Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

ECU Mapping Diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ECU Mapping Diagram

We are trying to hook up a air/fuel ratio gauge. We have tried to hook it up to the ecu instead of running it through the firewall to one 02 sensor. There should be 2 different banks to tap into on the ecu. We are going to hook a toggle switch to go between each bank to see which runs leaner. So far every diagram I got has not worked. Does anyone have the correct diagram or know which number and color on the ecu to tap into for each bank? I have an 03 5AT coupe.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Is there anyone who can help??

Old 07-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by FL-G35
Is there anyone who can help??
hey tracy are you trying to hook up a wideband,if you are it wont work with the 03,s.our cars have narrow band o2,s.youll have to weld in a bung with a 5 wire bosch o2 sensor for a wideband.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Keith check out the link: http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...earch&gid=3531 IT says will work with most narrow band 02 sensors.

Edit: It also says may require 2244 in the Accessories Section, which is an 02 sensor

Old 07-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Keith check out the link: http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...earch&gid=3531 IT says will work with most narrow band 02 sensors.

Edit: It also says may require 2244 in the Accessories Section, which is an 02 sensor
did you weld in the o2 sensor,its really not worth the hassle of trying to read 2 banks.if you had a tt setup with 600 hp well then yea maybe,but not with our setup.use the drives side bank,they say that,s the one that runs a tiny bit leaner.and i wouldnt mess with the ecu harness really,ive heard of to many disasters to the ecu.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
You should really do a wideband. The narrow band oem sensor is not accurate enough IMO.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
You should really do a wideband. The narrow band oem sensor is not accurate enough IMO.
Whats the difference between the two?

Old 07-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Whats the difference between the two?
a narrow band will jump around between lean and rich as the o2 sensors switches,a wideband has a steady reading and is much more accurate.def get a wideband.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Ok, so it is better to have a wideband AFR because it is more accurate and do not tap into the ECU because that can cause problems or headaches. Unfortunetely I already have the gauges. Both the boost and AFR are installed. Just AFR is not connected. Since I already have that my best bet is to just buy the 02 sensor option and get it welded in, right? Or could I just tap into one of the sensors already there? Thanks for all the help guys

Old 07-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok, so it is better to have a wideband AFR because it is more accurate and do not tap into the ECU because that can cause problems or headaches. Unfortunetely I already have the gauges. Both the boost and AFR are installed. Just AFR is not connected. Since I already have that my best bet is to just buy the 02 sensor option and get it welded in, right? Or could I just tap into one of the sensors already there? Thanks for all the help guys
those autometers are pretty cheap i would just go and get a wideband gauge,but if you wanna keep it get the sensor and weld it in.but remember it will still fluctuate quite a bit and is not very accurate.dont tap into the factory o2,s.dont try and get a autometer wideband,i allready did and they are still a few months from being released.i wanted the nexus.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
can you tap into the factory wideband O2 on the newer Gs?

What about an OBDII scanner? will that give a wideband readout on the newer cars?

Old 07-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I spoke with Sam at Stillen and he said that there is no problem with connecting the meter to the ecu. He said that he has done it many times before with autometer guages. He said pin #16 is the correct one to tap into. The ONE thing I forgot to ask was about the "Larger Blower" That will be another call.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I spoke with Sam at Stillen and he said that there is no problem with connecting the meter to the ecu. He said that he has done it many times before with autometer guages. He said pin #16 is the correct one to tap into. The ONE thing I forgot to ask was about the "Larger Blower" That will be another call.
you can but they are still highly inaccurate,and we have a couple of people that are going to ask them and they will get the same answer i got.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
YOU FORGOT!!!!!!!!

Ok, that's cool. When do you think you will talk to him again?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
YOU FORGOT!!!!!!!!

Ok, that's cool. When do you think you will talk to him again?
My buddy told me he already tried pin #16 so I will call Sam again. I don't like to pester people to much, espeically ones who are very helpful to me, like Keith. When I talk with him again I will be sure to bring up the rumors about the new blower. I will PM you both if I find anything out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Mapping Diagram