Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Zex smart nitrous system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zex smart nitrous system

I am thinking of adding a nitrous system to my G. How much work is involved in doing this (the install) and what are the negative ramifications to my engine vs. using a supercharger. What all do I need too? I was looking at revhighonline.com and found this http://www.revhighonline.com/page.ph...00000000004745 . I know that the nitrous would only give me the hp when I use it vs. always having it with the supercharger but I just want to be able to eat some people with the G and don't want to spend the $5000 for the vortech or stillen.

Any advice?

Thanks,

-Jeremy

Just got the G! :-)~

Old 04-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Re: Zex smart nitrous system

I was also wanting to do a NOS kit. I am still awaiting a "dedicated" kit from one of the manufacturers. My installer would not do one without a kit that is specifically made for our engine. So I am still waiting.

B. Silver| Loaded to the "Brim"| 20" Iforged Rims - Flux| Pop-Charger | Z-Tube | Nismo Cosmetics | GroundGear Equipped | Borla TD | "Custom" Stereo - JL/Focal/Eclipse

Old 04-26-2004, 06:45 PM

Why wait, there are loads of people using the non-application specific kits for our cars and the Z's, not to mention Altima's and Maxima's, which all have our engines. Go for it. A lot of the manufactures are going towards generic kits anyways. IT's easier to produce.

’03 G35S 6MT, black/black:
-Zex n20 Kit 150-shot & Bottle Opener
-Amsoil Air/Oil Filters & Oil
-Digital Nitrous Pressure Gauge & A/F Switch/Gauge
-Pressure-based Bottle Warmer
-MSD Window Switch

Old 04-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edelbrock has a Victor Series kit designed specifically for the VQ35DE...It's on their show 350Z and utilizes two bottles...The Edelbrock Z is producing 354HP and 344Lb-Ft, on 100 octane 76 Cool Blue racing fuel and is a dry set-up...Initially, the set-up pumped out 295HP and 275Lb-Ft on 91 octane pump fuel and size 36 jets...Check out the February 2004 Super Street article "Feeling the Pressure", on page 128...And it just so happens to come with full-color, fully detailed instructions for the install from pages 130 to133

If you're feeling really trick, snag the carbon fiber-wrapped bottle with it's specially designed black quick-release bottle mount

"All the Power in the World resides in the Eyes..."

Old 04-28-2004, 02:30 AM

Cloudkid, this isn't meant to be an insult, but I have serious doubts about the competence of your installer. There is absolutely no need for a "car specific" nitrous kit. Is the installer simply too lazy to cut the lines to the correct length or to research the correct jetting size? (These things would take about 5 minutes to accomplish)

I have the Zex Wet kit and am very happy with it. I say go for it. Just make sure your car is well tuned, especially if you are planning to go with more than a 75 shot.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:52 AM

gdupg35 how long have you had the nitrous on your car? and how often do you use it? is it a progressive shot?

Old 04-28-2004, 12:03 PM

Do you have part numbers, etc for me to check out? I was surprised when my installer said they same thing to me as they own HP Racing. They have 1100 Horsepower cars all over their shop. these are RW HP cars. They build and race cars. That is all they do for a living. Cars with dual superchargers and nitrous. BUT all of these are "Domestic". So I think they want to play it 2 easy. I will talk to them today about it and if you have some part numbers Edelbrock, Zex I will see what I can do. Also can you give us any feedback with what you used for your installation? That would be nice if you could tell us what you have on your G.

B. Silver| Loaded to the "Brim"| 20" Iforged Rims - Flux| Pop-Charger | Z-Tube | Nismo Cosmetics | GroundGear Equipped | Borla TD | "Custom" Stereo - JL/Focal/Eclipse

Old 04-28-2004, 02:35 PM

I'm not sure about any of the specifics other than the Kit being a Zex Wet kit. My installer used one of the kits he had in stock (a generic kit I believe).

The only options I have are a bottle pressure gauge. I'm waiting to get the purge, and remote bottle opener.

I've had the kit for about 9 months or so.

Here's the number for Zex - 1-888-817-1008. Perhaps they can give you exact part numbers, and additional information.

Old 04-28-2004, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the phone number. I have called them up and got a kit through my dealer today. If anyone is interested the part number for the Zex Kit is #82021. The purge kit is #82010 and the bottle heater is #82006. I am not sure of the remote control opener. Retail was fairly high on this one. Anyone have any suggestion on the gauges? Anyone mounted them on the A-pillar or using a Dual or Triple? Nit/Fuel/EGT or Nit/Fuel? Im ready to juice this 3.5...........................<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by cloudkid on 04/28/04 02:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-29-2004, 10:05 AM

I too am looking at this setup. I may go with the Nitrous Express setup since the 350z guys say it is much more complete.

Which window switch are you guys using? Was it just plug and play or did it require modifications?

http://usastreetracing.com/images/vi...aos2teaser.wmv

DOWNLOAD THE TEASER VIDEO BY CLICKING ON THE LINK