Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Does anyone have APS Extreme twin turbo kit or know anything about it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone have APS Extreme twin turbo kit or know anything about it?

I tried searching the forum for any info of this kit, but had no luck.

Has anyone heard about what kind of power numbers the APS Extreme kit is putting down with a built engine? The APS website says this kit is good for 600-1,000 flywheel horsepower, but they don't show any dyno charts like they do for their standard twin turbo kit. I'm curious to know how this kit compares to cars with the Greddy 18G and upgraded 20G kits combined with fully built long blocks.

I'm considering both kits for my build project. Does anyone know of any pros or cons of either kit versus the other?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
you can't go wrong wrong with either the Greddy or the APS setup.

Personally, I'd go with the greddy. If you are going big which it sounds like that is your aspiration, pun intended, the greddy is more setup as a tuner kit. The APS comes with everything you need, but may not want their EMS, their intercooler, their BOV, their fuel system, etc.
On the Greddy, the intercooler is a separate purchase (good for you because you may want to go with some radical intercooler or a "V-mount" setup.) Also, you buy your own BOV and mount it wherever you want it. Most greddy guys go with either a UTEC (in you are more of a DIYer) or an F-Con for engine management. I think APS is still using the Unichip (puke!)

you'll find more tech stuff on www.my350z.com

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
you can't go wrong wrong with either the Greddy or the APS setup.

Personally, I'd go with the greddy. If you are going big which it sounds like that is your aspiration, pun intended, the greddy is more setup as a tuner kit. The APS comes with everything you need, but may not want their EMS, their intercooler, their BOV, their fuel system, etc.
On the Greddy, the intercooler is a separate purchase (good for you because you may want to go with some radical intercooler or a "V-mount" setup.) Also, you buy your own BOV and mount it wherever you want it. Most greddy guys go with either a UTEC (in you are more of a DIYer) or an F-Con for engine management. I think APS is still using the Unichip (puke!)

you'll find more tech stuff on www.my350z.com
Thanks for the info. It sounds like you're talking more about the standard kit from APS.

The Extreme kit from APS is also more setup as a tuner kit versus their standard kit. Compared to the standard kit, it comes with larger turbos, a return fuel system w/ 2 Walbro 255lph fuel pumps and 880cc injectors, a larger intercooler, and no engine management system. I plan on using the HKS FCon VPro. APS also indicates that the extreme kit is intended for a built engine.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Thanks for the info. It sounds like you're talking more about the standard kit from APS.

The Extreme kit from APS is also more setup as a tuner kit versus their standard kit. Compared to the standard kit, it comes with larger turbos, a return fuel system w/ 2 Walbro 255lph fuel pumps and 880cc injectors, a larger intercooler, and no engine management system. I plan on using the HKS FCon VPro. APS also indicates that the extreme kit is intended for a built engine.
That's correct, the kit is very complete minus the engine management.

So far, I've only seen a couple dynos of the Extreme Kit. Not too many have been completed yet. The higher ones have been roughly 550 - 580whp. These have been on basic shortblock builds without headwork, boost at around 15-16psi. Not many people have pushed the limits yet.

My build is a few weeks away from completion. I am doing a basic shortblock build, JWT S7 cams, APS Extreme kit, APS 3" Exhaust, ATS Triple disc clutch, Koyo radiator, rear coolant mod, HKS FCon, HKS EVC, etc. I am only shooting for 550whp on a dynodynamics dyno. When they are tuning it, they may push the evelope and see if they can get some bigger number on pump gas, but 550whp will be plenty for me.

If you go to the FI section on My350Z.com you can search and find a little more info on the Extreme kit.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by Tater
That's correct, the kit is very complete minus the engine management.

So far, I've only seen a couple dynos of the Extreme Kit. Not too many have been completed yet. The higher ones have been roughly 550 - 580whp. These have been on basic shortblock builds without headwork, boost at around 15-16psi. Not many people have pushed the limits yet.

My build is a few weeks away from completion. I am doing a basic shortblock build, JWT S7 cams, APS Extreme kit, APS 3" Exhaust, ATS Triple disc clutch, Koyo radiator, rear coolant mod, HKS FCon, HKS EVC, etc. I am only shooting for 550whp on a dynodynamics dyno. When they are tuning it, they may push the evelope and see if they can get some bigger number on pump gas, but 550whp will be plenty for me.

If you go to the FI section on My350Z.com you can search and find a little more info on the Extreme kit.
Thanks Tater. Let me know how your build turns out. Can't wait for an update. BTW, who's doing your build? Do they have any prior experience with the APS Extreme kit or are you their first to have it installed?

However, I was expecting bigger numbers from the APS Extreme kit at 16PSI. I know someone here in Arizona with a built 350Z with the Greddy kit and he's making 550whp on 91 octane at only 12PSI of boost. He's accomplishing this with standard 18G turbos. He does however have an upgraded longblock from SGP Racing including head work and JWT cams. I think the only things he hasn't done to the longblock are a Darton sleeve kit or Ferrea oversize valves. He also has an upgraded fuel system including a return fuel system, fuel pump upgrade, and RC Engineering 750cc injectors.

So if my buddy is putting up the same kind of numbers with Greddy's 18G turbos, I'm starting to wonder/doubt if the APS Extreme kit is comparable to a Greddy kit with turbos upgraded to 20G.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? Or has anyone else heard differently about the APS Extreme kit?

Also, do I have to become a member of My350Z.com to be able to use the search function on their forum?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RudeG, why don't you go with the JWT 700 TT kit?? We are constantly making well over 600 to almost 800whp. with it.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by wa2good
RudeG, why don't you go with the JWT 700 TT kit?? We are constantly making well over 600 to almost 800whp. with it.
Thanks for the tip(& shameless plug ),

But I haven't really been able to find much info about the JWT kit and know even less about the 700 kit. JWT's own website doesn't give any specs, dyno charts, or any info to help guys make an informed decision. Also, I don't know anyone in my area (Phoenix metro) with the JWT kit combined with a built engine, to see it for myself. On the other hand, the Greddy kit is pretty much a known quantity, since there are so many guys out there who have installed it and there is lots of info out there about the Greddy kit putting down 550-650+ whp with the standard 18G turbos. There is also quite a bit of info out there about APS's standard TT kit, which also seems to be well liked and has also shown ability to make good power with a built engine.

One thing I have noticed about JWT's kit that I have questions/concerns about is that it only has one air intake versus the other TT kits out there that have two. I wonder how this affects performance.

In addition... I mean no disrespect to you guys at VRT (in fact, I've heard nothing but good about VRT )... but last year I decided that I will go to SGP Racing when I am ready (in other words have saved up the $$$ ) to have my powertrain built. Mark Gust referred me to a local customer and friend here with a fully built Z with a Greddy TT system (as mentioned in my previous post) that is absolutely sick! I have been nothing but impressed with SGP... from their website, to their friendliness and professionalism over the phone in answering my questions, to their ability to do just about anything to a G or Z with various FI kits/options(they don't push just one brand of FI kit), and their reputation to make cars with big power that are reliable enough to be daily drivers.

I'm willing to keep an open mind, but at this point, the two turbo systems I'm considering for my build project are the Greddy kit with SGP's 20G upgrade or the APS Extreme kit. I'm just trying to find out more information about the APS Extreme kit, so that I can make a more informed decision.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Thanks Tater. Let me know how your build turns out. Can't wait for an update. BTW, who's doing your build? Do they have any prior experience with the APS Extreme kit or are you their first to have it installed?

However, I was expecting bigger numbers from the APS Extreme kit at 16PSI. I know someone here in Arizona with a built 350Z with the Greddy kit and he's making 550whp on 91 octane at only 12PSI of boost. He's accomplishing this with standard 18G turbos. He does however have an upgraded longblock from SGP Racing including head work and JWT cams. I think the only things he hasn't done to the longblock are a Darton sleeve kit or Ferrea oversize valves. He also has an upgraded fuel system including a return fuel system, fuel pump upgrade, and RC Engineering 750cc injectors.

So if my buddy is putting up the same kind of numbers with Greddy's 18G turbos, I'm starting to wonder/doubt if the APS Extreme kit is comparable to a Greddy kit with turbos upgraded to 20G.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? Or has anyone else heard differently about the APS Extreme kit?

Also, do I have to become a member of My350Z.com to be able to use the search function on their forum?
You do need to be a member at My350Z.com to use the search function.

My build is being done at Forged Performance in Georgia. I do believe that my Extreme Kit is the first that they have installed up to this point. I don't know of any other builds with my setup from any shop thus far, my car having the Rev-Up motor with S7 cams and FCon. One guy did a build like mine, but partway into the tuning process his engine gave out, most likely due to a machining error (but not confirmed).

One shop recently did the Extreme Kit on a stock block automatic. At 9psi, it did 440whp, here is a link: http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232077

Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Dutchboy, I mean Tator , when's the completion date? Still on schedule for pickup early March?

Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
Dutchboy, I mean Tator , when's the completion date? Still on schedule for pickup early March?
You figured me out! It might actually be done a little early, probably 3 weeks from now is a pretty good guess. That is if we don't have too much snow up here. If the weather doesn't cooperate, I might be able to wait a week or two longer.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Ohio G Club Member
You figured me out! It might actually be done a little early, probably 3 weeks from now is a pretty good guess. That is if we don't have too much snow up here. If the weather doesn't cooperate, I might be able to wait a week or two longer.
I'm on this and my350z way too much! That's exciting news! Can't wait to hear your review and hopefully get a ride.

Last edited by BrianlG35C; 01-29-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 AM
You do need to be a member at My350Z.com to use the search function.

My build is being done at Forged Performance in Georgia. I do believe that my Extreme Kit is the first that they have installed up to this point. I don't know of any other builds with my setup from any shop thus far, my car having the Rev-Up motor with S7 cams and FCon. One guy did a build like mine, but partway into the tuning process his engine gave out, most likely due to a machining error (but not confirmed).

One shop recently did the Extreme Kit on a stock block automatic. At 9psi, it did 440whp, here is a link: http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232077
Thanks.

Congrats. I've read good things on this site about Sharif and Forged Performance. I consulted Mark Gust at SGP Racing several months ago (about the middle of last year) and they hadn't installed an Extreme kit yet either.

I look forward to your update when it's all done and tuned.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Has anyone else heard anything about the APS Extreme kit?

Old 02-03-2007, 12:38 PM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
We have it on our shop car with the 4.24L stroker kit, it is really awesome, engine is still being broken in ( we dont drive it much ) so no dyno numbers yet but while road tuning the car it is incredibly fast, 13 psi comes on rather quickly, the 4.2L engine really spools this kit up FAST!

Stay tuned for more info.

-George
GT Motorsports

Old 02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tater's is the first kit we have installed here, and should be running in a couple of days. I am reserving judgement on the APS Extreme kit. It's main selling point is its complete Stage II fuel system. However, that system is starting to show some limitations that might make us change our mind on that kit. For guys in the 550whp-650whp range, its a great kit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have APS Extreme twin turbo kit or know anything about it?