Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

BUILT NON Revup into revup? and TT question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008 | 08:44 PM
|
BUILT NON Revup into revup? and TT question

I'm in a dillema here. I have a built NON revup motor from a 05 Z, I have a REVUP on my 05 G35. I am planning on swapping the engine. I spoke with few people such as Kyle from houston (the engine builder on this forum) and he says I will be fine if I reuse my revup head and match/install the built non revup block (so replace the nonrevup head with my revup head). Will I have any other issues? ECU should be fine because i'm just using the block. What about timing chain and oil pump and all that?

Question part two. A buddy has a 350z greddy tt kit minus the I/C kit. If i drop that into my G with the above motor, what modifications do i need to do? And for the intercooler kit, do I need to purchase the one for the G or the Z? before all that what exactly is the difference between the G tt kit and the Z tt kit as well as the difference between G intercooler kit and the Z intercooler kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 06-01-2008 | 11:21 AM
Littering and...
Didn't you already post this on my350z?

Take everything off your revup motor and swap the blocks. You will need everything from the revup for it to work correctly, especially the timing equipment.

If it is the kit minus the IC and piping, it bolts right up. The only difference is in the IC and the associated piping. So buy the piping for your G and you'll be good to go. Make sure you pick up a decent EMS (FCon/Haltech/ProEFI).