Lokey Infiniti needs to buy Orlando Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
Thanks. I guess they cut you a break if you take your own oil. I do need to swap the two cabin filters too. I wonder if the $207 for rotation of the tires means they dis and re mount the tires to the other side.
Sean, You really need to change the in cabin filters yourself. It is almost as easy as removing the floor mats... seriously.

Tell you what. If you buy me a filter and get 2 for yourself I'll actually change out your filters for you. It's that easy. We can even do the OEM battery cover while we're at it. Do you have any touch up paint? I have LR, but don't know the color of the G you'll be applying the cover to.

Don't pay OI squat. The tire rotation can be done anywhere (like Tire Kingdom) and just yesterday OI's tire balancing machine was BROKEN!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:10 AM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
Is it bad that I'm willing to drive my G to Lokey just to get warranty work done? I absolutely can't stand Orlando Infiniti. Their service has always taken at least 1 hour to do anything, and their sales people are pretty slimey as well.

Todd, I'm finally in a house over on your side of town, so maybe I can start making the weekly hang-outs a little more often (at least a little more than never)!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
Sean, You really need to change the in cabin filters yourself. It is almost as easy as removing the floor mats... seriously.

Tell you what. If you buy me a filter and get 2 for yourself I'll actually change out your filters for you. It's that easy. We can even do the OEM battery cover while we're at it. Do you have any touch up paint? I have LR, but don't know the color of the G you'll be applying the cover to.

Don't pay OI squat. The tire rotation can be done anywhere (like Tire Kingdom) and just yesterday OI's tire balancing machine was BROKEN!
Todd, I absolutely had no intention of having any dealer change the cabin filter. I know it's easy. But thanks for the offer. I was just wondering out loud, especially about what OI does when they rotate your tires for $207 and whether they actually change the tires to the other side; not that I would have OI do that either.

I do need to get with you to pick up the battery cover. Maybe this Saturday, if you are going to be home. It's going on the blue sedan, but what is the touch up paint for? I have some blue but I didn't see the need to touch anything up when I put the battery cover on the red G.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:58 AM
You're supposed to drill 2 holes for a bracket. You can skip this step if you like, but I drilled one of the 2 holes (didn't want to remove the intake). Touch up paint is to keep rust from forming.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 AM
You're supposed to drill 2 holes for a bracket. You can skip this step if you like, but I drilled one of the 2 holes (didn't want to remove the intake). Touch up paint is to keep rust from forming.
Of course.

I didn't drill those holes so I didn't think about that. It seemed stable enough to me after I put the edge of the cover under the rubber edge moulding. I did put a plug in the hole in the cover where the bracket goes though.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
dealers + oil changes = trouble

i have learned that it is just not worth it to ever take my car to a dealer (modified car anyway).. there is always something that will/does potentially go wrong, no matter who it is. glad to hear you didn't have any trouble, but i would definitely recommend doing the oil changes yourself, sending me the extra $25 and calling it good

Old 10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
_jb
Photographer

What a coincidence... It must be LR oil change week... I had my oil changed at Lokey on Tuesday...

I waited for my car... checked out the new Performance Parts showcase... shot the breeze with John Oliva... and bought a new shirt... about 30 minutes.

Old 10-06-2005, 07:13 PM
OI is having trouble with their service advisors staff. 1 or 2 quit, they hired new advisors...and now one of the new guys that helped me is now gone!(within a month!) Don't know whats goin on over there?!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Hello stranger long time see u post finally. U finnaly come out of that dark corner of yours.. How your G doing? Do u still visit the old Maxima.org?

Lokey gets an A++ from me. Despite me being a non "G" with only similiar engine to relate. Everytime I go in for something to be installed to a simple Oil change. My service rep "Brian" is a cool guy. He always offers me a loaner car. John comes out to say hi despite he is always busy. I was surprise the hostess or front desk clerk reminds the people there coffe and beverages in the fridge. The techs are friendly.

Originally Posted by studman
Is it bad that I'm willing to drive my G to Lokey just to get warranty work done? I absolutely can't stand Orlando Infiniti. Their service has always taken at least 1 hour to do anything, and their sales people are pretty slimey as well.

Todd, I'm finally in a house over on your side of town, so maybe I can start making the weekly hang-outs a little more often (at least a little more than never)!!!

Old 10-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm at OI right now getting the oil changed. I brought my own. I'm just chilling on the OI computer. I'll be sure to log out though. I downloaded some G pics off of the OI computer. I wonder if they belong to any members. The desktop is a LT coupe w/ PIAA Rossi's. Could it be Neff's?

Old 10-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
...Could it be Neff's?
Could it be any other?

Old 10-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Could it be any other?
Yeah. It is probably just a stock '05 that they took a picture of on the lot.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
Yeah. It is probably just a stock '05 that they took a picture of on the lot.
Yeah, with brembos.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:20 PM
It only took 30 minutes and cost $22.93 with my oil. It is well worth it IMO not to hassle with unbolting, draining, filling, and rebolting. I still agree Lokey should buy them though.

Here are the pics I found.

Attached Thumbnails Lokey Infiniti needs to buy Orlando Infiniti-372917-rozza-20and-20drop-2001.jpg   Lokey Infiniti needs to buy Orlando Infiniti-284747-g1.jpg  
Old 10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I put the second picture of the Diamond Graphite coupe with the BBS RG-R's in one of the comps before they locked out all the computers.

The first pic I took of Neff's car a long time ago, near a Perkins far, far away...(my jab at starwars...)

I agree with everyone else in thinking that Orlando Infiniti is way too slow with their service. Hopefully when they expand their service bays (they're still waiting on the construction permit) they're service time will be better. And hopefully they'll have more loaner cars to give out too...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lokey Infiniti needs to buy Orlando Infiniti