Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Tuning my car and having fuel issues!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning my car and having fuel issues!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone. Well hears the issue I'm having, apparently I had the old style deachwrks injectors. They were taller then the revised ones. So they were cocked to the one side in turn was causing the injector not to sit right. In turn was leaking boost. Ok spaced them out, shaved the rail to fit with the cosworth and problem solved...
I don't have every single fact yet, I'm going tomorrow morning to talk about it in person with the tuner.Now one of the banks is running lean under load. If the car idles it's fine and all the air/fuel at idle is fine. Just at 2500 rpm(THATS AS FAR AS WE GOT WITH THE RPMS WHILE TUNING) the one bank under load is going lean. Were kinda stumped. Tuner said it sounds like one or two of the injectors are hanging up. He said the fuel regulator seems fine cause the other bank is fine. So were going to be taking the injectors out sending them to dechwerks to have a flow test done. In the mean time trying to figure out what else could be causing it. Does anyone have any ideas or input/help??????

Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Are you running the cosworth plenum? Check and make sure your end caps are on tight and not loose. It may or may not be causing the problem...I remember I had a slight lean condition in one of my banks because of that...we tightened it up and all was fine from there on out.

Not sure if that is your issue but it may be worthwhile and easy to check out.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by silver g
Are you running the cosworth plenum? Check and make sure your end caps are on tight and not loose. It may or may not be causing the problem...I remember I had a slight lean condition in one of my banks because of that...we tightened it up and all was fine from there on out.

Not sure if that is your issue but it may be worthwhile and easy to check out.
I'll check it but I think that baby is TIGHT!! I made sure of it when I installed plus added little blk rtv. Thanks bud!!

Anybody else have any input?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
What kind of fuel pump are you running? Return system or no?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by silver g
What kind of fuel pump are you running? Return system or no?
255 wlboro and aam fuel return. The thing that has tuner stumped is the fact that the one bank if fine and fuel pressure is fine. Just the other is leaning out. In my opinion after I calmed down a bit and thought about it, it makes sense if the 1 or 2 of the injectors are failing. Then again I don't know a whole lot about all this just the basics. I'm hoping and praying it just that and noting serious....

Old 08-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Yeah weird...wait and see what the flow tests say. BTW What size injectors? Are you sure they are all the same?

Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Today I went to the shop. When I was talking to the tuner he was saying that when he was adding fuel bank 1 would b getting rich while bank 2 was getting lean. This was all at 2500 rpm (under load). At this point he is going to do a compression test and then remove the injectors and send them to DW to get a flow check.
I ask him if it were his car what would he think it is? He said he would be surprised if they DW called him and said they were ok. He also said not to say that thats for sure the problem, and I understood that. He said the motor wants to make power and from what he's seeing it's a fuel issue that is somthing mechanical. Now I didn't know I had the old style DW injectors so I'm not sure if somthinfg happened when I installed them cause they were kinda forced into the lower intake or not, but possible. I hoping it's just a injector problem and fixing a bad injector will fix the issue. What other things could be causing this guys? Here are some pics of the sheet he printed me

Old 08-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
if one or more injectors were bad, you'd have a misfire or hesitation. sounds almost like an intake leak to me.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by the_coupe
if one or more injectors were bad, you'd have a misfire or hesitation. sounds almost like an intake leak to me.
It was all tested and no leaks, I understand what your saying but thats no the case bro. This is why I'm baffled. I said the same thing. He said If there not flowing right for instance if there like dripping instead of spraying that would make it run ok w/out load and when it is in demand for more fuel and it keeps doing the same then it would lean out correct? Someone was behind the car and said it was blowing blk smoke. Rich rt? Ok so it was comming from both so I have true duel. So this would mean bank 2 reading lean but blk smoke this would mean unburnt fuel rt?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
wow no ones got any ideas???????????????

Old 08-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Guess no one has any input!!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
It's kinda hard to say until they do there tests.. hang in there buddy!!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
It's kinda hard to say until they do there tests.. hang in there buddy!!
I'm just trying to get some opinions. I know it's hard to tell with out testing. And I'm trying to hang in there. It's kinda hard tho when you droped mad loot and one thing after another keeps happening.....

Old 08-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Honestly I would re-do the whole fuel system if the injectors come back normal. Sometimes problems like this don't go away unless you start from scratch. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Just read that you are blowing black smoke...usually means rich...but u are showing lean. try going to a different tuner...maybe his equipment is not reading right...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning my car and having fuel issues!!!!!!!!