Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

V2 *IDLE coolant over heat*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spinna001
Not wrong thread. I was having the same issues as the thread starter! The guy said they will only deny warrranty if you have a plenum installed,flashed the ECU, or do cams and springs etc
cool. well i bled my coolant system and hopefully that fixed my overheating issue but so far no overheating.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I haven't updated this thread for a couple months but my car was still overheating after everything I did. I bled it again and this time when it erupted I caught it before it started. I was watching it and while the car was at idle, with the heat on blast, the level rose very slowly with the large bubbles coming out every second or two. I let it do that for a couple minutes then the level was getting to high so I shut off the car. Once I did that it just erupted like it always does.

note: I also applied some redline water wetter to the mix a day before when I changed out my fluid again.

After that I kept the coolant level up on the spill free funnel. It consumed about a quarter to half a container of 50/50 mix.

The next day I was driving my car for a while then I was going through a congested part of downtown (where the speed limit is parking lot speed). I was driving in 1st gear at about 3000 RPM and my car started to overheat. Then I got back on the main road going about 60mph and it stopped overheating and didn't overheat again that day. Ever since then it still hasn't overheated. I may have to bleed it again and maybe do the same exact thing I did before and keeping a careful eye on the coolant level in the spill free so no air gets pulled in.

If anyone is having the same problem then this thread will help out a lot.

Thanks for all the input from everyone and I'll post again if she overheats.... (knock on wood).