Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Performance: Mint Low Mileage Vortech Supercharged 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Forged Performance: Mint Low Mileage Vortech Supercharged 350Z

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and share our latest completed project in the 350Z market. This car is owned by a gentleman by the name of John who's impeccable taste definitely carries over to the car he drives. John was one of the very first 350Z owners in the southeast and purchased this vehicle brand new back in 2002. Over the past 11 years this Z has been transformed into one of the most tasteful examples we have seen while staying in show room floor condition. One of the main reasons John's 350Z remains in such a perfect state is the extremely low mileage, with just a little over 7,000 miles on the odometer the car only gets driven on short weekend cruises during the best weather conditions. While this Z looks absolutely stunning rolling down the road with its spotless paint, chrome I-Forged Wheels and subtle carbonfiber accents, the owner felt it was time for his car to have some beast to match its beauty. As always, John only trusts one shop with his baby and the car rolled onto the property of Forged Performance for the last time in its naturally aspirated condition.

With the plan in place to keep the internals of this VQ35DE OEM and John wanting just another 100 or so whp on tap for those Sunday cruises, the decision was made to install the tried and true Vortech Supercharger System. This set-up will allow John's 350Z to have a wide, smooth powerband that will make much more enjoyable stop light to stop light action on those rare occasions that this monster is released from its cage. Of course we also opted for a Forged Performance Custom ECU Calibration to assure that not only does this freshly boosted Z make impressive power but it does so reliably without sacrificing the driveability that comes with a 7,000 mile car. The end result was spectacular 379whp on our low reading Dyno Dynamics Dynometer, which should be enough to keep John happy for a long time!

The following users liked this post:
bigc (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
7g's on the odo? That's IT????

Holy crap. There would be no WAY I could refrain from driving my car to keep that kind of mileage on it. I have a DD (ish) and I can't stand leaving the G in the garage for longer than 2 days. LOL

Old 05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
7g's on the odo? That's IT????

Holy crap. There would be no WAY I could refrain from driving my car to keep that kind of mileage on it. I have a DD (ish) and I can't stand leaving the G in the garage for longer than 2 days. LOL
I'm the same way, this is the lowest mileage Z we have seen lately. It would be so hard to not to drive it but OMG it is sooo clean!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Wow thats real discipline only driving for short cruises on weekends.

On the otherhand what was the big deal about posting another Vortech install on a stock motor ?

Last edited by HotRodG35; 05-04-2012 at 09:30 AM.