Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

VRT All The Way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:51 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree... setup shop in NY... or somewhere on the East Coast near NY... lol

Old 06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by dubs
I think it's time you guys set up a east coast location... All this good news is killing me here in NY

I wish they had a NY shop but Performance Motorsporsts is no joke either both are the first 2 shop allowed to install a JWT kit But VRT cars are SICK!!!

Old 06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AthenG
I wish they had a NY shop but Performance Motorsporsts is no joke either both are the first 2 shop allowed to install a JWT kit But VRT cars are SICK!!!
Anybody that Jim Wolf and Clark Steppler allow to put their kits on, is going to be good. They just won't have it any way other than outstanding, and that obviously is the way it has to be. It is just too serious, and too much money, to allow the unit to be distributed all over the country and with DIY installations, or shops that don't really take to heart the best interest of the end user/consumer.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
i agree new shop east coast

Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I'll be trusting Sharif at Forged Internals for my FI with JWT TT planned for this fall... Forged Internals is moving to Atlanta (further away from me unfortunately)

Old 06-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Sharif is top drawer, no question about it.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:44 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
If JWT can just get teh TT kit CARB certified, I will be doing it right away!

Dave

Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
The kit runs clean. It is just a function of getting it to meet testing parameters that the State throws in just to make it difficult...like running at certain temps within so many seconds of ignition, etc etc.

In California you do not have to run a smog check for several years on a new car, so not having the CARB cert really only becomes a major issue when, on year five, you come up for renewal subject to inspection. Absent getting a ticket which mandates an inspection, like going 100mph+, or enraging an officer who has the ear to notice you have turbo, you should make it through that initial non inspection period. If you are prepared to take the car back to stock, or to just track it, or sell it, or to take it out of state, or have a mechanic that will run the test and pass you based on true readings that are clean enough to meet all applicable standards and not automatically flunk you on visual inspection, you are potentially fine. If you get a "test only" station request.....you are screwed.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Yes, I know it runs clean.

However, as you implied, it will automatically fail any smog test which does a visual inspection, or a at a "test only" station. And I am not prepared to remove a turbo system to pass a smog test.

So, I wait for CARB certification before I get a turbo kit.

Dave

Old 06-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Caelric, why not just make sure that your installer or tuner *is* an inspector...

Hmmm... Here in NC we just have emissions testing. Sharif indicated that with cats it should pass just fine. So I don't know that it's an issue here.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by AthenG
I completely agree about Performance motorsports... Car heads!!

Went to a meet there 2 weeks ago... and Vinny and the crew there were all very cool, and knew the **** they're working on. Had a 1hr Q&A and knew more that one day than reading for hours on any forums.

To turbo.. or not to turbo...

Old 06-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by holyfrickster
Hey guys, i just wanted to drop by and give you some info about VRT, I Have met Mike, and all of the mechanics over at vrt and let me tell you, Nothing but the best work for the g35's. After Meeting them and seeing their work, there is no doubt in my mind that they are the best. They are all perfectionists, and know exactly what they are doing. Just watching their videos, performance of their cars, and what they can achieve should be enough. I would not take my car anywhere else to get forced induction and a built motor done. If have not checked out their website do it now.

VRT

If you have any questions about anything related to forced induction or building of motors, Feel free to email them.

Just wanted to drop by and give my opinion.
Thanks Chris, looking forward to the Drift event in NM this weekend.

M

Old 06-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Scott = cool guy!! keep up the good work.

my shop might be open here in the southeast pretty soon. im sure i will have some questions for ya...

Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
Scott = cool guy!! keep up the good work.

my shop might be open here in the southeast pretty soon. im sure i will have some questions for ya...
Thanks man, looking forward to your shop opening, and any help I can offer in answering your questions.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
The Pole
OK I want one... Sent you guys a quote request..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VRT All The Way