Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Best Sounding Blow-off Valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Sounding Blow-off Valve

I plan on getting the Greddy Twin Turbo kit for my 6mt coupe and basically i want the best sound BOV....Please help me choose a good BOV because there's so much to choose from....and if anyone has vids of the BOV sound please post or pm me....thanks

I went from ashy to classy...

Old 09-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Re: Best Sounding Blow-off Valve

seems the most popular is the hks ssqv. ive heard it in person and it gives a really nice high pitched release. my friend with a STi has the blitz dd which sounds like its passing gas =P

Old 09-25-2004, 05:53 PM

I would have to agree the HKS SSQ is the best....it doesn't leak. I have the Greddy Type S BOV on my 240sx and its like a bird chirp to me. It's ok but I'm getting annoyed of it. I'm gonna recirculate mine because Im running rich in between shifts and I can't afford a SAFC2. Hope that helps.

S13/SR20 for sale

Old 09-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah get the HKS SSQ. Be careful with that TT. I would hate to see your engine blow.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 10-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Guys I have the greddy TT and when I let of the gas I get a whistling noise and I think its coming from the Greddy RS BOV. Is this a leak. And by "whistling noise I mean like a very subtle human-like whistle (not the actual release from the BOV sound).

Any ideas as to what this is?

Old 10-02-2005, 03:37 AM
When you let off the gas?? Well it could be something with the BOV, like it is creeping open a little bit or that its not seeling all the way. If it was under power I would see if it was wastegate creep.....IF you want sound and volume turboXS makes some nice units also.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by tecni
Guys I have the greddy TT and when I let of the gas I get a whistling noise and I think its coming from the Greddy RS BOV. Is this a leak. And by "whistling noise I mean like a very subtle human-like whistle (not the actual release from the BOV sound).

well i dont have a turbo but i have a cai and it does the sam thing not sure if thats the same as yours..

Old 10-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tecni

Its the RS BOV, at little or no boost I noticed the whislte too. I tried tightening and loosening and it still did. BTW I got it on my 98 prelude.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:56 PM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
Yeah I had the RS BOV on my Greddy TT setup. It caused so many friggin problems with leaking when I let off the throttle I took it off and put the HKS SSQV on instead. IMO it was the best move I could have made. Geez that BOV is a great unit. Tight seals in Vacuum, very agressive high pitched sound. If you are looking for a BOV that screams "hey I have a TT under the hood" the SSQV is the way to go. The RS is more of a subtle air release sound. If you are trying to stay stealthy avoid the Greddy Type S and the HKS SSQV like the plague.

For those who are hearing funny noises with the RS BOV it is a leak under vacuum and be carfeul with that because if your Mass Flow Air Sensor is reading that air in the system and it leaks out before the Throttle plate the motor could stall at idle. If this is your problem you have a few options

1) Get the HKS EIDS unit to compensate for an atmospheric venting BOV
2) Relocate the BOV to sit before the MFAS
3) Tighten the Bolt on the top of the BOV. (Be careful to tighten it correctly as the bolts are very easy to strip)

Old 10-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah I have the RS and it whistles, it's the sound it makes when it closes up. Yes, it leaks at times, and I had to really tighten it down so my car wouldn't die upon deceleration.

The HKS BOV has a different mounting option, i'm not sure how i'd mount that on a pipe w/ a Greddy type flange already welded on.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
2 Cars......2 Turbos...
It's not possible....You'd have to get a new intake pipe from Greddy. I also mounted the HKS before the MFAS to prevent any problems on deceleration. It also makes the BOV hella loud when it is down there. I had the whole intake pipe replaced with the RS on it and sold it as a unit. People seem to like that cuz they don't have to do the welding themselves. It will cost you about $100 or so to have the HKS flange welded on to the Greddy piping. If you have this done insist that it be positioned before the MFAS and your car will run so much better both accelerating and decelerating.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
i had two Blitz on my 94 supra and i loved it!!!!
it had the big whooosh sound

Old 09-08-2022, 01:51 AM
Banned
ford bronco sport
Question Sounding Blow off valve

The Sounding Blow off valve is a small, simple device that is used to release pressure from an air tank. It is often used in conjunction with an air compressor, and is installed inline between the compressor and the air tank. The valve has a lever that is opened when the pressure in the tank reaches a certain level, allowing the air to escape and preventing the tank from rupturing.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:50 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,157 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Wanna know how I know you're a bot?