Lighthouse Point = Lazy Service: Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
G's Up, Ho's Down
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lighthouse Point = Lazy Service: Suggestions?

I brought my car in for an alignment and they basically test drove it to determine it was normal.

Well it still pulls, and annoys me. Can anyone recommend a dealer in near Boca (not lokey, 272miles away) that they know does good service?

Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
I posted in your other thread, just go back and insist on an alignment. If it's not your alignment, your tires are probably not balanced. And what is that thing that you posted about them putting 40 miles on your car? This is ridiculous, if that's the case I'm not taking my car there for service.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 PM
MyG37 Administrator

Coconut Creek Infiniti.. Lighthouse Point aka broward infiniti sucks I went there once as well to have something done never went back.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed, talk to roger valdez

Old 08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
never have had a problem w/ broward infiniti, but you can always try coconut creek infiniti. or south motors infiniti
http://www.infiniti.com/form/0,,acti...Search,00.html

Old 08-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is Infiniti of the Palm Beaches, I think that's the name I saw on the building. The same as any of these dealerships you guys mentioned(just a different name I mean)? The one on Okeechobee near the Turnpike.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Without seeing your car in person, it is difficult to offer up an explanation. However, I can pass on some of our observations.

Try to make sure you are experiencing a PULL and not a DRIFT. If your "pull" is to the right, your dealer may in fact have made an accurate diagnosis. Especially here in Florida, "road crown" can and does cause vehicles to slightly drift off to the right. Roads in this part of the country are designed to be slightly higher in elevation at the centerline of the roadway, and lower on the sides- this is to promote drainage. A properly-aligned car can sometimes seems to drift to the right due to road crown, and it can be more pronounced on some roads more than others due to the degree of road crown. There is no cure for a road-induced drift, other than insuring that the alignment is within specs to eliminate that as a possible contributing factor.

My personal advice would be to take a close look at this and see if it might explain your issue. A pull will be very strong and noticeable and get you out of your lane with 2 or 3 seconds, while a drift is more subtle and occurs over a longer period of time.

If your dealer ever has a hard time duplicating a concern, offer to go for a test drive with the shop foreman. Sometimes even the best of us has a difficult time verifying customer concerns, but keep in mind that most dealers want to satisfy their customers. Whenever you have a problem that isn't solved right away it can get frustrating, but we must keep in mind that sometimes "problems" we think we have aren't confirmed or repeatable while the dealer has your car. If you do run across a particular employee that is not willing to at least explore your concerns, then you may need to speak with someone else.

Good luck...

Old 08-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Is Infiniti of the Palm Beaches, I think that's the name I saw on the building. The same as any of these dealerships you guys mentioned(just a different name I mean)? The one on Okeechobee near the Turnpike.
I don't know about their Service Center but their sales are horrible. That's where I got my 05 and I wouldn't recommend them to ANY new buyers. If their service is the same way I'd steer clear.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:50 PM
G's Up, Ho's Down
Originally Posted by LokeyInfiniti
My personal advice would be to take a close look at this and see if it might explain your issue. A pull will be very strong and noticeable and get you out of your lane with 2 or 3 seconds, while a drift is more subtle and occurs over a longer period of time.
This is exactly what is happening, I let go and 3 seconds later im in the next lane. I made an appointment with coconut creek infiniti for wednesday. Hopefully they can resolve this issue then.