Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Meatbag's G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Meatbag's G35

Will post pictures of progress and what not.

The beginning:

Bought the car in January of 05 being the first new car I have ever owned, and the first stick I have ever driven. I proceeded to drive her home from the dealership through a couple of school zones and bumper to bumper traffic

A set of willwoods being the first mod done to the car:

6 month later I decided i wanted to build the car and install a twin turbo system. Dropped the car off and the build began. I could go on forever about the details but the project went from installing a built motor and a greddy kit to Topsecret widebody, brakes, upgraded turbos, fuel cell etc.....

The work done was a good foundation, but I wasnt satisfied with how things went and the car had plenty of bugs to work out.

Horrible ignition problems and other misc mechanical problems kept the car from being tuned for about a year. Finally I got fed up and began to tear the car down myself and rebuild everything how it should have been to begin with. Rewired the entire engine, interior, strandalone, etc.. among replacing coils, fuse boxes and other parts to correct what had been done.

All in all I was happy with the outcome. The car ran better then I could have imagined. After I was able to tune the car to 18psi she was making 620whp and I could start it every morning and blast the AC all the way to work without thinking about it.

I enjoyed showing the car and winning a couple shows during this time and taking some roadtrips across Texas.

The only problem with driving my car so much(any day it wasn't raining) was that eventually people ran into me. Not once, not twice, but three time. If it wasnt that then it was something else(tire launched by trucker into bumper) So keeping the car out of the body shop was the next challenge. Luckily each event just left the body panels in need of some finessing and paint and was never anything major. The worst being when i didn't completely latch my hood and my Topsecret hood flipped up forcing me back to the stocker.

But like all good things, it finally came to an end

At this point I had to really think about what I wanted to do with the car. Getting rid of it not being one of them. At this point I had already been talking to Charles at CJ Motorsports about a new intake manifold and so while the car was down we worked out the details and I started stripping the car down.

Charles started on the manifold and sent me updates constantly. It was great to see how things progressed.

Once the manifold arrived i started to think and realized how little I really used the A/C, preferring to drive with the windows down more then anything. So i ditched it and took some little ideas from Charles and relocated my PS pump so I can run 3" intakes to the turbos.

New intercooler core

This isnt a simple manifold swap and I am still working on the rest of the car. Unfortunately TopSecret stopped producing the widebody kit for the G35 and they had to pull the molds back out from storage to make me some new pieces so I have time to kill while things are being made.

Currently I am in the middle reworking the wireing and doing a semi wire tuck

Finished up the engine harness. Everything is hooked up and done on that part. Hopefully I will have time to clean up the last of the wiring tomorrow night.

Small update. I am pretty much stuck at this point except for nit pick stuff since I still dont have a radiator which i need so i can mount the fans, etc and do the intercooler piping.

Also got my new box in been saving up for awhile for this one.

Small update

Car fired up on the first try. Was test fitting a radiator to see what the clearence was going to be like.

Car was making some funny noises in the front timing cover so I decided to pull the motor to make sure everything was alright.

I ended up replacing all the timing chain tensioners and the intake VTC sprokets. During this time I pulled the rods and crank to mic' and cheak all the bearings. Everything looked good and I put a Nismo oil pump while doing the reassembly. I also converted the back of the turbos to v-band since getting to the greddy 3-bolt flange was a pain and had everything ceramic coated again. I also replaced the crappy greddy oil feed lines with some new ones since they were leaking.

Couldn't wait for body work any longer and started mounting the IC and the piping.

Updates. Will start tuning tomorrow. Body work JUST showed up last night.

3" intakes

Next will be to construct a tubular support for the front bumper, radiator, etc... and ditch most of the composite core support.

This is what she made after turning the boost up a tad and ironing out the AFR some.

Still have a lot of tuning left to do.

Got her up and running in time for Import Reacter and a little supra action over the weekend. Will post a build thread later this week.

New panels being test fitted.

Originally Posted by HavokGT
meat, you should delete the side markers... would look hella clean
That is acutally how I had it before the wreck and im doing it to the new bumper again as it does clean it up quite a bit.

all back together for now.

Dyno vid from some initial tuning.

Not me driving but I wanted to get some of it going down the street.

New drag radials on for the weekend.

New dyno vid on c16 race gas and 26.5psi of boost.

Last edited by meatbag; 02-09-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
<----- envy

Old 03-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So sick, and that is how it's suppose to be done!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
car looks EPIC as always, good **** bro, keep posting PICS!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Mustache looks nice on it

Old 03-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
no....words....just....boner.............. and drool.... lots and lots of drool....

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
effin amazing!! that thing looks mean!

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
About time you come back here! Been following your build on 350z... great work and can't wait to see body all finished up..

Old 03-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Looks good and great work sir. I want your brakes!!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
wowzers!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Omfg that looks nasty as hell!! I gotta check out the build thread!!

Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that a work of art

Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
I just looked on 350z and it gave me a headache cause everything is backwards and upside down.. please post your build on here!! Lol

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Insane, how many times did you get pulled over for driving with no front end? lol

Old 03-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
Insane, how many times did you get pulled over for driving with no front end? lol
Only once lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Meatbag's G35