Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Twin turbo g35 coupe 06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin turbo g35 coupe 06

I'm buying a 2006 manual g35c and want to put a twin turbo system on it what else would need to be installed besides the turbo package and how much are we talking money wise. Like how much for an ecu a good tuning... Do I need better fuel injectors etc...

Old 01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Banned
search that ? has been asked 100 times

Old 01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Banned
Ok then why don't you give me a productive response instead of being a smart a**

Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by macdaddies911
Ok then why don't you give me a productive response instead of being a smart a**

ok guys who've been on the forum for a while feel this way about it. Anybody coming on the forum asking a question that's already been answered 100 times is like them walking into a bar asking the bartender how much a bottle of beer is, when there's already a huge sign on the front door, and the bar stand telling you the price. So search and you'll find your answers a lot quicker than waiting around for a valid response, that's my advice. And just to answer your question real quick, you're looking at close to 10 grand for a conservative turbo install, I'm talking around 400whp, and on a stock engine. If you wanna up the boost past 500 you're gonna need to take apart your whole engine and get it reinforced, and then you're looking at anywhere between 10k and 25k

Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Chill man, what you are asking is kind of a loaded question. first thing you need to do is research what type of kit you are looking for. then you need to figure out your horsepower goals and whether or not you are building the motor or not. then you need to figure out what guages you want, exhaust, ecu, etc.......what the other guy was trying to say is that this question has been asked over 100o's of times and have 1000's of different answers. read the archives in this section or in the F/I section on my350z.com. i guarantee you will find the turbo setup you are looking for. if after that you still have questions, shoot me a pm and try to be as specific as possible.

peace.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
^+1

Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Adon
ok guys who've been on the forum for a while feel this way about it. Anybody coming on the forum asking a question that's already been answered 100 times is like them walking into a bar asking the bartender how much a bottle of beer is, when there's already a huge sign on the front door, and the bar stand telling you the price. So search and you'll find your answers a lot quicker than waiting around for a valid response, that's my advice. And just to answer your question real quick, you're looking at close to 10 grand for a conservative turbo install, I'm talking around 400whp, and on a stock engine. If you wanna up the boost past 500 you're gonna need to take apart your whole engine and get it reinforced, and then you're looking at anywhere between 10k and 25k

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

.................................................. ................................................
macdaddies911 ....Ok then why don't you give me a productive response instead of being a smart a**
.................................................. .................................................. .....^^^^^^^Your lucky the forum police havent showed up yet to give you the bashing of your life..........lmfao !!!!

I was being kind . The old me...lol...would have given you the buisness !!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by booger
search that ? has been asked 100 times
He speaks the truth though. I am sure he does not mean to be a smartass but this has beed answered plenty of times. He is probably just annoyed but a great guy at the same time.

Do you plan on doing the install yourself? If not labor can be pricey. However it is worth the money. You do not want to mess up and cause more problems than you can handle. Also, look for a reputable shop that backs up their work(I am not going to name them because a little search will do you well. I do not like to give out names since people have their own opinion on them, form your own). Lets be honest, ALL and EVERY shop no matter how great they are, mess up once in a while. But it takes a great shop to stand up and fix their mistake. I will say stay away from VRT though(Atleast that is what I have read/heard. Read up on them).

Now answer these questions:
What kind of power would you like(What rwhp?)?
Are you planning on building your engine?
Price limit?
Daily driver or track use, or both?
Are you a troll (Had to throw this in here because I do not want you to waste my time nor others on the board)

Once you answer these questions and SEARCH, I will be back in to help you out with what I know(Grant you I am not the best at this but I will try).

In general:
TT/tune = $7000-$10000(General figures)
Built Block = $3500-However much you want to pay(Can get very pricey)

Check these sites out for prices:
http://www.forgedperformance.com/store/home.php
http://gtmotorsports.test.gatesix.com/index.php
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/home/

But please man, seach. I can not stress this enough.

-AGThing1227

Last edited by AGThing1227; 01-20-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by macdaddies911
He's not really being a smartass. I suggest you spend some time researching the Forced Induction forum on this site, as well as the Forced Induction forum over at my350z.com. It really has been covered over and over.

Trust me, don't make a move on forced induction yet. You have to really understand what you're getting yourself into before you make such a big move financially.

Goodluck!