Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

vortech BOV replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vortech BOV replacement?

can you replace a vortech BOV with maybe a greddy type-s or hks BOV?

Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Banned
you can replace it with a Greddy s type , or the new rs type . If you want to go with another brand , you will have to get a flange to match and have it welded on the pipe

Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 PM
sweet dude thanx for the help. i really like the sound that those supras have (dont know which bov it is though) where it is like a high pitched screech.if u know what i am talking about.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:17 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by 2FAST4U_G35man
can you replace a vortech BOV with maybe a greddy type-s or hks BOV?
you could, but why would you want to. Have you heard mine or JDM V35's? They sound SICK! Go to www.jdmv35.com and dl the Twin Supercharged G's vid and listen....clean up afterwards.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
you could, but why would you want to. Have you heard mine or JDM V35's? They sound SICK! Go to www.jdmv35.com and dl the Twin Supercharged G's vid and listen....clean up afterwards.
lololol. i get it . i have heard it and they sound awesome ur right, but i was just wondering. just keepin my options open

Old 03-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I just got my car back yesterday and although the BOV sounds cool, I'd prefer a more forceful louder psssshh. The Vortech BOV sounds like it slowly releasing pressure. I am thinking about going with the Turbo XS RFL. I hear it real fuking loud. I want to scare people when I drive by.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:22 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Gman2004
I just got my car back yesterday and although the BOV sounds cool, I'd prefer a more forceful louder psssshh. The Vortech BOV sounds like it slowly releasing pressure. I am thinking about going with the Turbo XS RFL. I hear it real fuking loud. I want to scare people when I drive by.
dude, you must have a dif BOV then. My stock BOV sounds louder than ANY BOV I've heard. Check out the vids referenced above and tell me if yours sounds like that.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah that's how mine sounds. Let me rephrase....It's not that the vortech is not loud, it just sounds like the air is wheezing out.... Kinda of like when you let air out of a tire only a lot louder. I am looking for the phssssttt sound you get when you disconect an air compressor but a lot louder.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:01 PM
So it probably has a way to close itself, like a spring or some other pressure based door.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:13 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by ChristPuncher
So it probably has a way to close itself, like a spring or some other pressure based door.
it has to because me and JDM_V35 has the same system and his sounds like a turbo BOV and mine sounds like a F16 fighter staging for take off! BTW, what the orgin of your handle? Where did you come up with Christ Puncher?

Old 03-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Banned
I bought a Greddy rs type BOV . I hate the whistle of the Maxflow from Vortech .Will have it in a week . The Turbonetics Raptor BOV looks like it will bolt right up also , but dont know the spec's on it . Im hopeing the Greddy will not whistle as bad as the Maxflow

Old 03-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
That blow-off valve sounds as if it's not adjusted properly. You can hear compressor surge when it releases. Get it adjusted so there's only one puff of air not a shudder and that thing will sing. 6-7 threads showing is what most people come up with.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by gspot35
That blow-off valve sounds as if it's not adjusted properly. You can hear compressor surge when it releases. Get it adjusted so there's only one puff of air not a shudder and that thing will sing. 6-7 threads showing is what most people come up with.
i like the way usdm's bov sounds.
vrooooommmm ta-ta-ta-tas-tas-tas-ssssssssss.lol.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 2FAST4U_G35man
i like the way usdm's bov sounds.
vrooooommmm ta-ta-ta-tas-tas-tas-ssssssssss.lol.
That ....ta-ta-tas-tas-tas.....thats compressor surge and will end up hurting the blower . It does sound kinda cool ...but....do you want cool ....or a blower that needs to be sent in to get fixed

Old 03-07-2005, 12:57 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by gspot35
Craig, that's what I thought...sounded like it wasn't able to release the boost quick enough...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vortech BOV replacement?