Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

06 G35 Looking For a Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 G35 Looking For a Turbo Kit

Hey guys what’s up, I have a 06 g35 coupe and I’m looking to turbo it. I was going to get the turbonetics kit until I found out they don’t make anything for a 06. The funny thing is I called them and asked if it would work and I had one guy say it would work just need a new tune then I called back and had another guy say it wouldn’t fit at all on top of that they seemed like they didn’t give to ****s about my business.

So I’m asking you guys what will work for my car?

I am looking at the Greddy TT kit and called Gruppe-S and they said that it will fit no problem just needs the e-manage to have a new tune. Is this true? Also I heard you have to pull your engine to put in a TT kit is that true as well. Any info will help!!

Thanks Michael.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i've seen an 06 w/ a TN kit so i dont know why they would say it doesnt fit

all you need is a utec

contact the guys at Performance Factory for further detail

Old 12-13-2007, 08:43 PM
You do not HAVE to pull the engine to install the TT kit but it makes it A LOT easier if you pull the engine. I have done both in engine bay and out of bay installs and the out of bay install is much easier, but in the engine bay can be done just a ton of work!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:57 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
TN, APS TT, JWT TT, and Greddy TT all work with minor modification. The TN kid, you have to move something, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. The Greddy TT is the easiest one in terms of no modification needed.

The reason the Greddy TT is such a PITA to install is because it's a PITA to remove the headers and put in the Greddy manifolds. The easiest way to install it is to use a 2 post lift, put a rack underneath the engine to hold it, disconnect everything and lift up the car. You can install it in roughly 8 hours this way.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
i've seen an 06 w/ a TN kit so i dont know why they would say it doesnt fit

all you need is a utec

contact the guys at Performance Factory for further detail

I have never herd of Performance Factory can you hook me up with some details about them?

Also, i think i am going to look into the TT because i herd its faster then the single.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Gbiker
i think i am going to look into the TT because i herd its faster then the single.

damn dude, r u a turbo noob? sounds like it... in any case, you should learn as much as possible about turbos before you slap one on, for your own sake....
the TT gives you more power lower in the RPM so it feels faster, but bigger single turbos have more HP potential and are faster higher up in the RPM, I always prefer TT because I daily drive the car, I dont wanna have to wait even a split second for my boost to kick in...

Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Adon
damn dude, r u a turbo noob? sounds like it... in any case, you should learn as much as possible about turbos before you slap one on, for your own sake....
the TT gives you more power lower in the RPM so it feels faster, but bigger single turbos have more HP potential and are faster higher up in the RPM, I always prefer TT because I daily drive the car, I dont wanna have to wait even a split second for my boost to kick in...
I wouldn't say that i am a noob. i would just say that the stuff i know was put to rest when i called TN. And i did know that i was just trying to see what you all thought. I have never owned a turbo car so...

Old 12-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
talks like a noob, acts like a noob.. must be a noob

..just kidding man, but seriously research this alot before you jump head in to FI

Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
talks like a noob, acts like a noob.. must be a noob

..just kidding man, but seriously research this alot before you jump head in to FI
Haha, yea well maybe i am a noob.... But, i have been reading a ton. I know how everything works and what kits are out there. But, for some reason i thought they made kits for 06 and i guess they are all for 04 and can be put on a 06 car with some mods (same motor just rev up). Which is a problem for me because i want something that is made for my car and tested you know? I liked the fact i could buy a kit and have everything with instructions and no chance of something not being there. Anyways, im going to keep looking and learning but i thank all you guys for the help and try and get me some more info on that company.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:08 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Haha, yea well maybe i am a noob.... But, i have been reading a ton. I know how everything works and what kits are out there. But, for some reason i thought they made kits for 06 and i guess they are all for 04 and can be put on a 06 car with some mods (same motor just rev up). Which is a problem for me because i want something that is made for my car and tested you know? I liked the fact i could buy a kit and have everything with instructions and no chance of something not being there. Anyways, im going to keep looking and learning but i thank all you guys for the help and try and get me some more info on that company.
the reason there are no kits specifically for 06-07 is because almost all the 03-04 kits work

Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I wouldn't say that i am a noob. i would just say that the stuff i know was put to rest when i called TN. And i did know that i was just trying to see what you all thought. I have never owned a turbo car so...

have you driven a turbo car before though ? because it's pretty much a day and night difference, even more so if you go single turbo, because when you're out and about driving miss daisy and all of the sudden the boost kicks in, it can get real nasty in a matter of miliseconds... it's just something to watch out for, so if you've never driven a turbo car before then just take it easy with yours once you slap the turbo on it, the turbo also has a break in period just like the engine, so taking it easy and learning the do's and dont's will definitely keep your car out the gutter and you'll have a permagrin on your face once you really get the hang of it...

I'm not talkin out my a$$ either, I've owned a 300whp 94 TT RX-7 for a while till I blew one of the turbos (my first turbo car by the way, so when I say take it easy, lol I speak from my own stupid mistakes) I've driven my friends 500whp 93 Single Turbo RX-7 enough times to get used to it, and also used to drive around my friends 400whp TT 95 Toyota Supra, now the Supras are something else man, I'll tell ya.... the combination of it's monster low end torque and the boost kicking in higher up in the RPM, is jussssstt.... there's no words to explain it

Old 12-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Adon
have you driven a turbo car before though ? because it's pretty much a day and night difference, even more so if you go single turbo, because when you're out and about driving miss daisy and all of the sudden the boost kicks in, it can get real nasty in a matter of miliseconds... it's just something to watch out for, so if you've never driven a turbo car before then just take it easy with yours once you slap the turbo on it, the turbo also has a break in period just like the engine, so taking it easy and learning the do's and dont's will definitely keep your car out the gutter and you'll have a permagrin on your face once you really get the hang of it...

I'm not talkin out my a$$ either, I've owned a 300whp 94 TT RX-7 for a while till I blew one of the turbos (my first turbo car by the way, so when I say take it easy, lol I speak from my own stupid mistakes) I've driven my friends 500whp 93 Single Turbo RX-7 enough times to get used to it, and also used to drive around my friends 400whp TT 95 Toyota Supra, now the Supras are something else man, I'll tell ya.... the combination of it's monster low end torque and the boost kicking in higher up in the RPM, is jussssstt.... there's no words to explain it
Yea i have driven my friends stage 2 sti and a supra. I know how to drive and if i get it im turning down the bost until i cant build my engine a bit.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an 06 coupe that i recently turbocharged. i went with the greddy setup cause u can get more power out of it in the long run. but it wasnt cheap i tell ya. but the car runs lke a champ with no problem but make sure you have someone who can tune it. tuning is the most important factor.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Just get a supercharger, it looks likes its going to be easier for you And it really depends on how much power you're looking for on top of what mods you have. Save your self, time, money, and ease of mind just get a supercharger. I suggest Procharger or Vortech. You want to be ultimately safe just a get a weenie stillen. Youll be happy. But besides that if you wanna go turbo i suggest the greddy tt all the way!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Man, I sure hope it works cause I just layed down some serious jack for a Turbonetics system on my 06' coupe this last week. Went to Gruppe-s in Lake Forrest (aka Dynamic Automotive).