Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

So many turbo kits, which one to choose??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AGThing1227
That's funny man. A real jokester.
Hahha, I was actually being serious, but I usually try to be humorous in my posts lol

Thats why 99% of people buy an aftermarket exhaust or have a custom one made. 530BB are way to small? Ha, yea they are small compared to other's but lets be for real, those turbos will out power the stock block.
What does exhaust have to do with anything? If you go FI, you NEED and aftermarket exhaust regardless because the stock one doesn't flow well enough.

Every other turbo kit comes with bigger turbo's. The stock Greddy kit is capable of 7-800 hp with the turbo's that come with the kit. As soon as you build your motor with a 530BB kit, you need to upgrade it to the 700BB kit. This means that the consumer/tuner will face increased costs of not only buying the extra kit, but the extra install charges for that new kit.

This is kind of rude but I think you are ment to be in a riced out civic than a G. But thats MY opinion.Also about the intercooler, Thats why you do not work for JWT. They made it for the front bumper of the G. Why would you have an intercooler that is blocked by the bumper cover, like Greddy?
I have never owned a "riced out" car. I've had a 450 whp 300zx with the twin intercooler setup and they were placed in their locations for same reason as the JWT kit, but pretty much everybody switched to a front mount setup, which every other FI kit for the G and Z comes with.

I know that's why JWT used the twin intercooler setup, but because if you are going as far as turbo, you are going to upgrade everything else, including the G's front bumper.

Further, If the bumper was used in consideration of the JWT kit, then why does the 350 Z have the dual intercooler setup? They have one opening in their bumpers which would be more suited for a single intercooler setup.

Now do NOT say well they make aftermarket bumper covers, because I know they do. But does that mean everyone will buy one? NO. Im going to stop now.
Ummmm, plenty have run the stock bumper with the front mount intercooler setup. It's not as efficient has getting an aftermarket bumper, but the stock G bumper does not completely cover the front mount intercooler setups.

Further, everybody buys new bumpers when they are modding (we are all ricers lol). JWT owners can only get lips for their stock bumpers or get the Nismo bumper because the twin intercooler setup doesn't really work/look appealing with every other aftermarket bumper. This again is poor development and planning by JWT IMO.

Sorry I'm in a rough mood, school sucked.

-AGThing1227
Tell me about it lol

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 03-26-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Hahha, I was actually being serious, but I usually try to be humorous in my posts lol

What does exhaust have to do with anything? If you go FI, you NEED and aftermarket exhaust regardless because the stock one doesn't flow well enough.

Every other turbo kit comes with bigger turbo's. The stock Greddy kit is capable of 7-800 hp with the turbo's that come with the kit. As soon as you build your motor with a 530BB kit, you need to upgrade it to the 700BB kit. This means that the consumer/tuner will face increased costs of not only buying the extra kit, but the extra install charges for that new kit.

I have never owned a "riced out" car. I've had a 450 whp 300zx with the twin intercooler setup and they were placed in their locations for same reason as the JWT kit, but pretty much everybody switched to a front mount setup, which every other FI kit for the G and Z comes with.

I know that's why JWT used the twin intercooler setup, but because if you are going as far as turbo, you are going to upgrade everything else, including the G's front bumper.

Further, If the bumper was used in consideration of the JWT kit, then why does the 350 Z have the dual intercooler setup? They have one opening in their bumpers which would be more suited for a single intercooler setup.

Ummmm, plenty have run the stock bumper with the front mount intercooler setup. It's not as efficient has getting an aftermarket bumper, but the stock G bumper does not completely cover the front mount intercooler setups.

Further, everybody buys new bumpers when they are modding (we are all ricers lol). JWT owners can only get lips for their stock bumpers or get the Nismo bumper because the twin intercooler setup doesn't really work/look appealing with every other aftermarket bumper. This again is poor development and planning by JWT IMO.

Tell me about it lol
Yea, but I think JWT had in mind that some people prefer the ctock look of the bumper. I mean the FMIC works great with any bumper. However I would love to see results with the greddy FMIC and stock bumper. I'm curious. Today was just one of those days when you just don't care and everything snowballs into a big mess. Today sucks!

Old 03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually hate the JWT exhaust. The piping is horribly small, inefficiently designed (IMO) and the twin intercooler setup used in the kit I think stupid for a car with only one throttle body. Also, what's the point of having boost if you can't have a ricey bov? lol

However, plenty have the JWT kit, and plenty make really really good power with it. It is too stock looking for me and the 530BB kit turbo's are way too small IMO

Please dont post this garbage over at my350Z.com....they will eat you alive.

If you intend to build your motor in the future but want a turbo now....you can install the 700BB on a stock motor.

I am pushing WAY over 600whp with the JWT intercooler and it works fine.

Shows how much you know....you can install a BOV on this kit....I know...because I have one and some people install 2 !!

BTW: I agree with the other poster....you sound like a Ricer

Last edited by XKR; 03-26-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR

If you intend to build your motor in the future but want a turbo now....you can install the 700BB on a stock motor.

Shows how much you know....you can install a BOV on this kit....I know...because I have one and some people install 2 !!

All i will say is well said.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Forgot to mention my co-worker has a stock Miata...so I suspect some jealousy!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by XKR

@ WAY over 600whp whats your 1/4 time if you have dragged it? im just curious to how the G will compare to my old EvoIX

Old 03-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR

Not disagreeing with you bud. Read my response to the guy you quoted chief.

Originally Posted by XKR
Yeah, but they don't come with. You people need to think before you post.

Originally Posted by XKR
Ummmm, look at my mods. I have absolutely no ricey mods, only JDM ones. IDIOTS!!

Originally Posted by superchargedg
All i will say is well said.
Apparently you can't read for yourself and can only jump on the band wagon.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by shdowflare
Forgot to mention my co-worker has a stock Miata...so I suspect some jealousy!
True. Also I would like to know about the 1/4 mile also.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 PM
XKR
Ummmm, look at my mods. I have absolutely no ricey mods, only JDM ones. IDIOTS!!
OK....my bad you are not a Ricer.....you sound like an angry Ricer

Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by DelawareG35
@ WAY over 600whp whats your 1/4 time if you have dragged it? im just curious to how the G will compare to my old EvoIX
I have it set up for road racing....plus i suck at drag racing

Others with around the same setup have gotten low 11's. I am very sure that with a good driver and slicks running over 17psi they could get it into high 10's.

A lot of weight has been removed from the car.....

Last edited by XKR; 03-27-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by XKR

Others with around the same setup have gotten low 11's. I am very sure that with a good driver and slicks running over 17psi they could get it into high 10's.

iight thanks for the info..

Old 03-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by DelawareG35
iight thanks for the info..
Yea thanks. But I think 600+whp sounds good enough .

Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
All things being equal.....600rwhp on a good tire (super sticky radial, or ET street, etc) would be a high 10 in the low 130's (again thats taking away a lot of variables of course)...

T

Originally Posted by XKR

Old 03-27-2008, 05:22 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by thom000001
All things being equal.....600rwhp on a good tire (super sticky radial, or ET street, etc) would be a high 10 in the low 130's (again thats taking away a lot of variables of course)...

T
Yup....With me driving...I would get the 130's....but more like in 12'sec for me..

Old 03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
Yup....With me driving...I would get the 130's....but more like in 12'sec for me..

Practice makes perfect.. even the best of the best started off the same.

I have a set goal for 600rwhp anything higher is a bonus.. probably going with a GTM shortblock and the greddy TT kit. and a lil custom work here and there

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So many turbo kits, which one to choose??