Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Built Twin turbo, HTA turbo's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forged Built Twin turbo, HTA turbo's!

Well my name is Matt and some of you might recognize this build from my other thread. I've decided to re-vamp it clutter/ Drama free.

I started with an 03 coupe and wanted a simple greddy twin setup to run on stock internals, Well surfing the classified section of g35driver i found a brand new Forged longblock and that's where i started to lose control... If you've ever read the children's book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" you'll know what i'm talking about. Well now i had the turbo kit and a built motor that could hold 700+, so now i needed a fuel system and clutch, ect ect ect

I tried to save a few bucks and had a local shop in pensacola instal the motor and greddy kit and long story short, they raped EVERYTHING, 80 miles into my break-in the motor was blown. Something about starting a motor without oil.... NOT GOOD. Well i dragged the car in shambles up to Sharif and he has been my savior! Expensive and less then speedy but you really get what you pay for!

Forged Performance took the heap of "what-the-*uck" and transformed it into a "Forged" car. It turns out that the bearings in the turbo's are bad after the "oil" episode and the first motor blowing. When sharif finally strapped the car to his dyno the plumes of smoke started. Sharif broke the car in and got a rough tune of 530whp out of his DD dyno before i came back and all but demanded the car back for the month i had off work (live and work in baghdad). The tune was rough, very rich, and the car burnt oil like it was gasoline but i still enjoyed being back behind the wheel.

Well I'm back at work now and the car is being shipped back up to Forged to have the turbo's pulled and sent off to forcedperformance.net for an upgrade to their "HTA Conversion". This conversion is where i think i'll spark peoples interest... I couldn't pull much information from forcedperformance at all except that this wheel is custom made in-house and is comparable to the gt35r but spools faster and can support more. My goal is 750whp(+-) on sharif's DD and forcedperf assures me this will be no problem at all. That's about all the information i can get from them on it at the time. However i'm pitching a sponsorship proposal to the owner of forcedperformance.net in order to get some publicity on these things. STAY TUNED!

The Car is still far from being finished and at this point i'm all in, this will be my weekend queen indefinitely! I haven't spent much time on the interior or the suspention yet but they are right around the corner. I've had many setbacks with this build, the most recent being a 50lb beaver to the kuruma Z bumper at 70mph (40 year old virgin.... "that *ucker came outta no where") I am looking for a shop right now to paint the car, i'm thinking about either Laguna Seca blue from the E46 m3 or the Monterey Blue from the 370z.

Forged Built longblock
eagle H beam rods
Arias extreme duty pistons .030 over
JWT c2 cams/springs
Fluidyne harmonic dampner
Koyo thick core radiator
Crawford plenum
Greddy twin turbo kit with HTA upgraded turbo's (gt35r)
3.5in Downpipes with open dumps
16lb wastegate springs
Aps 3in dual exhaust
CJM twin in tank 255lph assembly
AAM full return fuel system
RC650cc injectors (1000cc's on the way)
Carbonetics Tripple Disk Clutch
Quaffe lsd w/ 3.3fd
Kuruma Z front bumper
AEM Meth injection
Defi guages boost/oil pressure
AEM wideband
Volk GT-7 19's

Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking forward to round 2!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dam no oil on start up? Booooo.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Good luck on da build bro i too play in da desert..lol (Kuwait) as i wait for my project to become completed. The car will go in the shop this week hopefully tomorrow for the engine removal and build to handle my HP needs..

BTW if you go wit this choice
Laguna Seca blue from the E46 m3 You my man will be DA SICKest G35 on da face of da earth yo.. I LOVE laguna Seca blue i wish the M5s came in that color.. well good luck yo..

and for all yall dat dont know.. Laguna Seca Blue..

Last edited by nyqueenz; 05-20-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Go with Laguna Seca Blue!

Your car sounds nice, post some pics sometime.

I can vouch for the guys at Forced Performance...specifically Aniel Pagan, he has done numerous turbo builds. If you get a chance you should check out his turbo Talon.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
hope that 'upgrade' really does spool faster. you should see the power band of the smaller gt3076 turbos (my350z shop builds). awful, no power til 5000 rpms. it would be wayyy worse with a gt35!

good luck.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Yea i'm hoping for much much faster spool then that. Talk about being pissed off!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
UPDATE:
I picked up some tein sportlines w/edfc
Cosworth plenum
hks1000cc injectors
Hotchkis sway bars
stillen front fascia
06 custom headlights
and instead of going with the laguna seca blue i thought i'd go with something a bit more unique...

Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
You're wrapping the car in satin black vinyl?

Meh, not that unique lol I'd stay with CB I love that colour.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
You're wrapping the car in satin black vinyl?

Meh, not that unique lol I'd stay with CB I love that colour.
Not sure how you can think satin black isn't unique... where i'm from there is no other car that color at all (florida panhandle) not to mention it'll be one on maybe a handful of g35's ever done like that. I toyed with the idea of something else but after long consideration i came with this due to a few reasons. I love the CB as well BUT if you notice carefully in the photo's the kuruma z bumper doesn't match very well with the rest of the car and neither does my rear bumper/trunk after being repainted due to a nice key-ing. This solves that problem without destroying the stock paint which would hurt the resale value. If i ever don't like it i can just peal the sticker off and be stock again!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Ohh no I'm not saying it isn't unique on the street, it is a definite head turning colour. But to those of us on a tuner/enthusiast club we know it has been done before. Not saying it won't look good, because it will look great. Besides vinyl is awesome lol.

Sucks that you can't vinyl the door jambs as well because blue with stand out like a sore thumb.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Ohh no I'm not saying it isn't unique on the street, it is a definite head turning colour. But to those of us on a tuner/enthusiast club we know it has been done before. Not saying it won't look good, because it will look great. Besides vinyl is awesome lol.

Sucks that you can't vinyl the door jambs as well because blue with stand out like a sore thumb.
The engine bay is getting painted as we speak and the door jams will be vinyl'd as well

Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Ohh, you're painting under the hood and then vinyl the door jambs! Blacks a good colour for under hood, it should never have been body colour.

That will be sick then, let me know how the door jambs go I have never seen that done!

Old 10-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still rocking those GT-7's, eh?

was it Blake's shop over in Pcola that messed your engine up??

good luck with the rest of the build!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Joaquin03
still rocking those GT-7's, eh?

was it Blake's shop over in Pcola that messed your engine up??

good luck with the rest of the build!
Yes sir it was that shop... Hope you are well! Yep i still have the gt-7 but they might be replaced in the near future...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forged Built Twin turbo, HTA turbo's!