G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction-24/)
-   -   Best spot to hide your gauges on a G35 (https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction/167796-best-spot-hide-your-gauges-g35.html)

escobar929 07-18-2007 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
get hks f-con and hks navigator pro

Attachment 247902

Hexxum001 07-18-2007 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by AthenG
Great one piece gadget but not very accurate especially the AF.

It is a compromise, we use gauges to monitor our car and if you're driving the last think you want to do is look down, up or all the way to the right to check your gauges. I think the A-pillar is the easiest way to check for # and can be done on a quick glance without endangering your self. A-pillar will also tell the world that you are not stock and take away the luxury feel/look of our car, so it goes down to user preference. JMHO

As far as wideband afr's go, it's all about Innovate FTMFW!! :cool:

Secondly, I agree 100%. The whole point of gauge location is to be able to monitor what is going on with your car in real time/real world situations. On the dyno, it doesn't really matter where your gauges are because you don't have to pay attention to the road. But when you are on the road, the last thing that you want to be doing is looking across to the glove compartment or down to where your ashtray is just to monitor what's going on. That is very dangerous IMHO. The A pillar isn't the greatest spot in the world for visability but it is the best alternative in our cases. Once again, just MHO. :)

Hexxum001 07-18-2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by imalazeeass
pshhh just cuz you have custom gauge pillars :P /slap

haha!! Don't hate, congratulate. :p

paranormal 07-18-2007 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by escobar929
get hks f-con and hks navigator pro

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...5/P1000418.jpg

thats what i just picked up.. now im either going to have to find a new a pillar to replace mine or leave my gauges

im not sure what to do heres one of my idea's.. it makes it really hard with navigation

Hexxum001 07-18-2007 12:41 PM

^^^You have 2 a/f gauges??

Hexxum001 07-18-2007 12:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
BTW, here are my gauges:
Attachment 247903
Attachment 247904

FI'ed G 07-18-2007 12:53 PM

show off... oh, did you fix your tire pressure:D

Deang35c6 07-18-2007 12:53 PM

This came from Sharif himself. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about but either way I don't have first hand experience with Zeitronix coz even Julian@MRC don't recommend it.

Also here's the link from Gurgen's Wideband shootout and you'll see who's the most accurate WB. At least Zeitronix made it to the list but second to the bottom

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...light=Wideband

:dunno:

Thanks for the links. For Shariff to call it crap because of inaccuracy and latency is strange considering the shootout states otherwise. It didn't actually come in second to last, but tied in 4th with the Dynojet unit. The column just placed them in alphabetical order in the case of ties, which happened in 2nd and 4th places. If you want a stealth setup, then the Zeitronix can offer something that even the winner can't. It's not the fastest or most accurate, but then again the OP wanted to hide his gauges.

There is only one place to get the Zeitronix and that's from the company, so most vendors don't have any experience with owning or selling them. They tend to use what the sell. Upon reviewing the article, it looks like the Zeintroix is pretty average with only +/-.4 AF and 200 milliseconds off the industry leader. This is acceptable to me as the display unit can be hidden out of sight. I believe the Zeitronix is more accurate than the tailpipe sniffer than some tuners use. The logging software is very easy to use and very informative and you can log with a Palm pilot as well.

Hexxum001 07-18-2007 01:10 PM

show off... oh, did you fix your tire pressure:D

haha! I'm not showing off just giving people some ideas. :biggthumpup: The tire pressure light stays on permanently now cuz of my Works and no more TPMS. I honestly don't even notice it anymore. ;)

paranormal 07-18-2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
^^^You have 2 a/f gauges??

no that was my idea before i decided to get the knock amp.. now i dont know what to do :dunno:

FI'ed G 07-18-2007 01:22 PM

haha! I'm not showing off just giving people some ideas. :biggthumpup: The tire pressure light stays on permanently now cuz of my Works and no more TPMS. I honestly don't even notice it anymore. ;)

sorry for the OT but I have the same wheel with no TPMS and I don't get light. I only get it if I drive straight 80+mph and over an hr of driving but it goes away when I shutdown the car. I have 19X9.5 and 19X10.5 and the only thing I can see different is I have Silver and yours is black:D

Hexxum001 07-18-2007 02:00 PM

sorry for the OT but I have the same wheel with no TPMS and I don't get light. I only get it if I drive straight 80+mph and over an hr of driving but it goes away when I shutdown the car. I have 19X9.5 and 19X10.5 and the only thing I can see different is I have Silver and yours is black:D

haha!! Yeah, our apologies to the OP. You know what, I had an 05 6MT coupe and the tire pressure light would turn off even when I had wheels. Maybe 06's are different cuz on this G, it stays on. :dunno:

FI'ed G 07-18-2007 03:36 PM

haha!! Yeah, our apologies to the OP. You know what, I had an 05 6MT coupe and the tire pressure light would turn off even when I had wheels. Maybe 06's are different cuz on this G, it stays on. :dunno:

I guess that is it, I have an 05 6mt.

Ok,
Back to topic.

imalazeeass 07-18-2007 04:57 PM

thats weird, they should still reset and turn off. I lost my TPMS long time ago and and light has been off. It only comes on after long road trips but then turns off the next day. Check with your dealer.

You know what that means then right.. 03 04 and 05 > 06 :)

helldorado 07-18-2007 05:17 PM

Check out Philthy's car. He has the gauges over the center panel where the clock and HVAC readout is. You'll have to fabricate it yourself or find a shop to do it, but you can easily fit 3 gauges in there, it'll be clean and doesn't obscure your view. I think G352NV and a couple other people might've done it as well.