Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

'04 500 whp g35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 500 whp g35 sedan

Gentleman,

I have the opportunity of buying a fully built motor and a greddy twin turbo kit for a really really good price. The motor is tuned at 503whp and 449wtq.

I want to know if anyone on this site, has a G35 manual rear wheel drive that makes this much power?

I owned a G35 manual a few years ago, yet I only had about 300whp. After that I purchased a WRX tuned at 370whp.

This deal on the G35 is a little too good to pass up, however I want to know if this much power can be controlled?

What do I need to do to the G35 to be able to control this amount of power.

I like to do highway pulls, I'm a bit afraid of being in 6th gear at 70 or 80 and downshifting to 4th and the car will go sideways and spin out of control and Ill crash it!

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Old 11-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Anyone here have a 500whp g35 manual?

Gentleman,

I have the opportunity of buying a fully built motor and a greddy twin turbo kit for a really really good price. The motor is tuned at 503whp and 449wtq.

I want to know if anyone on this site, has a G35 manual rear wheel drive that makes this much power?

I owned a G35 manual a few years ago, yet I only had about 300whp. After that I purchased a WRX tuned at 370whp.

This deal on the G35 is a little too good to pass up, however I want to know if this much power can be controlled?

I like to do highway pulls, I'm a bit afraid of being in 6th gear at 70 or 80 and downshifting to 4th and the car will go sideways and spin out of control and Ill crash it!

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Old 11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
who here has a 500whp g35

Gentleman,

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Old 11-14-2014, 02:00 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
how much are you getting it all for?

Old 11-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Your an idiot for posting this in 4 different threads. And LOLOLOOLLLLLL at downshifting and crashing.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by staiflexat1
!
Define "Fully built". Do you have the entire mod list to the motor, or is it simply twin turbos slapped on a stock engine?

Has the driveline been upgraded at all to handle the power increase? What suspension and braking mods have been done to support the new power levels?

Sure it can. Factory cars these days are coming off the line with 500HP. The key is good tires, and discipline in the right foot. With that much power on tap, you just need to control yourself. I've had the opportunity to drive Mustangs with 500-600+ rwHP and a shorter wheelbase and it really comes down to how you apply the power. There are things you can't do with 500HP that you could get away with when you have "only" 300HP. You'll need to drive the car and understand it's power curves and when the turbo's spool up and start to make power vs being low in the RPM where you can get away with a downshift without lighting up the tires. All this just takes experience.

The bigger question is if you can control the power. Do you feel that you can handle a 500HP car? It really comes down to driver responsibility as to if you will get in trouble with the car. Something like that is more of a sunny day driver. You don't want to drive 500HP in the rain, or so, so hopefully this isn't a daily driver for you.

You could potentially look at adjusting the tune and running less boost and making less power if you want to make it a little more driveable. Would also save wear and tear on the motor and driveline as well. High HP cars are fun, but there is such a thing as too much power on a street car. I've always felt 350-400HP at the wheels was perfect for my needs on the street.

The following users liked this post:
frontieragent (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Define "Fully built". Do you have the entire mod list to the motor, or is it simply twin turbos slapped on a stock engine?

Has the driveline been upgraded at all to handle the power increase? What suspension and braking mods have been done to support the new power levels?

Sure it can. Factory cars these days are coming off the line with 500HP. The key is good tires, and discipline in the right foot. With that much power on tap, you just need to control yourself. I've had the opportunity to drive Mustangs with 500-600+ rwHP and a shorter wheelbase and it really comes down to how you apply the power. There are things you can't do with 500HP that you could get away with when you have "only" 300HP. You'll need to drive the car and understand it's power curves and when the turbo's spool up and start to make power vs being low in the RPM where you can get away with a downshift without lighting up the tires. All this just takes experience.

The bigger question is if you can control the power. Do you feel that you can handle a 500HP car? It really comes down to driver responsibility as to if you will get in trouble with the car. Something like that is more of a sunny day driver. You don't want to drive 500HP in the rain, or so, so hopefully this isn't a daily driver for you.

You could potentially look at adjusting the tune and running less boost and making less power if you want to make it a little more driveable. Would also save wear and tear on the motor and driveline as well. High HP cars are fun, but there is such a thing as too much power on a street car. I've always felt 350-400HP at the wheels was perfect for my needs on the street.

Thank you for that! I appreciate what you said!
The whole motor is fully built, the block is fully forget pistons rods bearings, the heads are fully built also.

What do you mean is the driveline upgraded?

this will be my daily driver. I want a faster car than my WRX is right now. I have a daily driver WRX tuned at 370whp and 360wtq.

The WRX is fast and fun, I just want a faster car. A g35 wont be faster than the WRX unless it is a about 500 hp. trust me on that, I'm a good driver I've beaten 425 hp g35, my buddy has one, he has never won 35-120 mph pull.

I live in the midwest, so with the snow and ice and rain 5 months out of the year, it may not be a good idea to get the G35.

I just wanted to see what a couple of people have done with their 500 hp g35. Everytime I drive a 440hp+ g35, or 350-370Z I always feel like I will lose it.

Very different than my WRX!

Thank you for a well thoughtout answer sir

Old 11-14-2014, 11:59 AM
I understand completely what an WRX can do. I've been beaten by plenty at the dragstrip.

I'm not sure I would recommend a 500 rwHP car as a daily driver, especially trim turbos. Depending on how well the previous owner had them setup, they can be a bit finicky at time and reliability may suffer as well.

I also would not recommend driving a 500 HP RWD car in the snow, or even heavy rain. It can be done, hell i've done it, but it was a white-knuckle ride for sure.

Good luck to whatever you decide to do.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I understand completely what an WRX can do. I've been beaten by plenty at the dragstrip.

I'm not sure I would recommend a 500 rwHP car as a daily driver, especially trim turbos. Depending on how well the previous owner had them setup, they can be a bit finicky at time and reliability may suffer as well.

I also would not recommend driving a 500 HP RWD car in the snow, or even heavy rain. It can be done, hell i've done it, but it was a white-knuckle ride for sure.

Good luck to whatever you decide to do.

The turbo set up is completely new driven only 500 miles also the greddy twin t urbos have only 500 miles as well!

It sounds like you have a 500 hp g35. Its tuned with osiris correct? So cant u add a 500 hp map and a stock map for the winter?

How much power did your car make? And what is your best time at the track?

Old 11-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by staiflexat1
The turbo set up is completely new driven only 500 miles also the greddy twin t urbos have only 500 miles as well!

It sounds like you have a 500 hp g35. Its tuned with osiris correct? So cant u add a 500 hp map and a stock map for the winter?

How much power did your car make? And what is your best time at the track?
Not a G35.

When i was younger I used to be pretty involved with racing and modifying Ford Mustangs. I've driven plenty of high HP Mustangs...some over 500HP.

I got out of it back around when I got my G35, but still have one Mustang. Not as powerful...yet.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Have a shop put it together that is race quality strength.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I have well over 500hp..... Is this 500 at the crank or at the wheels? Also, Not much really needs to be done. Make sure you get a twin disc clutch... Are you stock ride height?

Old 11-15-2014, 12:34 PM
500 hp at the wheels sir!

How do you handle that? When I my last g35 was at 300 whp and I would take a turn a little faster or when it was a little wet out it would always go sideways...

What suspension are you running? Also what is your tire size?

Old 11-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
you should post this up in the FI section on my350z.com you'll get a lot more answers!