Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics revup kit on a non revup engine 07 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics revup kit on a non revup engine 07 g35

As stated in the title. Im looking into the turbonetics signle turbo kit. It only states the availibility to buy the kit for the "2007rev up" my car is a non rev up engine. Question is, will it work and will it work properly? Thanks everyone.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:34 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's probably a "bolt-on" kit that includes a base tune designed for a specific vehicle. "Tuner" kits don't include any base tune (and fuel delivery components) and fit a broader variety of applications.

I suggest you do A LOT more research into T/C if you're getting stumped by very basic questions such as these, don't be afraid to call up a vendor if you have questions about their product, find out who in your area does forced induction work on Nissan/Infiniti's and go pick their brain a little as well. It's easy to make mistakes that will cost you your motor if you screw up.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry i suppose i didnt introduce myself enough over here. Ill be installing the kit myself. I just finished my last project a year ago and wana do something new/newer. I single turbod my 91 mustang january of last year. Made 383whp/384wtq at 5500rpm on a stock block, i switched over to a mild 306 and then to a 351w cranking up the boost via electronic boost controller and megasquirt pnpII ecu. Tuned and built by me and a friend or two on the way. Also some tuning help by a guy over at stangnet.com.. This is nothing new to me asside from the almost 17 year age difference in cars and technology. I was just curious as " when purchasing the kit, is rev up vs non rev up going to be an issue". Im most likely going to stick with megasquirt as i know what im doing when it comes to the software (alot of dyno tuners wont go near a megasquirt. atleast in my area.). Im 21, not a moron and been around this for a while. Ill go ask the vender though.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
A quick google search and found a thread about the coupler for the MAF not fitting properly, I'd shoot an email to the vendor and ask what the difference is, they should know or could just contact turbonetics if the entire kit was produced by them.

The following users liked this post:
IssaG35 (09-29-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.