Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Another Greddy TT on a Relentless Autosports built motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Greddy TT on a Relentless Autosports built motor

This car came to us with a basic Greddy TT kit on blown (stock) motor. This car had been done by another shop previously and had lived up to a good amount of abuse for about 28k miles (boosted) at about 7psi, and 48k total miles. This car was running on the stock fuel pump, 440cc inj., and an E-Manage blue.
On teardown, we were real quick to realize that this was one of the worst blown motors that we have ever seen. The block was broken in about four places, the crank was badly bent, the heads were destroyed. There wasn't much left of the internals, and most of the rods and pistons were not even recognizable.

We built the customer a new motor using our standard build with our own rods & pistons, and some JWT C2 cams. We initially were going to sell the Greddy kit for him and install a new JWT 700BB TT kit and operating system, but temperary financiall problems that the customer was having had us just opt to send out the Greddy turbos to be refurbished, as we found quite a bit of debris in them.
When the motor was done and the turbos came back, we installed everything as it was before. The car was driven around by myself and the customer at a mild 5psi just for break-in purposes for about 2k miles.

Just yesterday we got the car back on the dyno to be tuned and to add a bit more boost. We tuned it at the Dyno Shop on one of their Dyno Dinamics dynos.

Now keep in mind that this car is still being hindered by the lack of fuel so we were not able to make the monster numbers that we know we can from this motor, so we were limited to about 10psi. That is just about when it started to run out of fuel and start to get lean.

The customer is very pleased with his car and with our suggestions, has opted to come back in about a month so that we can upgrade the control box to a split second unit (the same one we use on our JWT TT kits), a JWT FMU, some 550cc injectorsere, and a Walbro 255 fuel pump.

Here is the (temperary) results, can't wait to get this car back and put some more power to it and show again what our motors are capable of.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello... This is My G that they are working on. I just drove it after tuning and before it started to rain and I am very pleased. Power Band is good, car idles nicely. Scott @ Relentless has been very good. He has provided the best service I have seen from a shop, ever. Top notch guy and has done everything he said he would and more.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
good to hear another RA build - def post up #s after the upgrade!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
very nice

Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Great work. I'm shocked to see the stock fuel pump go that far!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Looks good, yeah surprised on what the stocker can do.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
congrats to both of you Scott's! I'm glad you finally got the car back up and running after it blew.
-GP-

Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
once that emanage blue is gone, everything is much happier

Old 02-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Do people here have no idea what kind of incompetent criminals VRT/Relentless are? http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...88#post3993588

Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by threatcon07
Do people here have no idea what kind of incompetent criminals VRT/Relentless are? http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...88#post3993588
i love when people with minimal posts come in and talk crap about people that were part of a company where the original owner was an A$$HAT! and all they know is what they read on a forum, which 99% of is heresay. Scott and Mark are good guys that are trying to do the best for themselves even though they get tied to the VRT bull$hit that all went down.
-GP-

Old 02-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I love it when people chime in who know nothing about the people they are standing up for. Youre saying that I have to have a lot of posts so that I can expose what I know about a bunch of criminals? LOL. There are things that relate directly to the people mentioned, not just to the fact that they were "tied" to a criminal conspiracy which dba VRT. Here's a thread about Relentless, not VRT. http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308955 But since this 99% heresay, you can come up with your own conclusions about it.

Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
i love when people with minimal posts come in and talk crap about people that were part of a company where the original owner was an A$$HAT! and all they know is what they read on a forum, which 99% of is heresay. Scott and Mark are good guys that are trying to do the best for themselves even though they get tied to the VRT bull$hit that all went down.
-GP-

Last edited by threatcon07; 02-09-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:17 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

I love it when people chime in who know nothing about the people they are standing up for. Youre saying that I have to have a lot of posts so that I can expose what I know about a bunch of criminals? LOL. There are things that relate directly to the people mentioned, not just to the fact that they were "tied" to a criminal conspiracy which dba VRT.
or the fact that i've personally been around the entire time this scandal has gone on??? I wouldnt stick up for 2 guys trying to clear their names from VRT if i didnt personally know them and know that they are not guilty of the accusations being held against them. Go ahead and go back on my350z with all the other immature internet punks that like to bash people they know absolutely nothing about.
-GP-

Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Grocery getter

I love it when people chime in who know nothing about the people they are standing up for. Youre saying that I have to have a lot of posts so that I can expose what I know about a bunch of criminals? LOL. There are things that relate directly to the people mentioned, not just to the fact that they were "tied" to a criminal conspiracy which dba VRT. Here's a thread about Relentless, not VRT. http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...t=308955Though they are basically the same people. But since this 99% heresay, you can come up with your own conclusions about it.

OK so tell us exactly what you know (is fact) about the OP...

Don't just make open claims about everyone at a company unless you can go far enough to show proof that they also ""tied" to a criminal conspiracy".

I'm not saying you are wrong or right but give us some proof.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Grocery getter

OK I just went and read that first post from Sharif. I have so much respect for him and have made many purchases from them. He is one of the best and most helpful vendors on here and my350z.

Sorry Grant but I have to say that makes me wonder a lot. I'll read the rest tomorrow but that is not good...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Greddy TT on a Relentless Autosports built motor