Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Boost hard on traction control?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost hard on traction control?

Cars been boosted for like a year now, all the work was done at PF and was done flawlessly...ive not had any problems with it at ALL, until now.

Here is what is happening:

Regular driving around town with VDC on...no problems.

When i drive aggressively, get into a decent amount of boost where the tires would usually start slipping, it breaks loose even with VDC on... like its not working. It almost seems like it tries to work then stops. After doing that the BRAKE light, SLIP light and VDC light stays on, and traction control no longer wants to work at all...this makes me feel uncomfortable driving around without it on. It never did this until this winter when the temps dipped below 30, do you think the cold messed a traction control sensor up? Do you think the boost finally wore a sensor or the control module out?

anyone advice is appriciated and thanks for taking the time to read it.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
have you checked your brake fluid? i know it sounds random, but my Z did the same thing with the lights and that was my issue, so just a thought.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I would turn off the VDC if u going to boost hard. Not sure why u want it on bc it always start to bogg and rob hp.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by BoostinJaxLR
Cars been boosted for like a year now, all the work was done at PF and was done flawlessly...ive not had any problems with it at ALL, until now.

Here is what is happening:

Regular driving around town with VDC on...no problems.

When i drive aggressively, get into a decent amount of boost where the tires would usually start slipping, it breaks loose even with VDC on... like its not working. It almost seems like it tries to work then stops. After doing that the BRAKE light, SLIP light and VDC light stays on, and traction control no longer wants to work at all...this makes me feel uncomfortable driving around without it on. It never did this until this winter when the temps dipped below 30, do you think the cold messed a traction control sensor up? Do you think the boost finally wore a sensor or the control module out?

anyone advice is appriciated and thanks for taking the time to read it.
What are your tire sizes?

Old 02-23-2009, 03:53 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
That is normal....Its doing it in Winter because the road is cold and tire sticks less. If you are not a good driver...just leave it on...it will try and safe you and your car. If you are not happy with that...just get better tires.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
okay i think you guys are missing the point.

I wasnt stomping it like im racing, but when i do, traction control doesnt even seem to work at all.

this morning, going to work i slightly leaned into the gas harder and harder in second, getting u to about 60mph and not even near losing traction and the lights still came on, its only under hard acceleration it does this...but tractions control doesnt work ever. getting into boost just proves it.

It used to kill power to the car and blink slip, then go out. That is the way traction control should work on this car, and has in the past.

tire size is irrelivant as its worked with this exact set up for a year

Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
naw homie, i hope that is the issue though, cuz that really makes sense, ill go do that in a bit.

Thanks man

thanks for helping me figure this out guys

Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this has happened to my car when I did a donut but I had the VDC off, not on. Its really only happened to me when I spun the tires and the car itself was spinning around.

Not really sure in your case. could be the car thinks that something is wrong because of the speed and the rate at that the tires are spinning? I dunno lol maybe ask your local infiniti tech?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
yeah dude, honestly im trying to everything i can not to head to my local infiniti dealer.... i dont trust dealers in a car like mine ugh

I know what you mean when doing donuts, its normal for the slip light to stay on and all, ive done that before.

This seems to be similar but this infact is NOT how it should work, nor is it how it used to work. im going to check the fluids now.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well good luck! and keep us posted!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
It sounds to me like you have a bad ABS sensor.
I already had to replace my front passenger side ABS.

I had issues similar to yours.
My wheel alignment guy hooked up the computer
through the OBDII connector and read the ABS readings.
One was off after a certain speed. We tried cleaning it
and repositioning it but in the end it came down to just replacing it.

I ordered the sensor on my own and replaced it myself.
No need for calibration and car still running great.

It can also be a computer issue that controls the ABS.
The only way you will know is by having ti hooked up
to a computer that will diagnose your ABS system while driving

Old 02-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the post glex. I guess im going to schedule an appointment with my dealers soon, to atleast get it hooked up to their computers.

I may also take the tech on a drive to replicate my problem like also mentioned.

Im really leaning toward a bad sensor or somethin....it doesnt feel like anything serious.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:42 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
What about a possible messed up sensor that is on the diff. I thought it measured wheel slip?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boost hard on traction control?