Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

rb26 motor in a G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Oh giddy! Look who's straining to hold onto his last shred of credit in this thread?? At least we have proven:

RB is NOT lightweight. Could have settled that on my first post
LS swaps into RX7s are NOT upsetting the balance. Well I guess that's settled as his not ARGUING IN CAPS in that subject anymore!

Originally Posted by Javier

WHO CARES IF A RB26 IS A DETUNED RACE ENGINE???????? EVERYBODY WHO IS 100% MENTALLY IN HIS HEAD!!!!!!! EXCEPT YOU
i RATHER HAVE A RACE ENGINE THAT WILL GROW UP 3 TIMES THE STOCK HP THAN A V8 THAT NEED TO BE FULLY REBUILD TO ALLOW MORE POWER INSTEAD OF BLOWING UP!!!!
a RB26DETT WILL SUPPORT 700WHP STOCK BLOCK WITH BIGGER TURBO.,INJECTORS,ETC. CAN YOU V8 DO THAT????????
FULLY REBUILT. Wow. What an accomplishment! Fully rebuild it makes great power. Um you could "FULLY REBUILD" a turd to make more power.

ANOTHER POINT IS ALL YOUR TYPING IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE HEARD OR SAW IN THE NET.YOU HAVENT DONE ANYTHING ON ANY CAR.I TALK BY MY EXPERIENCE NO BECAUSE I SAW OR HEARD OR WHAT I THINK IF IS DONE.CAN YOU DO THE SAME????????DONT ANSWER ME I KNOW THE ANSWER ALLREADY!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!
Um, yeah. Just go ahead and DISPUTE ANYTHING I'VE POSTED okay? If I ALREADY know the truth, why would one have to build engines to confirm it???? Does this make sense TO ANYONE??????????

JUST SWAP A LS V8 INTO A G OR A RX7 THEN AND PUT YOU MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!!!!!! I HAVE DONE RB26 SWAP IN EARLY 300ZX SO I KNOW WHAT I`M TALKING ABOUT.
Here's an idea! How about I don't and still be right? Novel!

I INVITE YOU TO COME TO PUERTO RICO (VACATION) I WILL TAKE YOU TO SEVERAL PLACES TO SEE HOW A HONDA CIVIC ALL MOTOR SPANK A VETTE IN THE STREET OR 1/4 MILE(YOU CHOOSE) AND ALOT OF SMALL JAPANESE IMPORT BEAT THE CRAP OF DOMESTIC CARS!!!!!!!!!!!! INCLUDING ME
Um yeah, a fully built and stripped Honda beating some 80 year old in a stock Vette. Wonderful, amazing, whoopdeeedooodiittydooodooo

IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW PUERTO RICO IS THE ISLAND OF THE FASTES IMPORT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!! BEEN DOCUMENTED ALL OVER THE NET ,MAGAZINES!!
THAT IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! NOW PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THAT TIES INTO WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

Geez, if the only damn thing you really care about is the 1/4, just put a crate 572 in whatever and be done with it. Why ice skate up hill?

Last edited by Jeff92se; 07-26-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Red Card Crew

Stop making complete sense. Clearly it's confusing the masses.

Originally Posted by Serengettisandg
Dude you are forgetting import dragging doesn't have the weight restrictions that NHRA imposses on domestics.

After my G started burning/consuming oil at 27,000 kms I have little faith in the engine. I am sure it is great, but import motors take a ton more cash to build up then domestics. Those RX7's with LSx swaps are friggin rolling hard and I doubt like hell your nissan equipped car is going to keep up. You can do a heads/cam package on a LSx and get just under 500rwhp(carteck actually had a stock displacement LS1 pushing 500rwhp and running high 10's in a FRC vette)

That LS7 in the new Z06 is routinely pounding out 450-460rwhp stock. With headers, tune and intake they are making over 500rwhp. Camshaft and a good few are netting 550rwhp. Drop a 100 shot on it and not much is going to touch it, especailly in a 3000lb RX7 or 3200lb Z06.

I agree with the few that said an LS2 or LS1 would be sweet in the G. Motor is relatively cheap to modify, parts are made by many different manufacturers and with just nitrous and headers it will make as much or more power then a TT VQ35.

I am not trying to be dick here it just seems you don't fully understand what this "POS" pushrod motor is capable of. Just like I am sure I don't know what a nissan engine is fully capable of, but I can bet dollar for dollar in mods the extra displacement is going to make more power.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff

WHEN YOU HAVE A CAR WITH ALL YOUR STUFF DONE . JUST LET ME KNOW NO MORE LOOKING INTO THE NET FOR YOU TO ANSWER!!!!!!! i BELIVE IN THE STUFF I WORK (RB26DETT) WHY, RUN LIKE NO OTHER ,CHEAP AND BEAT THE CRAP OF THE NEW AND OLD VETTES,MUSTANG,CAMAROS,ETC.
600 WHP OF A RB26DETT WITH A TO4R KIT,720CC INJECTOR AND STAND ALONE ECU!!.BEAT THAT!!!!!!!

P.S. THE HONDAS ARE FULL INTERIOR NOT A DRAG CAR BEATING NEW VETTES !!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Red Card Crew

Let me know when you are done changing subjects okay?

Just so you know RBs are NOT cheap to buy/mod or run in the states.

600whp? Not hard to with a cammed LS engine and a tiny shot of nos. NO FULL REBUILDS, TURBO, INJECTOR replacements.

Gawd someone shoot me already

WHEN YOU HAVE A CAR WITH ALL YOUR STUFF DONE . JUST LET ME KNOW NO MORE LOOKING INTO THE NET FOR YOU TO ANSWER!!!!!!! i BELIVE IN THE STUFF I WORK (RB26DETT) WHY, RUN LIKE NO OTHER ,CHEAP AND BEAT THE CRAP OF THE NEW AND OLD VETTES,MUSTANG,CAMAROS,ETC.
600 WHP OF A RB26DETT WITH A TO4R KIT,720CC INJECTOR AND STAND ALONE ECU!!.BEAT THAT!!!!!!!

P.S. THE HONDAS ARE FULL INTERIOR NOT A DRAG CAR BEATING NEW VETTES !!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Changing subjects!!!!

JEEF!!! You are the one changing subjects. discusion was a rb26 into a G and you change it for a ls into a rx7 then change it for weight distribution .
so make sure you remember what you type first!!!!!!!!

i DONT KNOW THE PRICE OF PARTS WERE YOU LIVE. HERE I CAN BUY A RB26DETT FOR $3,500 AND $800 FOR RB26DET TRANNY. labor for the swap FREE( I WILL DO IT MY SELF)
THATS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND ME ,I DO ALL MY WORK, YOU WELL HAVE TO PAY!!!!!. FOR ME IS CHEAPER .I WORK IN MY CARS ,YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH AND LEARN KEEP LOOKING FOR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE TO THEIR CARS!!!!!

PS STILL WAITING ON PROOF OF A LS STOCK BLOCK ENGINE(RODS PISTONS,ETC) WITH TRIPLE OR EVEN DOUBLE THE HP!!!! NOW YOU DONT CHANGE SUBJECTS AGAIN !!!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Red Card Crew

And what was my original debate? Yes, that the RB is too heavy and too long to maintain the well balanced feel of the G. We don't buy G35s for the 1/4. That would be de-engineering almost all of Nissan's intent. Good job!

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DOUBTED THE FD LS swap. Now that you have been proven 100% wrong, you go off on another tangent. Nice. For your information, the LS swap into the FD RX7 was ALWAYS about weight dist. That is the POINT of using the LS series. duh

Double what HP?? The stock underated 280? So what is double? 560? Why would anyone try to double the STOCK 400hp LS1? Or the 450 STOCK hp LS2? Or the STOCK 500hp of the LS7? Exactly WHY would I need to prove it can double or triple the hp anyway? I never said the RB series could not. So try to stay off that non-topic thanks

WATCH AND LEARN WHAT?? How to make a front heavy, ill handling G? Sorry my friend. I don't have a big urge to learn this.

JEEF!!! You are the one changing subjects. discusion was a rb26 into a G and you change it for a ls into a rx7 then change it for weight distribution .
so make sure you remember what you type first!!!!!!!!

i DONT KNOW THE PRICE OF PARTS WERE YOU LIVE. HERE I CAN BUY A RB26DETT FOR $3,500 AND $800 FOR RB26DET TRANNY. labor for the swap FREE( I WILL DO IT MY SELF)
THATS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND ME ,I DO ALL MY WORK, YOU WELL HAVE TO PAY!!!!!. FOR ME IS CHEAPER .I WORK IN MY CARS ,YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH AND LEARN KEEP LOOKING FOR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE TO THEIR CARS!!!!!

PS STILL WAITING ON PROOF OF A LS STOCK BLOCK ENGINE(RODS PISTONS,ETC) WITH TRIPLE OR EVEN DOUBLE THE HP!!!! NOW YOU DONT CHANGE SUBJECTS AGAIN !!!

Last edited by Jeff92se; 07-26-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Jeff

Again and for the last time (read each tread again) topic was rb26 swap in a G. The guy is looking for reliable HP with a rb26 no a LS swap .As I stated a few times for less than 550 whp just build a VQ35de short block(TURBO).MORE THAN 550RWHP I RECOMEND THE RB26DETT SWAP!!!!!!!!JUST BECAUSE WILL HANDLE ALL HIS POWER NEEDS PERIOD!!.FOR THAT PIECE OF V8 GARBAGE YOU RECOMEND WILL NEED MORE $$ TO GO OVER THE 550WHP

SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!!!!!!! RB26DETT CAN GO WAY BEYOND 550WHP STOCK.
RELIABLE IS THE POINT HERE NOT WEIGHT.PLUS EASIER TO SWAP. NISSAN USE ALMOST THE SAME SENSOR IN EVERY ENGINE(IF RB26 WIRING IS USED WITH THE STOCK G HARNESS)
Now the weight issue as you said will change the handling carasteristic on the G. and I told you around 4 time already In a street car this would not be a serious issue with some suspension work!(some coilovers ,sway bars and corner balance with a good alingment will do the work) I Bet you $100 bucks you will never run over the limits of your stock g on the streets (imagine what a g would do with suspension work done.

To finish this stupid confusion of yours!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A REAL FAST STREET CAR,NEVER HAVE DONE A ENGINE SWAP AND WHEN i SAID FAST MEANS AT LEAST LOW 12 SEC CAR WITH MORE THAN 400WHP.SO THIS ONLY MEANS YOU ARE TYPING ALL THIS BECAUSE YOU READ IT SOME WERE

NOW COME AND JUMP TO KEEP TO TRY TO ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT SWAPS AND EVEN MORE ABOUT THE RB26DETT CAPABILITIES. I`M DONE WITH YOU!!!!!! KEEP READING YOUR SH&t.MAYBE SOME DAY YOU WILL LEARN THAT THE EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEGE AND THAT GOES OVER THE BULL SH&T YOU READ!!!!! (BEEN WORKING AND SWAPING ENGINES SINCE MID 90`S)IF YOU DONT LIKE MY OPINION THAT IS BASE ON EXPERIENCE NOT OF READING SH&T!!!!!! SORRY NO HARD FEELINGS .... HOPE ONE DAY YOU LEARN SOMETHING FROM IT!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Red Card Crew

He asked and I answered. Notice someone else with common sense agrees with me. V8 piece of garbage? Hmmm if the RB IS TO GREAT, WHY DID THE DISCONTINUE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY STILL MAKE THE LS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THIS. THE RB IS HEAVVVYYYYYYY AND LLLOOONNNGGGGGGGG.

Wring harness?? Um they already MAKE A STANDALONE WIRING HARNESS FOR ENGINE SWAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't even told us how much of a pig the RB with all the turbos, IC and plumbing weighs yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Let's compare. All aluminium na V6 vs a IRON block I6 w/ cast IRON MANIFOLDS AND EXHAUST HOUSINGS!!!!!!

Why don't you just admit to what you build?? 1/4 cars!!!!!!! Nothing wrong with that. But don't try to make it more than it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Again and for the last time (read each tread again) topic was rb26 swap in a G. The guy is looking for reliable HP with a rb26 no a LS swap .As I stated a few times for less than 550 whp just build a VQ35de short block(TURBO).MORE THAN 550RWHP I RECOMEND THE RB26DETT SWAP!!!!!!!!JUST BECAUSE WILL HANDLE ALL HIS POWER NEEDS PERIOD!!.FOR THAT PIECE OF V8 GARBAGE YOU RECOMEND WILL NEED MORE $$ TO GO OVER THE 550WHP

SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!!!!!!! RB26DETT CAN GO WAY BEYOND 550WHP STOCK.
RELIABLE IS THE POINT HERE NOT WEIGHT.PLUS EASIER TO SWAP. NISSAN USE ALMOST THE SAME SENSOR IN EVERY ENGINE(IF RB26 WIRING IS USED WITH THE STOCK G HARNESS)
Now the weight issue as you said will change the handling carasteristic on the G. and I told you around 4 time already In a street car this would not be a serious issue with some suspension work!(some coilovers ,sway bars and corner balance with a good alingment will do the work) I Bet you $100 bucks you will never run over the limits of your stock g on the streets (imagine what a g would do with suspension work done.

To finish this stupid confusion of yours!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A REAL FAST STREET CAR,NEVER HAVE DONE A ENGINE SWAP AND WHEN i SAID FAST MEANS AT LEAST LOW 12 SEC CAR WITH MORE THAN 400WHP.SO THIS ONLY MEANS YOU ARE TYPING ALL THIS BECAUSE YOU READ IT SOME WERE

NOW COME AND JUMP TO KEEP TO TRY TO ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT SWAPS AND EVEN MORE ABOUT THE RB26DETT CAPABILITIES. I`M DONE WITH YOU!!!!!! KEEP READING YOUR SH&t.MAYBE SOME DAY YOU WILL LEARN THAT THE EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEGE AND THAT GOES OVER THE BULL SH&T YOU READ!!!!! (BEEN WORKING AND SWAPING ENGINES SINCE MID 90`S)IF YOU DONT LIKE MY OPINION THAT IS BASE ON EXPERIENCE NOT OF READING SH&T!!!!!! SORRY NO HARD FEELINGS .... HOPE ONE DAY YOU LEARN SOMETHING FROM IT!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do we even Have moderators here???

Old 07-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, fawken hilarious.
maybe you can just go tube chassis, fiberglass body and not even worry about power, just reliability. who needs to be street legal anyway.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Why don't you buy one of these Engines VQ35DE

-------------------------------------------------
Z1 Built VQ35 Longblock includes:
- carillo rods
- wiseco pistons
- new Nissan rod & main bearings
- rings
- ARP head & main studs
- cometic headgaskets
- completely reworked heads

Assembled longblock with all the front timing covers assembled, oil pan all bolted on, valve covers, etc. All sealed up and ready to go, Just bolt on your accessories.

$2,500 core charge with exchange of rebuildable engine with the same components included in the one we send. Damaged or mising components will be charged for based on new Nissan price.

Z1 Assembled longblock installation for $2500 including break in and inital oil changes.
Installation for $1000 along with the purchase and installaiton of the APS TT kit.

Ones i want to go FI, i will go with one of these engines

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product...oducts_id=1446

Old 07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Red Card Crew

Because it's not a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious RB!

Originally Posted by GTT
Why don't you buy one of these Engines VQ35DE

-------------------------------------------------
Z1 Built VQ35 Longblock includes:
- carillo rods
- wiseco pistons
- new Nissan rod & main bearings
- rings
- ARP head & main studs
- cometic headgaskets
- completely reworked heads

Assembled longblock with all the front timing covers assembled, oil pan all bolted on, valve covers, etc. All sealed up and ready to go, Just bolt on your accessories.

$2,500 core charge with exchange of rebuildable engine with the same components included in the one we send. Damaged or mising components will be charged for based on new Nissan price.

Z1 Assembled longblock installation for $2500 including break in and inital oil changes.
Installation for $1000 along with the purchase and installaiton of the APS TT kit.

Ones i want to go FI, i will go with one of these engines

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product...oducts_id=1446

Old 07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Because it's not a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious RB!
WHO ASKED YOU ?

Old 07-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Red Card Crew

Who did you ask?

Originally Posted by GTT
WHO ASKED YOU ?

Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow this argument is still going on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: rb26 motor in a G35?