Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Which A-Pillar Gauge Pod should I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which A-Pillar Gauge Pod should I get?

Been doing some research. I'm planning on getting a A-pillar Triple gauge pod. So which one fits/looks the best? I've been looking at ones at Intense Motorsports, Grubbs, and the Autometer. If there are any others, feel free to chime in as well.

Also, should I go with tan to match the stock a-pillar? If it's not a close enough match to the other a-pillar & headliner, I think I'd rather go black...

Old 07-07-2006, 11:39 PM
intense is okay. It's basically a black one painted over. also for the 52mm pods i had to shave the sides just to fit the gauges in.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the reply. No other G coupe owners have any knowledge about this?

Here's another question...is our A-pillar completely diff from the Z?

Old 07-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
intense is okay. It's basically a black one painted over. also for the 52mm pods i had to shave the sides just to fit the gauges in.
I thought you said in another post a while back that you were mad about the Intense fitment....

Dont get an A pillar, they make your car look ricey.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by G.Ride
I thought you said in another post a while back that you were mad about the Intense fitment....

Dont get an A pillar, they make your car look ricey.

Ya, that's why i said they were Okay not perfect or great. lol. I also stated in that post that i had to shave the circles to make the gauges fit. Here's the outcome.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 AM
I just dont like how it makes the G look.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
I don't have alot of options. I have Navi, so no cubby there. I also don't want to spend a ton on a custom fiberglass setup either. It's either Zeitronix or the a-pillar gauge pod. Don't know why it would ricey when it's used to monitor my SC?

Old 07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It doesn't look ricey. It finishes it off nicely and provides a eye level glance with out distraction by looking to far off of the horizon. Way better than having it molded into the cig tray. You have to look down and concentrate at what you are looking at. Not safe in my opinion.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
It doesn't look ricey. It finishes it off nicely and provides a eye level glance with out distraction by looking to far off of the horizon. Way better than having it molded into the cig tray. You have to look down and concentrate at what you are looking at. Not safe in my opinion.
Your attention to the gauges is no where near as close as to the Tach. I think a lower placement is more stealthy, possibly by the glove compartment angled toward the driver's seat.

A pillars are ricey. You have a car with a beautiful interior. Would you put gauges in a BMW? I would IF it was the M3 CSL because its more of a "race" car. A Ferrari, yeah, they belong, but I think we're forgetting that primarily our cars are lux and looked upon as lux whether we have any form of FI or not.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:39 AM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G.Ride
Your attention to the gauges is no where near as close as to the Tach. I think a lower placement is more stealthy, possibly by the glove compartment angled toward the driver's seat.

A pillars are ricey. You have a car with a beautiful interior. Would you put gauges in a BMW? I would IF it was the M3 CSL because its more of a "race" car. A Ferrari, yeah, they belong, but I think we're forgetting that primarily our cars are lux and looked upon as lux whether we have any form of FI or not.
Um, I would consider a M3 more luxury then a 35,000 g35 anyday. M3 don't come SC just like G35 don't. So why would it be ricey for a g35 and not an M3? Not making sense man.

I think your choice of words are not executed correctly. Your opinion is that a lower placement is more stealthy and more liked by yourself, however, others appreciate it on the pillar. What makes it ricey??? Because it isn't stealthy? or because it isn't stealthy on a luxury SC car? Come on man.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Function over form? A pillar; ricey or not is the easiest spot for the driver to see conditions at wot, tach can have a subtle shift light added somewhere if you're that concerned about rpms.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:00 AM
People on this board really need to stop acting like Lexus IS owners. The G is just a decent sports car, it's not all that luxury, and it's not all that fast either. Calm down.

Can we get back on topic here? Only 1 guy has really contributed to my search. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
Um, I would consider a M3 more luxury then a 35,000 g35 anyday. M3 don't come SC just like G35 don't. So why would it be ricey for a g35 and not an M3? Not making sense man.

I think your choice of words are not executed correctly. Your opinion is that a lower placement is more stealthy and more liked by yourself, however, others appreciate it on the pillar. What makes it ricey??? Because it isn't stealthy? or because it isn't stealthy on a luxury SC car? Come on man.
The M3 is different from the M3 CSL. M stands for motorsports. Like the last guy said the G is barely a sports car. I myself prefer to not have gauges sticking out like a rockstar. I like a clean stock look, that is my personal opinion. I think you take away from the look of the G by adding that pillar. Though, I will agree it is easy to see the gauges, so it is functionally sound.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 AM
So is the Autometer a better fit for my coupe, than the Intense Motorsports one?

Old 08-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
So is the Autometer a better fit for my coupe, than the Intense Motorsports one?
im finally getting mine installed this morning.ill let you know how it fits.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which A-Pillar Gauge Pod should I get?