Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Mounting a UTEC in a G35 coupe - GrrRrr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Mounting a UTEC in a G35 coupe - GrrRrr

So I've searched and read through a lot of different suggestions, but I cannot still for the life of me get this thing mounted. Does anyone have pics of how they have theirs mounted up there? more suggestions? I tried removing the whole ECU bracket to make room, and I tried zip tieing it up there, but still can't. Maybe velcro...

I may just leave this thing hanging down and sitting behind my carpet if I can't get it installed.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i tried installing mine too when i first got it. read around and found out the bracket has to be cut because its made for the Z. so then i got it up there with zip ties but it wasnt high enough to put the panel underneath back on. i took it off and when i went to have it tuned i got it installed by jeremy at performance factory in orlando. perfect install. panel goes on. glovebox closes perfect. couldnt even tell it was there.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't know where most people put their Utec, but my ultimate is bolted to the bottom panel under the lower glove box. I've had no issues of people kicking it or anything like that and it's easy to connect to The ECU is on the other side of the panel. This is the best pic I have. In the second image, you can see it bolted to that black piece.

Attached Thumbnails Mounting a UTEC in a G35 coupe - GrrRrr-ultimate.jpg   Mounting a UTEC in a G35 coupe - GrrRrr-img_4966.jpg  

Last edited by 617G; 11-12-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
So faaar i have the feeling that my setup is the best :P i didn`t even cut anything, my only issue is the black plastic cover which covers the Blower , on the right side its mounted by a Cable tie because of the UTEC, a Tip For all ya over there, why didn`t anyone of you think of sandwiching the UTEC between the Firewall and the Glovebox, here is how i did it :

sorry about the pics i took them from the UTEC manual but at least they will give u the idea, sorry i currently don`t have a good cam to snap some shoots of what is done in my car :/

First of all do it like this, and don`t use the Factory Bracket anymore, BUT BEWARE, Factory Bracket is used to deliver ground signal to the chassis so now you have to do at least connect pin 1 ( which is already included with the UTEC its a Molex connector use the black wire ) and connect it to the chassis, or use alternative way of making a connection between the stock ECU and the UTEC and connect it to the chassis

ok now you have to put it this way i mean exactly like like this, you may have to force fitting it in there because of the stock Blower Unit but believe me it will fit, you can fit it there using a Re-Usable Big Cable tie with whatever Hard part of the chassis you find is usable.

Here is the exact place to give u an idea where to look at.

as i told u the only problem u will face is the black plastic cover which covers the blower unit, some of u won`t consider this as a issue

Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
^^ so every time you need to connect to the utec you have to rip stuff apart or do you leave the serial cable dangling?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by 617G
^^ so every time you need to connect to the utec you have to rip stuff apart or do you leave the serial cable dangling?
The only thing u need is the USB Cable am i right ? just hide it somewhere and everytime u wanna connect to the UTEC take it out and thats all, its been a year since TXS released the last firmware, so the only reason u need to take the UTEC out is the Firmware upgrade issue only.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Jeremy at PF installed my UTEC too. The cover under the glove box fits and looks OEM.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I mounted mine and had to trim the under cover. Will take pics this weekend when I'm redoing some of the wirings.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know how big a UTEC is but here is how my HKS FCon iS is mounted. This is on the passenger side and when the panel is on, you can't tell that there is anything there. Fits perfectly.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:51 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by NETSHARK
The only thing u need is the USB Cable am i right ? just hide it somewhere and everytime u wanna connect to the UTEC take it out and thats all, its been a year since TXS released the last firmware, so the only reason u need to take the UTEC out is the Firmware upgrade issue only.
no offense, but u wish it was a USB haha...it's a serial connection

Old 11-12-2007, 06:59 PM
The UTEC has a USB also.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Team Transport Member
just toss it and get Greddy EMU it fits perfect in the kick panel and its shinny chrome...

JK

Old 11-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Florida G35 Club
i use the usb for the utech. the utech is mounted so that whenever i want to plug the usb in jus take off the panel on the bottom and plus in the usb. its a printer cable. literally 30 seconds to connect to the utech through the laptop. ill try and take pictures tomorrow and post them if you need em. let me know

Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by 617G
no offense, but u wish it was a USB haha...it's a serial connection

Uh, the utec is USB AND Serial. I've only used the USB though.
Weren't you selling one a few weeks ago..?

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307514

lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mounting a UTEC in a G35 coupe - GrrRrr