Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

What's included in Stillen SuperCharger kits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's included in Stillen SuperCharger kits?

Thinking about holding off all my Bold-On MODs and save for the SuperCharger upgrade in the near future. I notice from my BMW experience when purchasing a SuperCharger Kits from Dinan its includes all the other components like intake, exhaust and ECU upgrades. Is this the same for Stillen Super Charger Kits on G35?

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero
- 6 wire grounding kit

Old 12-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What's included in Stillen SuperCharger kits?

As far as I know, the Stillen does not have any exhaust or ECU upgrade at all. Pretty much all of the units are going to have additional fuel management (i.e. a way to increase fuel input). The Stillen kit in the 350z requires a hood modification--but I don't know if there's enough room for it under the stock G35 hood or not.

I personally have the Vortech supercharger and (although obviously biased) think it's better than the Stillen or the ATI kits.

--Steve

Old 12-31-2003, 10:36 AM

I believe Vortech makes for HPs but Stillen got C.A.R.B. exampt now. That's why I'm going with Stillen.
Anyone purchased Stillen SuperCharger willing to shade some light here on what Stillen kits comes with?

~ GT-R the Ultimate Driving Machine ~
- 2004 G35 Ivory Pearl/Black Leather
- Auto/Nav/Premium/Sports/Aero
- 6 wire grounding kit

Old 12-31-2003, 08:42 PM

u have to cut a hole in your hood for the stillen super charger and then buy a hood cowl. or u can buy stillens cf hood.

Old 01-02-2004, 01:08 AM

Stillen has had their exhaust out for about a year and they just released their new headers.I'd suggest buying high flow cats too.they have a piggy back ecu system included which adjust timing and air/fuel maps.wait for more hoods to come out.reliable instant hp w/ an ugly hood - or spooling centrifical w/a perty stock hood?

Dark Side Of The Moon

Old 01-03-2004, 12:33 AM

The Stillen unit comes with a fuel management box that taps into a couple sensors and (I believe) includes a 7th injector for additional fuel inrichment. I have one on the way, it's actually in transit as I type this and I should have pics and everything up sometime next week of the contents. If everything works out in our favor next week I may have installed pics and results up very soon too.
You can also get an intercooled setup very shortly too.... they're just finishing up on the G35 kit right now, i think it'll be shipping in a few weeks.
There is also a fiberglass hood available. Still lighter in weight and less expensive. If you're going to paint the hood back to the stock color this may be a good option for you? Sure beats cutting a hole and using the cover, IMO.

Justin McClanahan
Heavily Modified 95 Infiniti G20
www.InfinitiPartsUSA.com