Got a ticket for exhuast, can I fight it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if its not a moving violation i wouldnt worry about it, i would take it to court, if you see the police officer in court when you go that gave you the ticket. then i opt to take the free schooling, but thats only if its points. i have had over half of my tickets just throw out cause the officer didnt have time to make the court appearance.....

my two cents...

Old 10-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well this is what I thought about doing
1. Since there are no points involved I can just pay the fine and get it over with
2. Fight it in court and possibly have it thrown out to let the officer know that he cant get over on me or anyone else
3. Spray my polished muffler black so that its not noticable

Old 10-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you know anyone with a car audio shop maybe they could sound test the car for you and send you in with the results. I wasn't there but it seems to me that an unqualified officer wrtoe you a ticket. If an officeer has not been trained on the equipment he is not qualified to operate in an eforcement situation. Two was he using a sound meter if so when was it last calibrated?

I have plenty of law enforcement in my family sadly all of them are out of the state but i would think the standards remain the same in this regards... Their equipment cannot be used as evidence against you if its calbration has expired.

I would caution you about showing up in court in hillsborough county though. If the officer is scheduled to be in court and does not show he/she gets punished. Plus if you loose you could incur court costs.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Foo_G
If you know anyone with a car audio shop maybe they could sound test the car for you and send you in with the results. I wasn't there but it seems to me that an unqualified officer wrtoe you a ticket. If an officeer has not been trained on the equipment he is not qualified to operate in an eforcement situation. Two was he using a sound meter if so when was it last calibrated?

I have plenty of law enforcement in my family sadly all of them are out of the state but i would think the standards remain the same in this regards... Their equipment cannot be used as evidence against you if its calbration has expired.

I would caution you about showing up in court in hillsborough county though. If the officer is scheduled to be in court and does not show he/she gets punished. Plus if you loose you could incur court costs.
There was no test equipment involved. He was driving behind me and he said he can hear my exhaust thats why he pulled me over and gave me the summons.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be friends with a local police officer and ask him to write off that you changed it back to OEM and go pay $7 to get the ticket cleared. Then call it a day... that's what I did,