Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
G2FAST is also working the minds at MY350Z forum. Got a good post going between APS and Turbonetics.

I would have to agree that post turned out good, alot of good information.

GXCLUSIV which kit do you like?

Old 03-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
I would have to agree that post turned out good, alot of good information.

GXCLUSIV which kit do you like?
Which kit? Dunno yet, actually still deciding between ST, TT or SC kit. Prefer to go TT, but the wait for turbo kits for G35, is changing my mind to often. To chose from SSR, JWT, TurboKinetics and APS. TKinetics ST is the cheapest around $5K, good warranty, no tuning required, sending ecu to TK is not that bad, but best to complete all your mod before sending it. The other 3 are around $7.5K, JWT is only one carb.approved and not yet released, #'s could be better for TT kit, reliability unknown but good name. SSR no known problems yet with kits, good #'s around 400rwhp, but not very popular on G's or Z's for some reason, and not looking for carb cert., a minus for me living in CA. APS looks very good on paper, too soon to tell how reliable they are on Z's, best #'s on TT kits, TT may pass smog inspect. not sure about carb cert. At this point, Im kinda leaning towards going SC. Compared to TT kit, less installation required, less parts involved, and possibly less wear on engine, so maybe a safer bet. Possibly better for daily use. Just seems like more things can go wrong with Turbo kits than SC kits, with alot of engine parts replaced. Which SC, either Vortech or HKS. Vortech is trying to get carb certified, possibly in few months. Kit is popular and seems to be pretty reliable, and dyno #'s are good, direct bolt-on from box. HKS kit looks very nice with that F-Con EM system. Kit is complete, nothing else required, no ecu flash needed, and supposeably carb approved when its released, a big plus. The name is trustworthy. Only downside is price, HKS $6K and Vortech is around $4400-4800. I think if your not looking to building-up your engine, and happy with around 330-370rwhp, then a SC kit is probably the way to go. Im sure I'll change my mind several times before I finally choose. Hell, if I dont get one by the time APS TT is released, very good chance I'll get that, but just need someone trustworthy/qualified to install it in San Diego.

Last edited by GXCLUSIV; 03-16-2005 at 12:51 PM.