Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Whose VB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Whose VB?

I'm running around like crazy trying to find a place that has a VB upgrade program that has a core program that they actually stock.

SPG and Z1 are out. and Level 10 wants 1,000 for the core.

Any others do a core program that yall know of?

Or have a upgraded VB are willing to sell.?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was searching a few weeks ago, and couldn't find any place with a core. i ended up just sending mine to SFR (it's there right now). talk to Tim if you go that route...

Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
you're not going to find a core program because not all VB's are the same...it's too much hassle to try to do it...just take the week downtime and ship yours out

Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
that sucks-- If I have any more downtime on my G im going to start cutting myself-- all this money so much downtime-- I wanna drive the freaking thing sometime.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Jtrain
that sucks-- If I have any more downtime on my G im going to start cutting myself-- all this money so much downtime-- I wanna drive the freaking thing sometime.
LMAO, my car was down for 4 months last year...I only drove it for 3 months and now it's back in the shop It's the price you pay when going FI

Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM
thats why I bought an SRT8- I can still have fun.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:34 AM
I never heard of sfr before so i would just stick with spg. At first I had the stillen vb and that was a joke (feels like stock) and now I have the spg vb and that is the real deal. I'm chirping 1-2 and sometimes 3rd and it's running like a champ. The down time is around 2 wks or less if u keep bugging them about getting it done and shipping it overnite to them.

I was like u before wanting the vb to be done fast so i went with the stillen (3days total) and now I had to pay double the price/more downtime just bc I was in a hurry... just spend the extra cash and suck up the cost of the downtime and do it right the first time.

Trending Topics

Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I never heard of sfr before so i would just stick with spg. At first I had the stillen vb and that was a joke (feels like stock) and now I have the spg vb and that is the real deal. I'm chirping 1-2 and sometimes 3rd and it's running like a champ. The down time is around 2 wks or less if u keep bugging them about getting it done and shipping it overnite to them.

I was like u before wanting the vb to be done fast so i went with the stillen (3days total) and now I had to pay double the price/more downtime just bc I was in a hurry... just spend the extra cash and suck up the cost of the downtime and do it right the first time.
+ 1 on this as i have a forged performance v/b which is the same as the sgp.I can easily chirp 1,2,3 and sometimes 4th and when im boosting the 1-2 and1-3 shift will spin pretty easily and the shift,s are quite fast.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD

you've never heard of Speed Force Racing???

it's an awesome shop in San Diego... they have a TT kit out for the VQ:
http://www.speedforceracing.com/

Tim from SFR is very active on the my350z forums... and their VB price beats anyone out there...

Old 11-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
^ How much? You can pm me the price if you like.

I'm still looking at upgrading my stillen VB once my car gets out the shop.

IMO the stillen would be good for a N/A or SC set-up the torque comes on too fast and high in a turbo set-up for it to shift on time.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by rockd
you've never heard of Speed Force Racing???

it's an awesome shop in San Diego... they have a TT kit out for the VQ:
http://www.speedforceracing.com/

Tim from SFR is very active on the my350z forums... and their VB price beats anyone out there...

built tranny for 3g is a good deal but 900 for their tq converter and 700 for install is a bit over the top. Their site doesnt really talk about the vb only that they make it to withstand alittle more line pressure compared to stock.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
nobody commented about GTM`s VB is it as good as SGP/FP ?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by NETSHARK
nobody commented about GTM`s VB is it as good as SGP/FP ?
i read somewhere a person had one and didnt really feel much different to stock. FP doesnt make one anymore bc it had too many problems so sgp is the only one that doesnt have any issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.