Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT Turbo numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i completely agree. 20/20 hindsight of course!

Old 02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
XKR is very well versed in this subject and has already said (along with others) what I was thinking.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
OP... You should come to Zdayz In May in North Carolina........ There will be hundreds of G/Z there lots with FI. Sylvan Lake will be doing the 7 hour drive from Canada
7hrs it will take 7hrs to get to Great Falls Montana! even with 850bbs its going to be 40hrs. The more I think about the drive less I want to come

Originally Posted by str8dum1

Dont listen to these pocketbook ricers that posted above me. Every thing is easy when someone else is doin the work
I wish i had the pocket book to drop it off. Another wasted Friday night last night writing cheques to get my car running again

Rich is also correct about the Greddy kit being a very good option kit for cost vs power.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^ 40 hours using an 850bb???? I guess the vacuum lines will not be hooked up...

Old 02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
love DIY

I tend to bite off more than i can chew..... But i always learn from it... I installed a granite living room floor in my house. Redid my stairs in hard wood. Dug up 2 trees root ***** by hand.... But no one can ever call me lazy and when i set my mind to something i will finish it. So i honestly believe i could do all this stuff to my car... i do not think i could tune it tho.... so ill have to find a good shop in my area... ill check out 350z for good ones so thanks for all your posts and keep them coming... if i do it myself i will prob make a video or atleast a detailed photo book to post. Dont expect it anytime soon tho since the economy is bad and my wife cant even get a interview with a full business degree and exp.... what has become of america....

Old 02-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice

Originally Posted by XKR
please look at my setup.... I have the bIg GT35r... But you will be shocked to see how fast they spool up. Also you will also see where my filters are located.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/808731

So if quick spool up is what you are looking for with the feel of power .... That's more of a reason to get a custom GTM kit. Remember... I have owned 2 of the 3 kits that JWT makes....

As far as shops.... PFS and Franks garage I am told is top notch. Go to my35z... They have a listing of all the GOOD shops in your area.
Your car is alittle over the top of what i want.... absolutly beautiful tho. I think i looked at the wrong gtm kit before because the one i saw put the filters by the front wheels... one on each side of the intercooler. Not a fan of the red all over the engine but that can be changed... thanks for the help and i would like to say your interior is the cleanest ive seen for one so busy. My final power goals are about 500 whp. Atleast for a few years till its paid off and i get something new... i dont think ill ever sell it to be honest. actually i think i should probably rephrase my goal... i want to pull away from a 911 turbo. (i know that 0-60 they will pull away from me) thanks again guys...

Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
^^^^^ 40 hours using an 850bb???? I guess the vacuum lines will not be hooked up...
the thing is with a Canadian drivers liscence if I get pulled over I just have to pay cash
right on the spot but it dosent affect my driving record I got dinged last time I was in the US lucky I had cash on hand. I will carry a big wad of cash and be there in 20hrs

OP my car is likely a little more what your after...power wise and cost wise if you look in my garage it has pictures and build specs. i am running XKRs hand me down parts

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 02-06-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:31 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by Arrington329
Your car is alittle over the top of what i want.... absolutly beautiful tho. I think i looked at the wrong gtm kit before because the one i saw put the filters by the front wheels... one on each side of the intercooler. Not a fan of the red all over the engine but that can be changed... thanks for the help and i would like to say your interior is the cleanest ive seen for one so busy. My final power goals are about 500 whp. Atleast for a few years till its paid off and i get something new... i dont think ill ever sell it to be honest. actually i think i should probably rephrase my goal... i want to pull away from a 911 turbo. (i know that 0-60 they will pull away from me) thanks again guys...
LOL.... I only told you to look at my car because of where my filter are located.... Not telling you to go as far as I have.

You said you did not like the location of the GTM filters... And I was showing you that the filters can be positioned different ways.

As far as the red hoses.... The car use to have the blue ones.... I was told that red shows up better in pictures ..

I do agree with Terrys post. You plan on going FI with your DD on a schedule??? And you think building a motor and installing a TT kit in a week trouble free is possible????

Old 02-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Still cant find your kit

I went to the gtm website.. Was that the stock location for the filters... heres what iam finding. GTM G35 DE (TURN KEY) TWIN TURBO KIT. Is this diffrent from your kit... (your turbos are obviously bigger) this kit comes with the gt28rs .64 a/r... Ive got to ask to.... what do you guys do for a living... cause some of these setups look pretty pricey. maybe iam just investing to much of what i make.

Attached Thumbnails JWT Turbo numbers-gtm-filter.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
The air filters out front for cold air is not to your liking? I don't like them up high in the engine bay - they ingest hot air sitting at a light.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
nope dont like them outfront

Originally Posted by rcdash
The air filters out front for cold air is not to your liking? I don't like them up high in the engine bay - they ingest hot air sitting at a light.
Its not really that i dont like them there.. they are there because the air is fresh... the problem is that hampton roads floods alot. With the filter located there i would completely ruin my engine.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
XKR
^^^^ the bottom like is...what we are trying to tell you is... You can have the airfilters installed anywhere you want... So picking a turbo kit on the basis of air filter location is not wise.

You saw pictures of my GTM kit... You can see that my air filters are not in the low position.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i just dont understand how and where people are driving thru lakes.

The water would have to be 3/4 up your wheels and well into the bottom of the door before it was submerged to injest water.

air filters are oiled to make them hydrophobic. splashes and rain do not affect them.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by str8dum1
i just dont understand how and where people are driving thru lakes.

The water would have to be 3/4 up your wheels and well into the bottom of the door before it was submerged to injest water.

air filters are oiled to make them hydrophobic. splashes and rain do not affect them.
Not all.....the AEM dryflows arent oiled at all.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM
sorry... iam not trying to cause problems.... i was just checking to make sure its the same setup... I did take your advice and research your setup... iam going to get the 700hp setup with a mild tune to about 550 whp. As for the lake thing.... ive been stuck on the navy base here where i had to worry about getting water in the stock air slit. Hard rain for 1 hour = 1 to 2 foot puddle outside of gate 5.... you could use a fanboat down terminal blvd. Norfolk used to be a swamp that they drained... kinda like new orleans

as for the kit ill have to get the tubing changed for the filter. thank for letting me know about the gtm... has anyone installed this thier selves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Turbo numbers