokey and many other dealers do not have difficulty selling these cars for MSRP. In fact, many VPP customers have shared stories with us about their inability to find another dealer to come close to our offer. With that being said, Lokey has given up roughly $40,000 in profit for the vehicles we have sold to Club Members through the VPP, all to help support your Club.

The time has come to revise this program, so that it is fair and viable both to our potential customers and the dealership that gladly supports the FGC. The Lokey Infiniti – FGC VPP has been amended to $1000 over invoice. When compared to any other program out there, the Lokey VPP has easily beaten any and all "walk-in, no questions asked" programs. Club Members were able to come into Lokey the day the 2005 6MT models became available and purchase one for thousands less than anywhere else, when every other dealer was selling these cars for full sticker price. Again, when compared to other purchase programs, the FGC-VPP will still be the deal to beat. Shipping a car from an out-of-state dealer to Florida is usually at least $1000, so to beat our VPP another dealer would have to sell at invoice with no other fees.

As you know, Lokey Infiniti and I have been extremely supportive of the FGC since Day One. Mr. Lokey and the rest of our staff truly enjoy the relationship that we have with the Florida G35 Club, as evidenced by our in-depth and continual involvement. I truly feel that this new VPP is fair to both the Club AND our dealership. We are very happy to be able to offer such a special benefit to the members of the FGC, and hope that it continues to be appreciated. Your Club has been able to offer potential members a very exciting benefit found nowhere else, for which Lokey has happily participated in financially. This new deal will still allow the Club to offer the best deal of its kind anywhere, and allow Lokey Infiniti the opportunity to lower our expense on VPP deals.

Effective immediately, any Charter Member or Premier Member of the Florida G35 Car Club who is a FLORIDA RESIDENT is eligible for special MEMBER'S ONLY PRICING on any new Infiniti! Specifically, the purchase price for these members shall be $1000 over factory invoice PERIOD, with no other fees!

The special pricing that an eligible Club Member receives here at Lokey Infiniti is $1000 over factory invoice, plus of course Florida Sales Tax. There is a Retail Delivery Fee of $499 and an Electronic Filing Fee of $17 that is charged on every new vehicle purchase. The Retail Delivery Fee is a common practice shared by virtually every car dealer. Florida Law regulates this fee and mandates that a dealer who charges it to anyone must charge it to every customer, without exception. Therefore, Lokey Infiniti would be in violation of the law if we made exceptions to this fee for Club Members. The Electronic Filing Fee of $17 covers the expense of electronically filing title and registration information with the State.

Therefore, $1000 over factory invoice will be the final price of the vehicle, plus taxes, and includes the fees we need to collect that were mentioned above. The Retail Order For A Motor Vehicle will show the vehicle’s cost actually at $500 over factory invoice, and a flat $500 will be added to cover the mandated fee. This will make the purchase price truly $1000 over factory invoice with no additional fees.

Of course, this offer may be subject to limitations in rare situations where there may be an initial period of limited product availability, such as with the all-new M35 and M45.

As you all know, I am NOT in the sales end of this business. I went to bat for the group to make this happen, and had to convince others that this group is serious and represents a great potential customer base for the dealership. Of course, this is in return for our support of YOUR car club.

We truly feel that $1000 over invoice on a new, in-demand car WITH NO HAGGLING REQUIRED and NO ADDITIONAL FEES is a great thing. You can walk into our dealer as a member of this car club and totally bypass the time-consuming process of "getting where you need to be". At the same time, by "laying our cards on the table", Lokey Infiniti has no protection from someone getting our price and then finding someone to beat it. Any dealer can "make it happen" when they know what they need to beat- just remember that we are giving you the consideration simply because you are a part of this club. Also, please remember the support we provide your club. The idea is that by supporting all of you and your hobby that you will in turn support us.

We are very proud to be able to offer this special value to the members of your club and genuinely feel that someone can both achieve a fair deal for themselves and help their club at the same time.

NOTE: To take advantage of this program, you will need to contact me first so that I can notify the sales department of your membership status and eligibility. If you just walk into the dealer, no one will know that you qualify for this deal. This program is something that only management can approve. THIS OFFER IS NOT VALID IF NOT MENTIONED DURING YOUR INITIAL VISIT WITH YOUR SALESPERSON!

And for you not-so-local Floridians, Lokey Infiniti can deliver your new car to you!

Enjoy!

Last edited by LokeyInfiniti; 06-17-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:21 PM
For those of you that were thinking about purchasing a G35 (or any Infiniti model), I highly recommend Lokey Infiniti of Clearwater, Florida. Their business/customer service is truly unmatched. I wanted to share my experience in regards to the Florida G35 Club Vehicle Purchase Program (FGC VPP) through Lokey Infiniti.

I have worked hard to be in the position to purchase an Infiniti, and purchasing the G35 Coupe was going to be a reward to myself. Being a first time new car buyer who’s under the average Infiniti owner I thought that I was initially at a disadvantage. To compensate, I started to research anything and everything I could find in regards to purchasing a vehicle. Between high financing rates, aggressive dealerships, internet quotes, “fair” purchase price, etc…etc…etc, my “reward” had soon became a headache. I wanted this car, but I was not going to be “suckered into a deal”. Obviously pricing was a big issue; however, I quickly learned that the “best price” did not necessarily mean it was the “best deal”.

When I say the “best deal”, I mean the best buying experience from the initial contact to when you drive off the lot. Before dealing with Lokey, I tried to go with 3 other dealerships. Without going into much detail I’ve summarized each “experience”:

1. Contacted Internet Sales Rep. Did not show much interest in dealing with me. Gave me a “quote”, take it or leave it…I left.
2. Contacted Internet Sales Rep. Great e-mail communication. E-mails were courteous and straight to the point, given a “fair” offer. Liked the sales rep, and felt I was given a price I was willing to pay. Finally spoke with rep…was rude and I felt disrespected. Bad experience, no purchase.
3. Contacted Internet Sales Rep. Simple e-mails, could not tell what the rep/dealership was like. Would not give me real answers, just insisted that we speak. Finally spoke with rep and convinced me to “visit” the dealership. Terrible experience, no purchase.

I felt that I was not getting the “best deal” from any of these 3 dealerships. I was willing to take a “higher than average price”, but I wanted to be treated with respect. I justified my reasoning was, “How can I give someone $35,000-$40,000 if they made me feel uncomfortable. I worked hard to earn my money, why can’t they do the same?” As much as I wanted the car, I was not going to let any dealer take advantage of me.

Here is where Lokey comes in. Initially, I was not sure what to expect, but Lokey Infiniti has far surpassed any dealership (and I am not limiting the dealerships to just Infiniti). I first contacted John Oliva (with the help of Neffster and FGC). We exchanged a couple of e-mails, PM’s, and we played a little phone tag. I was afraid that John was not going to take me seriously, because I was sure that he was getting multiple requests a day that ended in no purchases.
To my surprise John was extremely friendly and, for the first time, I felt comfortable about purchasing a vehicle. After verifying my membership with the Florida G35 Club, he explained how the Lokey Purchase Programmed worked, and referred to Marc Sexton. John Oliva is not a sales person, he is actually the Service Director for Lokey Infiniti. John assured me, that if there were any issues, I should go to him and he would do his best to help. This could have easily been an “empty promise”; however his words were sincere and encouraging. Later that day, Marc Sexton contacted me. I told him what car I was looking for a G35 Coupe/Laser Red/AT/Premium Package. They already had this particular car, but I told him I was not quite ready to purchase because I needed to get my financing together. I was a bit timid telling him this because I did not want him to think I was not serious and was wasting his time, but I was serious. I had no reason to be scared because his response was “No problem, call me when you’re ready”. He literally placed the “ball in my court”. No pressure, no games. After that it took me a couple of weeks to get my financing together, but when I was finally ready to purchase, Marc simply picked up where we left off. I was extremely excited, but at the same time worried about “hidden fees” and “additional costs”. I questioned the “VPP” discount and wanted to know the actual Out the Door Price. He simply stated, “Invoice + VPP cost + tax + tag/title”…and this is EXACTLY what I paid. “No frills, no games”.

I live in Orlando, Florida and had planned on leaving work early to make the trip to Clearwater (average 2.5 hour drive). I arranged with Marc to pick up my car on Friday (February 11, 2005) around 5:00 pm. To make a long story short: I left work much later than I anticipated, got stuck in severe traffic, and finally arrived at Lokey Infiniti some time after 8:00 P.M. By the time I arrived, the dealership was already closed (Lokey closes at 7:00 pm), and Marc was the only person (with the exception of the cleaning lady and the on-site security guard) left at the dealership. He was not upset, nor did he make me feel uncomfortable. I was greeted with a friendly smile and a hand shake and I was very impressed with the way he handled everything. Although it was already late and the paperwork was basically ready to be signed, he still took the time to explain things and answer any questions. Not once did I feel rushed or pressured to do anything. As I drove off the Lokey dealership, I was excited. I finally got EVERYTHING I wanted...Florida G35 Club and Lokey Infiniti of Clearwater, Florida gave me the “best deal” and “the best price” of any other dealership that I contacted.

John Oliva, Marc Sexton, Lokey Infiniti, Neffster, the FGC, and to all those that made my dream come true…Thank You. I thank you for my car, your time and effort, and most importantly…a great experience.

Sincerely,
Wally Arojado

Last edited by neffster; 06-18-2005 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Edited to correspond with current Lokey FGC-VPP offer
Old 07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Omi
Charter Monkey Florida G35 club
Talking Buying Experience at Lokey - hands down the best there is!!

I have to tell you that I echo the above sentiments wholeheartedly. If anyone is looking for a new Infiniti, don't even think of going anywhere else other than Lokey Infiniti. After taking my G in for service one day, I spoke with John Oliva and we went out to look at the M. Needless to say, that gave me a lot to think about. After much thought (and reading all I could about the M), I called John back saying that I was ready to sit down and talk about the car. John introduced me to Marc Sexton to start the process. And I have to say this was hands down, the absolute best sales process I have ever been through (and I have been in sales for 10 years, so I have seen good and bad processes through my years)! Marc explained everything about the car and what all of my options were. All myths were dispelled, which I very much appreciated (since there are quite a bit out there from people guessing at what the car does). No pressure, no games! I was able to really take stock of all the M had to offer in order to make my best decision.
After a drive, decision was made. Color and options were chosen and Marc procured the exact color option car I wanted (and I had a couple choices that I liked, but I got the one I really wanted). It was not readily available, so a trade was made with a far away dealer to get the vehicle for me. I have talked to other people buying cars and what you would get in this instance is "this is the car we can get". I know this is how this works with the cars that move and are popular, since no dealer wants to give up any allocation of cars they have. So knowing this, it made the deal that much sweeter! I picked my car up during my lunch hour and Marc had the business manager Charles, run through all of my paperwork and signatures. I was in and out of there in no time and everything was done extremely well. No hidden fees or any other numerical changes. All was exactly as Marc and I agreed on; a very pleasant process! Marc then helped me get both cars home instead of having to wait to go back to retrieve a car later in the day! Front door delivery is something that is not even heard of in this day and age for a car.
I have to say a very heartfelt thanks to Marc, John, Charles and the crew of Lokey!! An absolutely first rate, great experience in buying a car!!

Thanks!
Omi

Old 10-01-2005, 08:51 AM
"Niana Westerling,
Yes thank you Ms. Westerling, i am rather disappointed that i didn't get to
meet you in person. I very happily left Lokey with a 2005 G35 Sedan 6MT with
Aero Package and drove home happily. My experience at your beautiful
dealership was 1st rate and unmatchable. Upon initial arrival i was
thoroughly impressed by the massive selection that I was afforded not to
mention a selection that handled just as well if not better than those $200k
Mercedes that were on the front porch at the dealer next door. I am more
than sure though that i will be equally if not more satisfied with the new
acquisition. In the end i would like to once again thank you, Jim Matthews,
Pamela, and Jim's Sales Manager for the positive experience, beautiful
environment, and supreme service provided to me by you and Lokey Infiniti.
Thanks again!

Last edited by SFLG35; 02-22-2010 at 10:33 PM.